It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress Calls for Accelerated Use of Drones in U.S

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Not like they don't already fly UAV's in the states haha. I've seen plenty of the smaller ones flying around, even had one cross over the highway once on I-95 in VA. Though all of these sightings were near government or military instillation's. With that said, I'm not concerned one bit about expanded use of drones, up to MQ-9's and the like. I'm especially not one to believe they'll use ARMED drones against citizens within the states like some of you have brought up, makes me laugh actually.

Fear mongers gonna fear monger.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Is there information on whether the areas of the six test ranges has been estalished?

There are already military/alphabet agency UAVs/drones flying over areas of the US.

I recall an announcement from a police department in Texas:

(CONROE, Texas) -- A local police force north of Houston is about to become the first in Texas and one of the first in the nation to deploy an unmanned drone for police work, and this one could someday carry weapons.

www.examiner.com... houston/first-unmanned-police-drone-texas-set-to-launch-north-of-houston

You will notice it says, the Texas department is only "one" of the first in the nation to deploy drones. This of course implies the legal and legitmate use by police agencies, not as Orwellian spy machines for the alphabetters...

The legitimate use of UAVs and or drones by police agencies, e.g. the search for terrorist, drugs and illegal aliens would not be a problem.

Unfortunately anyone who read 1984 could certainly see how the use of these could be compromised by the alphabet agencies.

A map of the US with an overlay of the 'test ranges' could certainly disclose a lot about the intent of these bases.

edit on 7-2-2012 by OldCurmudgeon because: Add too...

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit
reply to post by jibeho

Fiction Becomes Fact ? The Birth of Skynet ? Once A.I. Technology outpaces Human Command and Control Systems , Theoretically Machines could Overide their initial Programming and become Rogues............Hmm.....

Thats the way its going....

scenario: A new computer game comes out with PS4's release.

Players MUST be logged online to play. Called "Drone Wars"....you pilot a primitive version of Skynets aerial drones. In the "game" as you take off, a REAL drone takes off from an aircraft carrier in the Persian Gulf.

Needles to say the real life link is never made public.

Your target is "terrorist", well according to the gamer, anyone that he chooses fit outside of his mission requirements as the gamer is in control.

Should the gamer turn the game off or disrupt it for whatever reason the drone goes automatically into a holding pattern until another "gamer" takes his place online and continues on with the mission.

All the while, the A.I systems withi the drone learn human behavior both those of the targets and those controlling the drones, mapping out for themselves and their Central Computers how Humans behave.

Far fetched...maybe, but not unrealistic at all. And could easily I beleive be put into place.

If the military built cheap disposable drones with weaponary it would be a gamers dream come true as it would be the military's also.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by grrrrt
Not like they don't already fly UAV's in the states haha. I've seen plenty of the smaller ones flying around, even had one cross over the highway once on I-95 in VA. Though all of these sightings were near government or military instillation's. With that said, I'm not concerned one bit about expanded use of drones, up to MQ-9's and the like. I'm especially not one to believe they'll use ARMED drones against citizens within the states like some of you have brought up, makes me laugh actually.

Fear mongers gonna fear monger.

Why the need to legislate when we have dedicated military airspace for training all over the united states? Why the sudden need to create 6 new test ranges for these aircraft? What happens when this test range program matures, and the aircraft then are deployed and integrated into our national airspace?

This is gateway legislation. Remember the Patriot Act that was renewed by Obama?

I certainly understand the strategic advantages of these aircraft in specific combat scenarios but they continue to evolve in size and scope of function which in turn leaves the door of possibilities wide open. Will they use them to spy on Americans that have been labeled as hostile or as those the FBI describes as Sovereign citizens. FBI just issued a warning about Sovereign Citizens.

All the ducks seem to be lining up in a row in a mad rush before the 2012 election.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Set up a grid of bases (in this case six) supplying constant over flights of a designated pattern, or deviate to any special site you need.. then rather than a drone returning to its place of origin, fly onto another base to be refueled, debriefed and retasked.
Significant improvement in coverage while utilizing few assets.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by deloprator20000\
Who or what are they looking at? Will these drones be armed?

FAA: Look For 30,000 Drones To Fill American Skies By The End Of The Decade

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
By 2020 30,000 do we rally need that? For what monitoring us? Well, of course and...

Ah, the drone market $$$.

According to some estimates, the commercial drone market in the United States could be worth hundreds of millions of dollars once the FAA clears their use.
The Washington Times

edit on 8-2-2012 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamingawake
By 2020 30,000 do we rally need that? For what monitoring us? Well, of course and...

and for real estate agents taking aerial shots of properties for sale

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join