It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter is harder to resist than cigarettes and alcohol, study finds

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
At least margaritas taste good (the one or two I have a year). But generally all three are pointless to me, Twitter the most of all. It's banality at its finest. I don't understand how anyone can find pleasure in 140 characters or less.

/TOA

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I'm a smoker and i have a twitter account, although i tend to log in once every 2 months or so. to be honest though, you don't need to log into twitter to see what's happening, i tend to browse a few pages once a ay for news etc.

What's more addicting, 2 months for a twitter post or 2hours for a cigarrete?

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I was on Twitter for one full day... and frankly, it annoyed the hell out of me with useless crap I could care less about... so I pulled the plug and never missed it...

I like ATS because one can pick topics of interest and ignore all others...

If ATS ever began to send me crap like Twitter I would be forced to pull the plug here too...

Just my personal opinion regarding my likes and dislikes...

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles
reply to post by Forevever

no one asked me.....

I signed up for Twitter and never went back - haha I still get emails....
Actually, maybe they did ask you, but you just deleted it without reading it.
[color=CCFFE6]This study was probably conducted via Twitter.

haha brilliant as always BC, thats probably exactly what they did

I will say this (cause I thought about it after I posted last night) - I am addicted to my PC, not so much Twitter or FB or the other usual suspects - not nearly as addicted as I am to cigarettes though - when I was having problems and it was in the shop for 2 weeks getting fixed, I barely missed it - I just watched a lot of Netflix on the 360

on the other hand, the first time they kicked me off aol (back in 98), I called everyone I know and their mom tryin to get a credit card to relog back on - so I guess I must be in recovery!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join