It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many think Super Bowls are fixed especially this last one?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
What business corporation leaves their business model to chance? Name one!

I have been picking superbowl winners based on storylines since before Jarome Bettis won his goodbye bowl in his hometown of Detroit and I wasn't wrong then and haven't been wrong since!!

Seriously, this was the 10 year anniversary bowl since 9/11; who didn't know the 'patriots' and the New York team would be there.

NFL - National Fixed League

edit on 6-2-2012 by Phayte because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phayte
What business corporation leaves their business model to chance? Name one!

So you think the NFL's "business model" depends upon a specific outcome?

The business model and strength of the NFL lies in the parity and ability of any one of 32 teams to conceivably and realistically be the ultimate champion when the season opens.

You know before the baseball season starts, there's maybe 6 teams who have a chance. The NBA is the same way. Going into an NFL season, it's wide open.

I think anyone who believes the NFL is 'fixed' knows a helluva lot more about absurd conspiracy speculation than about the NFL, or business in general. But that's my opinion.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by MrDesolate

It's about fan interest and entertainment and how to pull the right strings so that the storylines = interest and entertainment.

The NFL isn't the most successful league in the world by chance or on field skill. I won't waste any more time on the likes of you, if you can't see it, you never will. Keep feeding that fat pig and enjoy the games.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phayte
I won't waste any more time on the likes of you, if you can't see it, you never will. Keep feeding that fat pig and enjoy the games.

Gee, that's really too bad. It seems like you have so much to offer that could enlighten me.

(That's what we call "sarcasm", just so there's no misunderstanding.)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
It was an entertaining game and i don't see any fix happening.

Originally posted by DrNotforhire

I think when New Orleans won the super bowl (was it three years ago) Right after Katrina... that was a little suspicious....

New Orleans won the 2010 Super Bowl....that's hardly "right after Katrina".

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Towards the last 8 minutes of the 4th quarter, I felt that this thing was fixed watching the receivers drop the ball the way they did and ofcourse the last touchdown by Giants was too easy.

I'm a Giants fan but I do prefer the sport to be a true sport. I'm sure there have been several gambling related issues with several players but just felt it was too damn easy and wasn't expecting such bad plays by the patriot receivers especially towards the end of the game.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
A lot of good points, here's my 2 cents.

Yeah, the NFL is a business before all else. It is good business to have a team from a large market win a big game. It's more profitable. A game like the super bowl? With two east coast teams? ChaChing.

For those who do not believe there are story lines in the sports press, wake up. What planet are you on? There indeed are and most of the time they are far from subtle. And why not? It gets more viewers that way, especially Americans. They are drama junkies.

To say an entire league is fixed is going a long way. It would be hard to keep covered up and potentially bad for business. With that being said, whose to say it could not work at the micro level? With one or two individuals? With the dollar amounts being thrown around, there is no shortage of cash to hedge a bet.

To believe with millions of dollars at stake, that every involved individual will behave totally above boards is a little naive.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ABNARTY
It is good business to have a team from a large market win a big game. It's more profitable.

And pertaining to the NFL and the Super Bowl, your source for that assertion is...?

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MrDesolate

Source? You need a source to verify a team in a larger market makes more dollars even with a revenue split? The fact there are no expansion plans for an NFL team in Butte, Montana or Selma, Alabama is not enough?

If we must...

www.shmoop.com...

www.forbes.com...

harvardsportsanalysis.files.wordpress.com...

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by LilDudeissocool

So do you think that before the season even starts that the two teams in the super bowl and the winner of the superbowl are all ready determined, or do you think they let the season play out and then decide who will win the super bowl.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Of course and its NLP/Mind Control, and the patriarchs lost. With so many suffering in this world people need to stop idolizing sports and media stars as well and start equalizing. There are permissions and according to tptb's workings, karma, though I renounce all karma for the people and send that boomerang back to tptb.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by LilDudeissocool

It's not that the game is fixed or the outcome of the game is known before hand, It's that players can easily be bribed/bought..

Almost every sport in the world is corrupt... wherever there is money in sport, there is corruption

Sad but true.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
The players are playing for their next contract. So no...I don't think they are fixed.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Do I think it's fixed? No, but I do find a few anomalies.

