It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need a new job!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Been doing retail for 14 years it's time for a change!i live in Australia have many skills that aren't on certificates,these include welding at beginners standard,basic knife making,cooking,hunting both bow and rifle,general outdoors type work ie fencing,general handyman type stuff. Just so sick of being abused by customers over really small issues! Seriously there must be more to life than this! Any suggestions would be very welcome as this is having an adverse effect on my family/marriage!!!!!

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by rascalking

Sell up, buy an area of land, become a bush campsite with a rough and ready feel where you and your family provide the homeley type atmosphere that you would get in a country bnb in the uk only with an outback based camping twist

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Or drugs mule... whatever

edit on 6-2-2012 by GonzoSinister because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
many many people want new jobs.

me too!

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
i dont like jobs
i dont want one at all

edit: except blowing ones

edit on 6-2-2012 by iSHRED because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
You want some advice from another in Australia?Friend keep the one you have for as long as you can! I was out of work for two years,trying to feed and house my family.Could not even get an interview.Got a job last October and was sacked on the phone yesterday.No explanation given.1 hour later my wife miscarried.You want to talk stress on the family? I only got to see my wife and children for 45 minutes a day.Nearly cost me my marriage.
This economic mess has not even started yet.
KEEP YOUR JOB.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

Sorry bout that mate! I'm just not built for this type of work!

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Me niether,my physical and mental health suffered immensely in this job.But I'd rather be there than where I am now.Think it through some more before you jump friend.That's all I'm saying.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   
People are so damn rude these days.. they just treat you like dirt. I'd like to be THEIR customer and show them the disrepect I get from them.. see how THEY like it.

Stick it out and keep looking high and low for something that takes your interest.. thats what I have been doing and something has just come along after a LONG wait. Patience is the key.

Hang in there mate.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by PrecogPsychicSensitive

Cheers mate! I know some people would kill for a job like mine but I'm just not that person! I have always felt that I have something more to offer.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Sounds like being an Outback guide would be a good line of work for you...I'd recommend checking into that. Maybe, in the meantime, at least try and meet some people in that line of work, get friendly with them, then see what happens as far as an offer at some point, all without quitting the day job....

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by RigZoomAlaska

Been looking! I think mining it is! It's the only job that can match/ exceed my current salary!

top topics

join