It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many think Super Bowls are fixed especially this last one?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I'm just curious because I think they are. I may as well have been watching WWE last night.

All it will take is one player who is in on the fix to snitch. I think one day that will happen.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by LilDudeissocool
I'm just curious because I think they are. I may as well have been watching WWE last night.

All it will take is one player who is in on the fix to snitch. I think one day that will happen.

Let me guess. You're a Patriots fan?

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
If they fix them, they did a s#itty job this year. I didn't find the actual game very entertaining.

And no, I don't think the Super Bowls are fixed.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by UFO1414
I didn't find the actual game very entertaining.

What game were you watching?

I can't imagine a football fan not being entertained by that game. Down to the wire and the outcome was not determined until the final play. No, I don't think it was fixed but Welker dropping that pass was a shock.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I didn't want either team to win....

But I can see how some games are fixed...

I think when New Orleans won the super bowl (was it three years ago) Right after Katrina... that was a little suspicious....

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
If anything, whether subconsciously or consciously, the referees are clearly biased to make the calls for the home team or for other political reasons. The Giants, a 9-7 team playing on the road against the defending champion Green Bay Packers, had every conceivable call go against them by the zebras, still botching the calls even after going under the hood, and still managed to win by 17 points. Same story against San Francisco, another team the Giants were not supposed to beat.

In this Super Bowl, playing in the neutral territory of Indianapolis, the calls seemed to be pretty fair. The zebras were probably wary that they were under the microscope because they've been so blatant the last few weeks and people have noticed and were definitely talking about it.
edit on 6-2-2012 by SimontheMagus because: typo

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by LilDudeissocool

You really think Superbowls are fixed? Where your evidence that last nights awesome game was fixed? Just like watching WWE? Mmmmkay...

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I don't think the game was fixed. I do believe, however, that the Giants receivers may have used sticky stuff on their gloves throughout the playoffs.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by SimontheMagus

And last year, Green Bay was a wild card team and had to win every playoff game on the road.

There's no fix or intentional bias. Humans are making the calls, so imperfections will occur. But willful changing of the outcome? No way and I'll tell you why. Because it's a bazillion dollar product run by billionaires who aren't going to accept even a remote possibility that their cash cow gets killed. And there's really only one thing that could kill it. The notion that it isn't all on the up and up.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I don't think so... I do think NBA might be fixed.. if anyone remembers Tim Daughtry he got caught- not by the NBA but by the FBI.. and he admitted to fixing games, and that other refs would fix games.

Last nights game was really good, by the way.. halftime sucked

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ReadyPower

We're talking about sports. Don't drag the NBA into it.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by MrDesolate

that comment made my day...

Thank you for it

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I'll throw some fuel on this. I think the comments made shortly before or after the start of tthe game, either Al Michaels or Chris mentioned how the Giants and Patriots owners were significantly more to thank for the lock out discussions to come to a deal, than other owners, should shed some light on this. That and, the best qb in the last decade just happens to throw a safety on his teams first play on their opening drive? Get out of here. Probably had to do with the line being 2 1/2 when the game started.. Sports is exactly what everything else on television is.. Entertainment.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I won a quarter and thats all that matters to me $50 is $50 no matter who gets it to you. other than that good game and the best team won.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Of course it was rigged!

New England had it all wrapped up and out of nowhere, BOOM, the Giants make a surging comeback.

But that shouldn't matter. After all, it's only a game, right?

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I don't think the N.F.L. is about playing a game, anymore. It's all about ticket sales, jersey sales, and stats. Think about it....if you made it into the N.F.L., are you going to bite the hand, that gave you the opportunity, to live your dreams...and make TONS of money doing it? Would you 'snitch'...if you knew games were fixed? And tell me, without Vegas....how much different would games be? It's all about the BENJAMINS baby!!! SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrNotforhire
I didn't want either team to win....

But I can see how some games are fixed...

I think when New Orleans won the super bowl (was it three years ago) Right after Katrina... that was a little suspicious....

Thank you! I have been thinking that for YEARS now!

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
two books that you would probably enjoy reading....

1. The Fix Is In - Brian Tuohy
2. 25 Greatest Sports Conspiracy Theories of All Time - Elliott Kalb

reading is fun!

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

the big Masonic 'G' men... versus Baphomet's five-pointed stars

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by LilDudeissocool

How many think Super Bowls are fixed especially this last one?

Talk about a hot-damn topic, hot damn!

personally, I think there is a behind the scenes effort... you could call it a conspiracy if you chose to, with outcome being games that end up closer than they should be or winners being determined by media market share. Smaller markets like Carolina, Atlanta, Kansas City, etc, generally aren't the ones you see glorified by the sports media or the sports apparel industry. Teams like Green Bay, Denver and Arizona with small local markets but huge fan bases nationally, are also, curiously, the ones most often splashed on the TV screen when selling NFL branded merchandise.

One curious event was the rise of the New Orleans Saints... which once had the smallest market in the league but after Katrina, they became media darlings and somehow, almost immediately, went from drudge fudge to the Super Bowl.

In the college game, ESPN, along with organizations like the AP and USA Today, all but own the sport. teams are ranked for style rather than wins... and this is why that sports media is fighting tooth and nail to prevent a playoff system. They don't want to lose control of the golden egg laying machine. That's also why you can see an NFL game for roughly $50 but a college game can cost upwards of $200-400.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join