It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman Tasered in Front of Daughter After Cutting McDonalds Drive-Thru Line

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
One thing to think about for those thinking that the police could have removed the woman from the car without using the taser, is that if the woman was threatening the police with any sort of violence, the police may have thought that the child would have a chance of being injured if the police tried to just drag her out of the car.

IMO, using the taser was the smartest choice when thinking about the safety of the child....it was obvious that the mother wasn't thinking about her child's safety.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
reply to post by kn0wh0w

So just because there's a kid present, this woman is supposed to be allowed to cut into line, get served, and drive away freely?

Female dog, please.

There's people waiting in line, and this woman has broken the friggin' law. Cops, do your duty.

No, the point the OP was trying to make was that the TAZER was the problem with the child present.

I however, think it's better that she got tazed with the child watching than say...the cops beating the crap out of her and dragging her out of the car kicking and screaming the entire time.
edit on 6-2-2012 by LeTan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I applaud the police

now if they did this at Disneyland when people cut... I'd be a happy camper

Cosmic Karma IMO... totally deserved.... I hope Daniel Tosh gets a hold of this video..

Teach people not to cut!

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by tebyen

Originally posted by AllUrChipsOn the other hand, the woman who tazed her will surely be given the justice she deserves in the justice system hopefully.

Doubtful. The fact that the woman refused to move her car, and refused to cooperate with the officers once they arrived on the scene will go a long way to mitigating how much trouble the officer will be in, if any.

Not that I agree with their actions. Frankly I think 3 cops could have easily handled that woman without resorting to weapons. Especially if she were unarmed.

Law enforcement uses the non-lethal tazer much more these days, for one important reason. Blood.

Personal hands-on confrontation usually leads to blood contact. Scratches, nose bleeds scrapes. Sadly, blood contact it is now another danger those in law enforcement need to deal with.

Des
edit on 6-2-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I heard on a UK tv show that in the uk taser use in everyday situations went up by 90% in the last 3 years.

Id like to know how often tasers get used by cops in the USA, since the USA has had them equipped for longer, i wonder if the hguge increase in the UK is simply because they were 'rare' 3 years ago...

Doubt she got tased just for the line cutting

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
If I were the manager, I would have let that silly, pushy beotch just sit there in her car, and I would fill the other customer's orders by sending employees outside to collect the money or cards and bring the food back out. Then they could have driven around the stubborn woman like she didn't exist. I have seen them do this in drive-thru lines when one car orders a ton of food and it will take a while to fill their order. It avoids the frustration from the people behind them who just want a single or double order.

They could have ignored this woman and let her sit there all day like the dummy she is while still conducting business. There are creative ways around mentally ill customers, the cops do not always have to be brought in.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Sorry, double post!
edit on 6-2-2012 by FissionSurplus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
She didnt cut into the ORDER line but the PAY line without her order. Wanted to order it at the pay window...wouldnt take no for an answer and wouldnt move for 20 minutes. The PAY for line...without an order.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

I don't know where you live, but anywhere in the US, the order and pay lines are the same line. So she pulled up to the pay and get-yer-food window with no order, cutting ahead of everybody else. The scenario I cited would still work. The other people would place their order and be served while Ms. Pushy would sit there blocking the pay window. The window isn't necessary to conduct business, just convenient. They could have let her sit there and ignored her entirely. Yes it would entail employees going outside to collect money and deliver food, but I have seen it done many times when things are really busy.

I can see why they called the cops but I would have ignored her, conducted business around her, until she got tired and bored and drove off. Just my 6 cents (adjusted for inflation).

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

I do agree with you. It was un-necessary to say the least. Whatever the reason...it was uncalled for. Just clarifying.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I think the police acted appropriately and she got exactly what was needed. Her three year old being in the car is irrelevant.

One of my pet peeves is the mindset of "Think of the children" when people pull stupid stunts like this. Think of the people patiently waiting their turn to be served. Think of the people inside having to deal with this crackpot. She obviously wasn't thinking of her daughter when she decided she was more important than anyone else. She wasn't thinking of her child when the police asked her to move and she refused.

That woman got exactly what she deserved. Hopefully, it will make an impression on the youngster and open her eyes to the fact that her momma's a fruitcake.
edit on 6-2-2012 by N3k9Ni because: typo

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I just want to say.... I think you have to be an idiot to support the Tazer. This is one of those stories that make you say "Oh she deserved it." It's reverse psychology 101.... It seems most fell for the Tazer as the answer, next it will be aerial drones zapping cars crashing into daycare centers, and the thought will be "Oh we need these EMP drones to stop speeding pregnant grandmothers."

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Bear in mind, I'm not one of these products of Koch Brother's think tank generated hatred for my fellow man, who enjoys nothing other than watching other's get punished. But I do think subduing this woman using necessary force was in order. However, I'm finding it hard to believe that tasing a woman was "necessary".