After 9/11 the Patriots won and, during the "war years" won 2 more times. Could that be a message that we should be Patriots to the cause?

In 2009, after President Obama named Dan Rooney the ambassador to Ireland, the Steelers won the SB. Was that a reward?????

I did think it was great that Jerome Bettis got to win his one and only SB in his hometown of Detroit.

Great tweets:
James Harrison: Cheaters never win!
Ryan Clark: 0-2 since Spy-Gate, just sayin.

Go Steelers!!!!!

edit on 6-2-2012 by Feltrick because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I always get bad looks after sharing my opinion that the major games including NFL are indeed fixed. So I often stay quiet about it. The more I think about it though is this billions of dollar industry better be fixed because the owners and cities would not leave money like this to chance.. Im sorry but is all just like pro wrestling folks.
edit on 6-2-2012 by wiredamerican because: spelled

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by ABNARTY
Source? You need a source to verify a team in a larger market makes more dollars even with a revenue split?

Do you even read your own material?

The assertion you made is that "It is good business to have a team from a large market win a big game. It's more profitable. "

More profitable for whom? How does a large market team winning a big game benefit a smaller market team? Where is the incentive for the league overall to "fix" a Super Bowl to benefit a large market team?

Does anyone even think this through or is it just kneejerk regurgitation based upon some preconceived looney conspiracy mindset?

Buffalo isn't going to benefit "more" by a NYC team winning the Super Bowl. If it was all about large markets skewed to win, why hasn't there been a team in LA since 1994?

Do you need an answer?

Because the game is phenomenally successful already. Nothing would do more collateral damage than a hint that the games aren't legit competition. The Cowboys are the most valuable franchise in the NFL and they haven't won a Super Bowl since 1995. The Redskins are second most valuable, and they haven't won since '91.

You guys need to go check the Illuminati Madonna Halftime Conspiracy thread. The goofiness in there just blends into the background. You're just embarrassing yourselves with this nonsense.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Of course it's fixed. It's Disney on Ice. How could the networks risk a cash cow as big as The Superbowl being left to chance.

If it weren't fixed, it would in all likelihood be just like last night's dour meeting between Liverpool and Spurs; a 0-0, dull as dishwater affair. What self respecting advertiser is going to stump up millions for a few seconds of airtime for such a tedious waste of airtime.

You have a four hour broadcast with just 11 minutes of "action". How can it even call itself sport? It is a commercial jamboree. The Superbowl is a pure distillation of Joseph Heller's observation of sport in Catch 22

Like Olympic medals and tennis trophies, all they signified was that the owner had done something of no benefit to anyone more capably than everyone else.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrNotforhire
I didn't want either team to win....

But I can see how some games are fixed...

I think when New Orleans won the super bowl (was it three years ago) Right after Katrina... that was a little suspicious....

Yeah that was real suspicious...they were putting up more points than anybody in the league and they had a defense that was the best in getting turnovers. In case you didnt know, those are two things that pretty much solidify your team as a "winner".

Guess what else?? Katrina was in 2005... the Saints won a Superbowl in 2009. So ummm... why is that so suspicious again? Especially considering the team went through a total overhaul around 2007-2008?

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229
Towards the last 8 minutes of the 4th quarter, I felt that this thing was fixed watching the receivers drop the ball the way they did and ofcourse the last touchdown by Giants was too easy.

I just read last night in a yahoo news article that Tom Coughlin and a few of the Giants players had recognized that the Patriots were letting him into the end zone because at that point there was under a minute left, the Giants were already in range for a chip shot field goal, and they were trying to leave Brady some time to get the Patriots back down the field. That's why the RB tried to stop and fell backwards into the end zone, because as the play was developing Manning had yelled out not to score, but he said his momentum carried him in. Otherwise the Giants could have run the clock down to a few seconds and then kicked the field goal. Coughlin said he was happy that he scored because as was seen by that "poor Baltimore kicker" two weeks before, no field goal is guaranteed at any time.
edit on 7-2-2012 by SimontheMagus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by DrNotforhire

Nonsense. The Yankees lost after 9/11....

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join