It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mblah's Chicken Parmesan with pasta

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
This is one of my favorites and it's popular at Olive Garden, although I'm personally not a fan of the OG. It's not Italian to me but their chicken parmesan is popular I decided to make this meal the other night. It's pretty quick and easy, it took me longer because I lack a full kitchen! The chicken I think next time though I will use my Fry Daddy instead of the stove top.

Mblah's Chicken Parmesan w/ Pasta

Ingredients
for the Chicken

1 lbs of chicken tenders, boneless/skinless (about 5 or 6)
1.5 cups bread crumbs
1 tbs Italian seasoning or use Italian bread crumbs

2 tbs flour
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 cup of milk
oil for frying chicken

Directions for chicken
Clean chicken and pat dry, set aside in a bowl
Mix bread crumbs, seasoning, flour and parmesan cheese in bowl. Set aside.

Now dip each piece of chicken in the milk then into parmesan/bread crumb mixture then back into the milk and then fry on medium/low heat til golden brown.

Ingredients
for the pasta/sauce

2-3 cups pasta (I used vegetable spiral pasta)
3 tbs butter
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 tbs crushed garlic
1/2 cup white wine
1/2 cup water
3 tablespoons flour
3/4 cup half and half
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon basil leaves
1 cup grated white cheese blend. I got the Italian blend at the store that has Asiago and Provolone in it

1/2 cup broccoli florets (steamed)
1/3 cup sliced mushrooms or canned ones

Directions for pasta/sauce
Cook pasta as you normally would.
In a small pan steam broccoli and mushrooms together.

In a medium sauce pan on medium heat, heat the butter and olive oil. Add flour and mix until blended, then immediately add the crushed garlic, salt, white wine and water. Whisk til blended, once blended add half and half and sour cream. Stir or whisk til the ingredients are blended. Once blended add shredded cheese blend and mix til smooth. Once smooth add basil and stir to blend, then serve over pasta with steamed broccoli florets and mushrooms.

Serve with chicken for a complete meal

edit on 2/3/2012 by mblahnikluver because: headline color

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Thanks for posting! That actually looks like a good plate of chicken!

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Now I'm hungry, thanks!

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
The pasta and chicken look yummy!

I have to comment on the dinnerware too though...that plate is awesome...pretty original...I have seen a lot of the square designed plates...but none like that one!

Anyway....looks good!

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerryznv
The pasta and chicken look yummy!

Thanks Jerry! It was pretty good. I have some left over that I will re-heat in the oven for lunch

I have to comment on the dinnerware too though...that plate is awesome...pretty original...I have seen a lot of the square designed plates...but none like that one!
Anyway....looks good!

Thanks a lot
Here is the actual set that I have
I have a huge love for France and the culture esp Paris and the Eiffel Tower lol Don't ask why, i've been like that since my childhood lol.

I like the plates but the lighting in my apt is so bad the color never comes out right and I have to edit it which sometimes makes it still look off so I'm glad someone likes the plates

I got some really cute ones from my mom that I want to start using because the colors photograph better.

This set that I got was really cheap. I got all of that for less than 50 bucks at TJ Maxx. I have broken one plate though
but it was the only one of it's shape and size so I wasn't too mad but still. I now have a step stool so no more climbing my walls, literally to get to top cabinets and counters lol. Im too short and my kitchen cabinets are for tall people
I also dropped a huge bottle of olive oil and that was not cool. Olive oil is a mess to clean up.

Thanks

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
*Easy next day reheat

Put the pasta and the sauce mixed with a 1/4 cup of milk in the bottom of small casserole dish. Top with chicken and cover with foil and bake til sauce bubbles and warmed thru. It was about 20mins for me on 400F on a gas stove.

Oops forgot to add, top chicken with broccoli/mushroom mix or you can mix it in with the pasta/sauce. Either way would be good!

edit on 2/3/2012 by mblahnikluver because: forgot end part

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Well if there likes in ats

you just gained a like

new topics

top topics

join