The real problem is the bar has been significantly lowered for who gets to carry a badge and a gun.

The other problem was having one of those sanctioned thugs demanding that the video camera be turned off.
edit on 2/6/12 by requires1231 because: none stated.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
reply to post by kn0wh0w

So just because there's a kid present, this woman is supposed to be allowed to cut into line, get served, and drive away freely?

Female dog, please.

There's people waiting in line, and this woman has broken the friggin' law. Cops, do your duty.

whether she was being an A-hole or not:
in denying this woman her rights, you've just thrown away yours, and everybody else's as well.

edit to add not singling out Starchild23 but everybody who applauds the violent solution
edit on 6-2-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I really don't see what else could have been done here. Once the police showed up it no longer becomes a matter of "wants". I don't care if that dumb woman wanted to sit there all day acting like a uneducated piece of spoiled trash, she is NOT ALLOWED to do so. She was not on her property so she was asked to leave. Once she became defiant of the law, they HAD to act. They couldn't just walk away and say, "Ok ma'am, its ok to ignore our requests, have a nice day now". Her childish behavior is what provoked her tazing, which she definitely deserved.

Hopefully her daughter learned an important life lesson, which I doubt she would've learned from her mother.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by imitator
I just want to say.... I think you have to be an idiot to support the Tazer. This is one of those stories that make you say "Oh she deserved it." It's reverse psychology 101.... It seems most fell for the Tazer as the answer, next it will be aerial drones zapping cars crashing into daycare centers, and the thought will be "Oh we need these EMP drones to stop speeding pregnant grandmothers."

I own a tazer. When my Daughter was living on Campus, at U.C. Berkley, I bought one for her to carry as she walked late at night between the labs, and her dorm. I don't in any way regret it.

I did have to take a course in tazer safety before I could purchase mine. But, that was over 20 years ago, I don't know the requirements now. Both a gun, and a tazer can be wrestled away by an assailant, I'd prefer to get shocked than shot if it came to that.

Des

link   
reply to post by Imightknow

Hopefully her daughter learned an important life lesson, which I doubt she would've learned from her mother.

what lesson?
obey?

that violence is an acceptable solution to problems?

edit on 6-2-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

link   
She was causing a disturbance to the business by trying to get the incorrect service from the window and holding them all up because they wouldnt break their rules for her.

Just because she was pushing in the cue, is irrelivant, when told she would not get service and that she needs to move - she didnt not - the cops were called.

Imagine walking into burger king and ordering a big mac, when you are told the OBVIOUS, you react badly and wont let them service anyone else, do you think they would call the cops? yes of course they would.

Just because its a disgusting fast "food" restaurant doesnt mean they have to put up with people who fault the rules and them interupt the busniess in protest.

How the cops went about dealing with her is the problem here.

edit on 6-2-2012 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

Ox

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

I think your thread title is terribly misleading. The woman wasnt tazed for cutting the line. She was tazed for being defiant and threatening deputies. You quoted it yourself.
If you resist a lawful order to move on from a law enforcement official then threaten them you deserve what you get, whether that's being arrested, tazed etc (please note I said a lawful order to move on).

So I think your title should be changed to "a woman was tazed for threatening deputies and for acting like a donut in public". Then I think it might be a fair debate and discussion.

Do I think she deserved it? Yes I do, simply because she was creating a problem and refusing to act like an adult. She blocked the service with her car no doubt blocking in who knows how many people making them late etc for who knows what. And all for breakfast? That's very immature and ridiculous. Taze her again I say.

After looking at the video you can clearly hear an officer saying "stop resisting" which is usually said AFTER they've advised someone that they're under arrest (so a higher use of force may be used and additional charges then applied). So therefore not only was she just "defying" the officers she was possibly resisting arrest. And with all the videos it's all very convenient that the footage we see or that is released usually starts at the very beginning of the police use of force.

edit on 6-2-2012 by Ox because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
I own a tazer. When my Daughter was living on Campus, at U.C. Berkley, I bought one for her to carry as she walked late at night between the labs, and her dorm. I don't in any way regret it.

I did have to take a course in tazer safety before I could purchase mine. But, that was over 20 years ago, I don't know the requirements now. Both a gun, and a tazer can be wrestled away by an assailant, I'd prefer to get shocked than shot if it came to that.

Des

It's about how the Tazer is used, it's fine for self-defense....the issue is Tasers are potential deadly weapons. It's really no different than using a gun. This story could of been "Death by Taser For Cutting McDonalds Drive-Thru Line."

The point is... stupid stories like this makes everyone think she deserves the Tazer... how dare someone make you wait for your food.... SHOOT THEM!!! The ill mentality is 10 fold.

sure you would prefer to get shocked, because you know no better...
edit on 6-2-2012 by imitator because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join