It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman Tasered in Front of Daughter After Cutting McDonalds Drive-Thru Line

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

North Carolina deputies say they used a Taser on a woman in front of her 3-year-old daughter after she cut the McDonalds drive-thru line and refused to move when she was denied service.

Employees at the McDonalds in Hope Mills, N.C., refused to serve Evangeline Lucca and told her to go to the back of the line. Lucca, 37, refused to move, and blocked the drive-thru for 20 minutes before police arrived on the scene, authorities said.

When deputies arrived, Lucca was “defiant,” “would not get off McDonalds property,” and was “threatening the deputies,” according to Debbie Tanna, a public information officer for the Cumberland County Sherriff’s Office.

Well ATS.

I hear some of you say.

Another one of them stories huh?
Well yup.

Was the use of the taser justified here?
I think not, especially when there's a 3-year old kid in the car.

video of the event

justified or not?

They pulled on her a couple of times, and then they Tased her again, and when they Tased her the second time, she just flopped out of the car like a fish.”

thoughts ATS?

justified response or excessive use of force?

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
McDonalds only serves breakfast till 10:30...
Line cutting is the most INFURIATING thing to deal with and sometimes I wish I could tazer people who do it..

I actually think this is deserved...

but thats just me!

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

Personally, I think anyone eating at McDonalds probably needs to be hit with the Taser.

In this case, it does seem that the use of the Taser may have been warranted. It's unfortunate that a child had to witness this, but the mother should have been more responsible, and this would never have happened.

Bad parenting IMO.

edit on 6-2-2012 by isyeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
at the end of the video you can also hear a caop yelling; put that camera down!

why is that?

af far is i know it isn't illegal to film cops in N.C.

this story caused quite the debate though

this sums pretty much sums up my thoughts about cops lately.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

yeah also it'll teach her daughter not to cut in line

second line

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

when they Tased her the second time, she just flopped out of the car like a fish.
I'm sorry, but I can't help laughing at that. Upon watching the video I don't think they really needed to taser her, there were at least 3 cops there, up against one women who refused to budge. At least they didn't shoot her I say.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Well on one hand, she was taught a lesson in humanity she will not soon forget. On the other hand, the woman who tazed her will surely be given the justice she deserves in the justice system hopefully. If she was not DEFENDING herself, she will be charged with any range of serious charges and will surely be sued in a civil case by the woman she tazed
Hope that egg mcmuffin was worth it

edit on 6-2-2012 by AllUrChips because: (no reason given)

ETA: I misread the op Im sorry, so the police tazed her, it just sounded like something that an impatient MCdonanlds customer would do.
edit on 6-2-2012 by AllUrChips because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
i havent been to a fast food place in years

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by wlord
i havent been to a fast food place in years

And..........do you want/deserve a medal?
One liners are frowned upon at ATS unless they have an impact, which yours did not

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
People need their GMO french fries, pink slime injected hoof meat burgers, and anti-foaming nuggets with a side of wood pulp bbq sauce...

And their fluoridated sodas... to go with it all

Mmmmmm..

I wish there was footage of the whole event(from mcdonalds security video) to see just how she was acting... I mean, how would you even be able to cut in line... those people eating that food are always the closest to the window as possible, would never let anybody cut in line... lol
edit on 6-2-2012 by morder1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Stupid problems solved with stupid solutions.

Unfortunately, this is what our society has become. Actually I digress, this situation wasn't even a problem, just someone being really stupid. Was the tazing uncalled for? Sure, but so is wanting a sausage biscuit so bad that you cut in line and refuse to move.

This is one of the times where stupidity is met with excessive force and I feel nothing for either party.

link   
I'm supposed to feel bad for the lady who cut in line and then refused to leave when McDonalds told her to get out? What did she think was going to happen to her when she refused to move? Actions have consequences. The kid would have been traumatized by whatever happened... either seeing her mom be tazered or seeing her mom drug from the car and handcuffed.

link   
the headline alone gave me a huge laugh - i #ing love america ...
...the misuse of tasers seems to be your new thing...where is the good old batton? or how about just using human power (like every normal country in this world)

edit on 6-2-2012 by Hessdalen because: mindcontrol

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
This was totaly justified, not because she line cut, but because she was acting like a entitled snob.
Businesses have the right to refuse service to anyone, and the fact she refused to leave after being asked to just further proves what kind of child she is. I feel more concerned with the 5 year old, who has too grow up this so called role-model

This would have happened anywhere if you just flat out refused to listen to the cops, the fact it happened at McDonald's is meaningless

This women got what she deserved,

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Kr0nZ

This would have happened anywhere

in US and A....you would NEVER get tased for such act in europe...maybe tehy would handcuff you but using the (extremly dangerous) taser....thats the good old american "i need a gun" mentality...

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrNotforhire
McDonalds only serves breakfast till 10:30...
Line cutting is the most INFURIATING thing to deal with and sometimes I wish I could tazer people who do it..

I actually think this is deserved...

but thats just me!

Hardees has the better breakfast imo, if you're looking for taste. I can taste the factory McDonald's food gets made in and when i burp i can taste McDonald's all day which is why i very rarely ever go there anymore.

The woman was being a bitch. You reap what you sew.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChipsOn the other hand, the woman who tazed her will surely be given the justice she deserves in the justice system hopefully.

Doubtful. The fact that the woman refused to move her car, and refused to cooperate with the officers once they arrived on the scene will go a long way to mitigating how much trouble the officer will be in, if any.

Not that I agree with their actions. Frankly I think 3 cops could have easily handled that woman without resorting to weapons. Especially if she were unarmed.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

So just because there's a kid present, this woman is supposed to be allowed to cut into line, get served, and drive away freely?

Female dog, please.

There's people waiting in line, and this woman has broken the friggin' law. Cops, do your duty.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kr0nZ
This was totaly justified, not because she line cut, but because she was acting like a entitled snob.
Businesses have the right to refuse service to anyone, and the fact she refused to leave after being asked to just further proves what kind of child she is. I feel more concerned with the 5 year old, who has too grow up this so called role-model

This would have happened anywhere if you just flat out refused to listen to the cops, the fact it happened at McDonald's is meaningless

This women got what she deserved,

Agree....as a previous restaurant owner, only had to call the law one time, for a self-entitled belligerent intoxicated as$hole.

The restaurant has the legal right to refuse service to anyone, she was, not only dissing the other customers she cut in front of, she was disrupting business. All because she what she wanted, over-rode the ethics of society, and rules of the business. She got what she *created*. It was *her* actions that lead to the logical outcome.

Des

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hessdalen
the headline alone gave me a huge laugh - i #ing love america ...
...the misuse of tasers seems to be your new thing...where is the good old batton? or how about just using human power (like every normal country in this world)

edit on 6-2-2012 by Hessdalen because: mindcontrol

If America doesn't count as normal, then every "normal" country in this world hits you with tear gas, then beats you bloody. If you're still twitching afterward, they shoot you and you end up in the papers.

That's when people on this forum decide to rave over how people are so brutal...then they get bored and post about police using moderate force in the correct manner, demonizing their procedures.

You get it from both ends on this site, AND in the world.

True facts.

edit on CMondayam505023f23America/Chicago06 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join