It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many think Super Bowls are fixed especially this last one?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
C'mon man really???

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I thought Obama was more into fixing the NBA Championship games than he is into football or baseball?

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Juston

The trick of conspiracies is to make a conspiracy out of anything that takes away attention from the REAL conspiracies.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by MrDesolate

I do not know who you are talking to; me or the whole thread?

Me:
"To say an entire league is fixed is going a long way. It would be hard to keep covered up and potentially bad for business."

You:
"Nothing would do more collateral damage than a hint that the games aren't legit competition."

Yup. I can see a huge difference. You got me there. Definitively worth "kneejerk regurgitation based upon some preconceived looney conspiracy mindset".

As far as your "How does a large market team winning a big game benefit a smaller market team?" I have no clue. I am not sure where in the thread anybody even mentions this. However, the NFL 60/40 revenue split does float all boats.

My last on this as I am "just embarrassing yourselves with this nonsense".
The NFL is profitable. Any hint of scandal could be bad for business. However, the NFL is not monolithic, it employs thousands of people. It generates millions if not billions of dollars. Go ahead and assume all those involved with the organization are 100% above boards all the time. Assume anybody who thinks otherwise wears a tinfoil hat. With regards to larger markets not being any different than smaller markets, go ahead a try getting a small business loan with this as your model.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Im a Giants fan and but the look on Brady's face from the beginning was like he had so much to tell the world but his life was more worth it than saying anything.

Or the payoff to keep quiet and lose was.

I wouldnt at all be surprised if Bloomberg paid Pats to loose. The man is filthy rich. Jewish MSM, hello Gotham rich. Scandalous

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieWoof

Originally posted by LilDudeissocool
I'm just curious because I think they are. I may as well have been watching WWE last night.

All it will take is one player who is in on the fix to snitch. I think one day that will happen.

Let me guess. You're a Patriots fan?

No. I'm a life long Lions fan.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
reply to post by LilDudeissocool

You really think Superbowls are fixed? Where your evidence that last nights awesome game was fixed? Just like watching WWE? Mmmmkay...

I can theorize can't I?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt

How many think Super Bowls are fixed especially this last one?

Talk about a hot-damn topic, hot damn!

personally, I think there is a behind the scenes effort... you could call it a conspiracy if you chose to, with outcome being games that end up closer than they should be or winners being determined by media market share. Smaller markets like Carolina, Atlanta, Kansas City, etc, generally aren't the ones you see glorified by the sports media or the sports apparel industry. Teams like Green Bay, Denver and Arizona with small local markets but huge fan bases nationally, are also, curiously, the ones most often splashed on the TV screen when selling NFL branded merchandise.

One curious event was the rise of the New Orleans Saints... which once had the smallest market in the league but after Katrina, they became media darlings and somehow, almost immediately, went from drudge fudge to the Super Bowl.

In the college game, ESPN, along with organizations like the AP and USA Today, all but own the sport. teams are ranked for style rather than wins... and this is why that sports media is fighting tooth and nail to prevent a playoff system. They don't want to lose control of the golden egg laying machine. That's also why you can see an NFL game for roughly $50 but a college game can cost upwards of $200-400.

Yeah it could be a billionaire's boy's club conspiracy where it's all decided in "quite rooms" in the backrooms of their elite clubs, or it could be a few players like en.wikipedia.org... It's been done before obviously in baseball. College basketball just a few decades ago too.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phayte
What business corporation leaves their business model to chance? Name one!

I have been picking superbowl winners based on storylines since before Jarome Bettis won his goodbye bowl in his hometown of Detroit and I wasn't wrong then and haven't been wrong since!!

Seriously, this was the 10 year anniversary bowl since 9/11; who didn't know the 'patriots' and the New York team would be there.

NFL - National Fixed League

edit on 6-2-2012 by Phayte because: (no reason given)

Guess what? You know the truth regarding the whys. Wonder who are the whose?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by lcbjr1979

So do you think that before the season even starts that the two teams in the super bowl and the winner of the superbowl are all ready determined, or do you think they let the season play out and then decide who will win the super bowl.

The later. The teams talent is determined by the NFL Draft and money spent on each team which ups the odds of success, but is no guarantee off success. During the NFL Playoffs and then finally the Superbowl, I believe the fixes are in for the final outcome. There is always a storyline as one poster has put it. Ive noticed each team in the Superbowl has one. This year it was between the 10th anniversary of 911 and Mr. Kraft's late wife story competing. The 10th anniversary of 911 just had more gravity that's all.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229
Towards the last 8 minutes of the 4th quarter, I felt that this thing was fixed watching the receivers drop the ball the way they did and ofcourse the last touchdown by Giants was too easy.

I'm a Giants fan but I do prefer the sport to be a true sport. I'm sure there have been several gambling related issues with several players but just felt it was too damn easy and wasn't expecting such bad plays by the patriot receivers especially towards the end of the game.

It was quite obvious I must say too. If it was the Lions and not the Jets I would have the very same feelings as yourself about it.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

It's not that the game is fixed or the outcome of the game is known before hand, It's that players can easily be bribed/bought..

Almost every sport in the world is corrupt... wherever there is money in sport, there is corruption

Sad but true.

