It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

icelandic lake monster spotted! (VIDEO)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Stuff might even be tied together and pulled. Looks like spaced pieces of wood with stuff in between.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
In the NW of Scotland and all along the coast to Orkney - there's tales of large, sea going serpent like creatures with long necks and a bull like black head.

This could be a hoax, some debris or it could be a new type of cold water sea serpent..who knows?

Interesting though. Lots and lots of deep lakes seem to always have tales of mystery creatures.
edit on 7-2-2012 by JB1234 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I think - just as we see moving shapes in the clouds - this is chunks of ice that are being moved by the tide and just happen to look like a sea serpent.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jace26
reply to post by TheCommentator

FAIL,
Koolasuchus was a species confined only to Australia. The Brachyopoids died out elsewhere but only managed to survive in Australia because of the extreme cold temperatures, which kept out crocodiles that comperted with it for food.
How would a Koolasuchus be living on the other side of the planet? Besides it would not have been that long and the head would have been much, much wider.

The koolasuchus is not a brachyopoid, perhaps a hundred million years before in its evolutionary tree but it is an amphibian like chigutisauridae.
I dont remember saying that this is a koolasuchus, I said it reminds me of one; which it does.
Even then it’s always possible it could have moved up to those areas or its early ancestors which had spread around the world happened to develop in similar conditions to the north of the planet.
I believe at the beginning of the Cretaceous period, Gondwanaland was still connected to the super continent Pangaea so they could have spread anywhere.

Anyway, like I said I wasn’t even saying that it was koolasuchus so thanks for making yourself look dumb.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Firstly, you did say it was a Koolusuchus you are contradicting yourself.
Secondly, it is in the brachypoidea family.
Thirdly, it is not possible for the Koolasuchus to have traveled to the northern hemisphere as it was too warm during that period and it would have had to competed with crocodiles etc.
You just made yourself look like an idiot.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Originally posted by Jace26

Firstly, you did say it was a Koolusuchus you are contradicting yourself.
Show me where I said this.

Secondly, it is in the brachypoidea family.
Brachypoidea are shellfish.

Thirdly, it is not possible for the Koolasuchus to have traveled to the northern hemisphere as it was too warm during that period and it would have had to competed with crocodiles etc.
I never said that they did but anything is possible I guess.

You just made yourself look like an idiot.

No I didnt, your trying to twist my words when I clearly just said it 'looks' like a koolusuchus.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
So where did it go eventually? WHERE IS THE REST OF THE VIDEO UP UNTIL THE POINT WHERE IT GOES UNDER WATER OR THE CAMERAMAN REALIZES IT'S TRASH?! The end result would prove a lot.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I wonder why the camera kept changing back and forth from different angled shots. It felt like it was trying to be sold to me, rather than just believing it based of video evidence.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I can't believe most of the posts in here.

The thing is clearly moving in a direction that is not with the flow of the water. The head is creating a wake which means that this thing is self-moving. If it was garbage, then why is it all kept together while remaining flexible enough to "snake" through the water?

And why isn't the camera guy running away in terror from the monster? Because he isn't in the water with it.

I'll admit that, like most lake monster videos, this one doesn't seem like the full video. However, some of the explainations around here seem quite rediculous, like the garbage ones. This thing fits the description of many other lake-"monster" sightings.

To me, it looks like a large marine creature just barely surfacing, hence all of the ice on its back. Most of its mass is under the surface.

It could be something rigged with a propeller, but it seems pretty elaborate to carry out. I don't think it makes sense to simply call it a hoax because you hear a mechanical noise, as if one does not notice that the camera is only recording what it is aimed at.
edit on 8-2-2012 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by wonderboy2402
I would call it suspect considering how much movement is happening in this river. Alot of ice and areas of turbulence in the water... My guess is something caught in the current? Would have been nice to actually see this move against the current, but the vid makes it hard to tell if it is actually swimming as opposed to just flopping around.

That's what I thought too. There is a lot of movement going on.
It could definitely be something caught in the disturbance, which is making it move like a snake.
To me, it does not look biological. looks to me like debris.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
It's clearly a long piece of footage, but it's so edited that you can't get a clear picture of how it's moving.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
My guess......

It is a remote controlled boat, with a serpent shaped "head" attached to it - then has a series of floating "segments' attached to its behind like train cars.

The way it moves so "mechanically" has me guessing this.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I don't understand everyone talking about it's size: sure it seems big in the video but there's nothing to reference it with!

I don't want to discard this video as a hoax, it's very interesting. Will keep checking back to see what other people think about it! There could be a large worm monster, there would seem to be a niche for it in the ice where not much else can survive. And if it's going to survive anywhere without detection, Iceland would be the place!
Loads of empty space, hardly any people. Easy.

Thanks for sharing!
Ben

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Jace26

You are both right and you are both wrong.

Brachyopoidea is the superfamily.

Brachyopidae is a member family in the superfamily of Brachyopoidea (which is a member of the class of Amphibia). Chigutisauridae is another member family of the superfamily Brachyopoidea.

Specifically, Koolasuchus is a member of the Chigutisauridae family.

Source

As for what TheCommentator stated with regards to this creature.

Originally posted by TheCommentator
Cool video!

Reminds me of a koolasuchus:

Looks to me like they stated that "it reminds them".

-saige-

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Whats to say it's not just a really big snake that swims?

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by OGOldGreg

It would not live 10 minutes in the icy water as snakes are cold blooded.
Im glad that you bumped this thread tho , its an interesting video.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemooone2

Species adapt and evolve. Maybe because of it's size it's built up some sort of immunity. Maybe it's 100's of years old, hence it size. Kind of like how they've found 100 year old crocodiles up to as much as almost 20 feet long. And this includes crocodiles found in Asia.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Its one of those robotic snakes you can tell because it has joints where you can see it swivel. My 2 cents

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
There is a new video on yahoo today of this thing taken by a farmer.

Yahoo sucks with commercials - sorry.

video

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by BBalazs

11 stars for a video of a freaking python swimming in the water

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join