It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Garage Door Openers Stop Working On Entire Missouri Block

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

stlouis.cbslocal.com

ST. CHARLES, Mo. (AP/KMOX) — It’s a puzzling phenomenon: On one street in St. Charles County, garage door openers have stopped working.

The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that no one knows what exactly is going on at Westhampton View Court. The garage door openers at all five homes on the court stopped working shortly after Christmas.

“It’s a weird, weird thing,” Joe Sullivan told the Post-Dispatch. “And the timing for it all to go haywire for everybody at the same time can’t be coincidence, right?”
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
This is crazy! They say it all happened at the same time. What I didn't see is if they found fried electronics or if something was just jamming the frequency.

One commenter seems to have a bit of knowledge on the matter.

While the “tinfoil hat” part is correct, the “wide input – harder to jam” part is not. You are probably assuming that the entire spectrum would have to be interfered with – but the reverse is true; “wide-input bandwidth” means that a signal anywhere within that bandwidth can be interpreted by the receiver. Thus, it is a lot easier to randomly pick a frequency that falls within that bandwidth that will allow you to “tie up” the receiver with confusing/invalid signals.

Beez

stlouis.cbslocal.com

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by KillShotMi

I live in one of a row of terraced houses. Anyone who parks their car outside my home comes back to find they can't open it by their key fob remote. Same thing happens to me, it's like its a dead zone for the transmitters? Park a little further along and everything is fine.

It's been this way since I moved in? I suppose I'm saying stuff like this can happen, I couldnt imagine what may be causing it though?
edit on 6/2/2012 by Grifter81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by KillShotMi

stlouis.cbslocal.com

ST. CHARLES, Mo. (AP/KMOX) — It’s a puzzling phenomenon: On one street in St. Charles County, garage door openers have stopped working.

The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that no one knows what exactly is going on at Westhampton View Court. The garage door openers at all five homes on the court stopped working shortly after Christmas.

“It’s a weird, weird thing,” Joe Sullivan told the Post-Dispatch. “And the timing for it all to go haywire for everybody at the same time can’t be coincidence, right?”

LMAO...I was going to post this about 2 hours ago.

This is nuts. Why would all those garge door openers just stop working. EMP test maybe????

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by KnightFire

No, they say the openers or the receivers show no signs of permanent damage.

I wonder if there is something that can read or detect all frequencies?

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
With the talk of noise pollution and new wireless devices I wonder if anyone got a new wireless router or equivalent for Christmas that is effecting the wireless transmissions?Seems unlikely, but is a thought. Also most garage doors are hard wired as well i wonder if the hard wired switch's are operational as well.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

I dont think an EMP test is likely or there would have been a lot more electronics that stopped working than just a few garage openers.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by KillShotMi

No, they say the openers or the receivers show no signs of permanent damage.

I wonder if there is something that can read or detect all frequencies?

Good question. I'd be curious to know if there is some kind of wireless detector out there. And if there is, how can I jam it?

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD

I dont think an EMP test is likely or there would have been a lot more electronics that stopped working than just a few garage openers.

Agreed, but it's cool to get the conspiracy theorist blood inside of me flowing.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Could be totally unrelated but...

In Australia, there's a road intersection with traffic lights. Everything on the surface looks normal. However...If you're one of the unlucky ones to not go through the traffic lights and has to wait till it changes to green. You'll be greeted to a spectacular show within your vehicle. Every sound and light inside your car will go off randomly beeping and flashing. Happens 100% of the time without fail. What do you think causes it?

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

There was a story I read just this morning that... if my first-cup memory serves, was in the UK; a whole town where cars would not open to their owners. Doors did not respond to being remotely unlocked and even digital-button codes on the doors refused to work.

UPDATE:

Story link:
www.cambridge-news.co.uk...
edit on 6-2-2012 by redoubt because: Addendum

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

That is pretty strange. The house next door to mine has been vacant for well over a year. About once a month the garage door simply opens itself. Everyone all my street has garage door openers and no one else has that problem.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Garage door openers usually have several different frequencies to operate on. Not ALL of them, but a majority of the newer models will have a bunch of selector pins in the back of the remote where the batteries are stored and there will be another set on the opener in with the wiring or sometimes in the back where the low voltage wiring is connected.
There's still some unanswered questions. Are they all the same make and model? Do they work without the remote? Has the receivers and remotes been changed out, and if so do they work?

Also there is radio frequency detectors available. Most are usually marketed as Wireless bug detectors most are hand held and can detect a field up to about 30 meters away.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Might this have something to do with the earths energy grid changing?

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
itll be another device running on the same frequency.

A spectrum analyzer will find the cause.

Used to see this all the time with satellite tv systems. Someone in the same street would have a gps system that finds speed cameras running on the same frequency and hence knocking out all the tv in street.

A particular premises used to lose its tv signal at 4pm most nights for a few weeks. after taking the spectrum analyzer, engineers pinpointed the device to a taxi cab using illegal speed camera detection equipment

ps highfreq i agree, but quite a lot of new estates all have the same garage systems installed in batch.

edit on 6-2-2012 by zeetroyman because: update

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

I read that too... I wonder if we have come close to putting as much noise in the air as we can?

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Its intresting three people have posted here about things being not working right, the garage doors, the cars in the Uk and the traffic light in Australia. My mind wonders if this could have anything to do with the strange sky noises. Both my be caused by electromagnetic interference.

Electromagnetic waves passing through the ionosphere can cause noise. Maybe the planet is being bombarded with an increased amount of EME them same energy could I guess have an affect on electric appliance on earth.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
could be some kid messing with a jammer or something he made.
I mess with stuff all the time.
I am making a ball lightning generator.
look up plasma microwave candle, on YouTube.
I am going to do it in the open with a long cable!

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
we live in a world where we have more new transmitters each day.
mobile phones are using more frequencys all the time.
Wifi & mobile computers and god knows how many more.
one or two are mostly harmless.
be we have hundreds. we used to complain
about power lines to close to your homes.
100 yard from me is a radio mast, moblie phones?
there are about 40 transmitter block things.
and two buildings to power it up?
this IS something that could end mankind.
we will not find out until its too late what this is ALL doing to us.
and if they say they have tested it dont fall for that.
they test them ONE at a time.
have you ever listened to a 100 piece orchestra?
does that sound the same as one?

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I have ten bucks that says this is a 21st century teen version of ring and run.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join