True, and here is an example I have already posted en.wikipedia.org... regarding fixed professional sports games, but the "storyline" explanation that one poster has mentioned on this thread I have my money on.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
The players are playing for their next contract. So no...I don't think they are fixed.

So contract opportunities are the only opportunities they can receive in the future? Hint. Oil/banking, politics and media in that order.
? They are the Earth, Moon and stars.

edit on 8-2-2012 by LilDudeissocool because: "Money money money it's a rich man's world."

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Here, David.

You see, David it's not a conspiracy, it's just business, and the NFL owners are merely white collar versions of

The NFL owners and owners of commercial sports teams in general are like the Bumpy Johnson character in the American Gangster movie throwing free turkeys off the back of a truck to the people. If you have ever watched that movie then you know what I am talking about.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Why did Rome have a Coliseum, David?

Story-lines, David.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Illusionists and sometimes thieves employ distractions to achieve their goals.

The NFL owners are a little of both, David.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juston
C'mon man really???

No conspiracy, just big business, NFL team owner one percent-er big business which is all about only one thing, making big money. To keep making big money you need to keep the common people distracted big time. Otherwise the focus will be on you big time if you are a 1%-er NFL owner. That is, on just how you made big money. Such as through K. Street, and buying elections through providing big donor campaign contributions and future opportunities for politicians in industry. Along with major speaking fees by your attending some elitist PAC event where some has been politician gives a speech for an outrageous amount so up and coming politicians and current politicians know what will be coming to them in the way of big easy money.

That is how a rigged market system is created that only benefits the top 1%, subsidies, insider government contracts, aka no bid contracts, tax breaks up the wazoo etc etc etc. That creates mass envy when people focus on just how NFL owners get their stockings stuffed by Santa Uncle Sam, and then the masses will want what you have, and you will then be poor.

Besides the business necessity of needing to create major professional sports teams and their leagues, it's a status symbol to own a major league team among the 1%.

Rigging things is simply what they do be it an entire macro market or a mere game in a league they collectively own, and that's the light in which I ask of everyone to judge my open.
edit on 8-2-2012 by LilDudeissocool because: I added content.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
No I don't think games are fixed or could be, winning is too important for most players and the coaches.

Do I think that the refs will try to throw a game? YES! There are so many obvious bad calls against one team that the refs just seem to be picking on and let too much go with the opposing team...we have all seen this in one game or another. Or just absurd calls refs make that the announcers can't explain and the replay video contradicts but are still not overturned. This last season was one of the worst officiating seasons I have ever seen. So while I don't think a team would throw a game, I do honestly feel that the refs are up for sale to the highest bidding team.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by justsaying

Ummmmmm any sports game has and still can be fixed because anyone can be gotten to, even a conspiracy between the owners and players. That's a fact!

Years ago when the mob had the Policy racket and fixed professional sports games and events such as boxing bouts it was common practice to payoff the athletes through policy racket in the way of fixed winnings.

Today billionaires, the top 1% are the new monsters. They own media entities and other big businesses that are lucrative for retired athletes. Payoffs can come down the road you see. For example 1%-ers who own professional sports teams make a "quiet-room" deal, if I may use a 1%er Mitt Romney-ism here, with sports casting companies for their players when they retire. Now I don't have to explain any further on just how such a "you scratch this guy's back down the road who will be scratching mine in some up coming games which is why I am scratching yours at this time with a great casting rights deal" works. Do I?

To be clear that is simply one example of something that could be arranged in "quiet-rooms" back at the good ole Billionaire's Boys Club.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by LilDudeissocool
I'm just curious because I think they are. I may as well have been watching WWE last night.

All it will take is one player who is in on the fix to snitch. I think one day that will happen.

Yes, the year that the Los Angeles rams and the Los AngelesLakers won it all, that was so fixed …and I lost 3,000 dollars. The Sacramento kings received 59 fouls in less then 1 minute. I cried ,and I cried for years, trying to explain to people how fixed that game was,that was the year I lost all respect for basketball and that’s when I started doing my home work.

I found out that BASICALLY only 5 major city teams had won atleast 40 championships since the birth of the CBA AND NBA.

the Celtics 17, the Lakers 16; together, the 33 championships account for more than half of the 65 championships in NBA history.

I argued my point for a very long time about LA, because it was fixed, and I knew, and so did every body else. If you look at wrestling, then you will understand what role the referees have when it comes to basketball, they wasn’t fooling me, and like vladi divac said.

‘IF you was going to decide the game like that, you could of just told us to stay home’

It wasn’t the point that I lost a lot of money, it was the principle that it wasSOOO bladently obvious…and then this comes out SOME YEARS LATER!@, lol.

TextOn June 10, 2008, Donaghy's attorney filed a court document alleging, among other things, that Game 6 of the 2002 Western Conference Finals between the Los Angeles Lakers and Sacramento Kings was fixed by two referees. The letter states that Donaghy "learned from Referee A that Referees A and F wanted to extend the series to seven games. Tim knew Referees A and F to be 'company men', always acting in the interest of the NBA, and that night, it was in the NBA's interest to add another game to the

SINCE 2008: I have never watched basketball again.

edit on 22-2-2012 by LastProphet527 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join