It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China taxes the crap out of us!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Huge difference in tax rates.

The Chinese impose three major taxes on most imported products: a value-added tax of 17% on imported goods destined for domestic consumption, a variety of consumption taxes and also tariffs which vary by import category and are generally higher on manufactured goods. For example, there is a 45% tariff on motorcycle imports, which is particularly damaging for the US given that the US consistently enjoys a large trade surplus in motorcycles. Chinese value added tax and consumption taxes are typically waived for imported raw materials and inputs destined for goods to be exported.

From this site

From my research I found that we charge china 3% on imports with many loopholes. How can businesses in the US compete with that. It took a while to find anything that shows the numbers for the tax rate between the 2 countries. It seems like a huge difference or am I wrong?

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
We have had TRAITORS in office for far too long selling out our country!!!

The TRAITORS who are selling America out need to immediately become thoroughly punished. Just like MANY American families whom have suffered as a result of them selling this country out.

Public hangings sound appropriate. Our founding fathers would be FUMING!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
How can this be considered free trade when one side has such an obvious advantage? These types of policies are exactly why the West have been in economic decline since the early nineties. People expect the same standard of living, but having to do so through debt. American Manufacturing has been sold out! Canada isn't far behind.
edit on 3-2-2012 by Goldcurrent because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
even with extremly high taxes, we still only pay pennies on the dollar for these goods ....
complain complain

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by leawyoming

You have never shopped at my locale Walmart!

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jlafleur02

Yes, this is all true. This is why GM (owned by the Government mind you) is moving it's Volt manufacturing to China. China added a huge new tariff on "green" cars, they flat out said manufacture it here or lose your profit. GM, naturally, will move manufacturing to China.

Corporations profit by manufacturing in China, but the USA refuses to Tariff goods from China because it in turn damages the profit of our own corporations. Stupid yes. Occasionally the House votes unanimously to bring new Chinese tariffs (last time I believe was 2010) but they either never get implemented, or, more often as not, the US District Court system strikes the laws down as illegal through numerous loopholes (last major ruling was just 2 months ago)

The only time the Government gets pissy about Chinese tariffs is when their currency valuations are far lower than would be if traded on FOREX .. it severely damages the USA exporters. But we have never openly engaged China in a trade war like we did to Japan in the 1980's .. in Japan it was Japanese companies profiting. In China it's US companies profiting. But.. I think the US Government may now be seeing the damages of wealth flowing out of the country as fast as it is.. it's like an ATM spitting out dollar bills.. eventually it needs to be replenished, but their no point in replenishing a broken machine, is there?

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Every person who accepts welfare on any level, each gov check or food stamps, all of these pay into the fraudulent money system.

If you pay insurance with your gov check, pay a mortgage, shop other than local, make an energy payment for lights, put gas in your vehicle, buy tires for your bike, buy clothes or shoes, have a cell phone, internet service or telephone.

It is all part of the scam, there is no money only backroom covert deals made for power and control over people.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by leawyoming

These are EXPORTS from the USA. Do the math. We charge them 3%, they charge us 17-45% Pennies on the dollar on billions of dollars is a heck of a lot of money. Heck, I could pay my mortgage off.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Strange comments, the chinese goverment got you guys working overtime.
That said, it isn't fair , charge the same - I can pay an extra 20% if it means fair trade. Anyone know the cost difference between made in china and made in usa? and i dont care i will pay more and buy less. If thats what it takes. What do we really need? food shelter and the love of our family, can't make that in china
edit on 3-2-2012 by jlafleur02 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join