It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Warns Iran Not to Fight Back

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Couple of articles out today that seem to show the US has possibly made arrangements / agreement for Israel to possibly make the first move.

The US is basically saying that if Israel attacks, you should take the medicine and dont think of fighting back or we will have to destroy you. Think it depends on what Israel decide to launch at Irans facilities. They need heavy duty bombs for the bunkers that the USA have.

My personal feeling is that should Israel open fire to strike first it will open a huge can of worms throughout the whole middle east and beyond. It is just a matter fo time now before it kicks off.

Washington Post

Info Wars

edit on 3-2-2012 by D8ncer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
This sounds like the same kind of advise my mother always gave me. Of course, I never listened.

I figured if someone started a fight, they need to find out what happens when they mess with the wrong people.

I wont say I won all those fights, but I have never been sorry for what happened to the other guy.

I figure he ask for what he got.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by D8ncer

In any case any situation I feel the opinion, idea expressed in this video is true and best.
They may take me but it will be at a terrible price.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Hummm we are going to attack you but you better not defend yourself????

To take a bully out you first have to locate the weakness...In these times I big EMP would disable pretty much all navigation from GPS to radar etc...If the US or Israel can't see or fight with no technology what their chances of seeing a missile till it to late? I smell Vietnam all over again times a million. But like everything else we'll just have to wait and see.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I think its a given that if Israel does strike at Iran, then Iran will retaliate against them. And of course, Israel is fully aware of this fact. In fact I would believe they were counting on it.

Israel hits Iran. Iran retaliates and hits back at Israel. United States attacks Iran because of this.

I think the problem that both Israel and the United States forget, is that Iran is NOT Iraq. It will not be a "cake walk" in any sense of the word. And once again the only people who are going to lose in this scenario are the citizens of all three countries involved. And frankly I think at this point, our (the US) involvement in another war will possibly be the straw that breaks the camels back. The people of the US just won't stand for it.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I have seen on many of the posts how people are comparing Iran to Iraq, etc.

However they just launched there own satallite into space on friday. They are not as
backward as many would like to think.

Have a feeling in my water as they say. It aint going to be a cake walk.

Sat Launch

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Here we go again...

Sorry for the one liner, but there's not much more to say, really.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Finally, the day of reckoning is coming. All of the Islamists who are bent on death to everyone not like them are finally going to see what happens when you threaten your neighbors too much. This is what happened to proud Iraq under Saddam who defied the world and threatened everyone around him making everyone believe he had weapons of mass destruction. How much more will the world react to one that actually does.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
Finally, the day of reckoning is coming. All of the Islamists who are bent on death to everyone not like them are finally going to see what happens when you threaten your neighbors too much. This is what happened to proud Iraq under Saddam who defied the world and threatened everyone around him making everyone believe he had weapons of mass destruction. How much more will the world react to one that actually does.

I have to ask... are you serious? So you think we really went into Iraq to look for WMDs? Or was it perhaps that Sadam no longer wanted to do business in US dollars. There is more to every story than what you see on CNN.

And if i'm not mistaken, I don't see Iran calling on almost a daily basis for attacks against Israel. I could give countless reports over the last two months with talks of attacking Iran. So who is threatening who?

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by D8ncer
Couple of articles out today that seem to show the US has possibly made arrangements / agreement for Israel to possibly make the first move.

The US is basically saying that if Israel attacks, you should take the medicine and dont think of fighting back or we will have to destroy you. Think it depends on what Israel decide to launch at Irans facilities. They need heavy duty bombs for the bunkers that the USA have.

My personal feeling is that should Israel open fire to strike first it will open a huge can of worms throughout the whole middle east and beyond. It is just a matter fo time now before it kicks off.

Washington Post

Info Wars

edit on 3-2-2012 by D8ncer because: (no reason given)

I wouldn't worry too much. Israel doesn't have the scrote to retake their temple mount and rebuild their temple, they ain't going to start a war that would have 1.3 billion muslims baying for their blood. Muslims who the U.S. have been secretly and not-so-secretly arming with mordern tanks and fighter jets and other weapons funded by secret slush funds like the ESF.

From what i have seen the U.S. pays lip service and then arms Israel's enemies behind their backs, while arming Israel at the same time that it almost looks like some asshole way up at the top of the ladder wants everyone in the world to die in a religious war that this will turn into very rapidly. Oh sure it will start out over some rinky dink nuclear facility and it will end with alot of people shouting Allah'u'ahkbar and then Israel will disapear from the map.

Everyone needs to take a chill pill and take a step back and look verrrry closely at whats going on and trying to find out who the grand manipulator is because i can gurantee you, someone is manipulating this entire planet so he comes out on top.
edit on 3-2-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

link   
so basically they've just told Iran that the attacks going to come from Israel first and not to fight back, i can see there being some laughs in the Iranian military at the daftness of the statement which will allow the Iranians to better plan their defenses

link   
I read this and think: Why do they always have to be starting # ? And i dont mean just israel. I mean all of those lil countries right there. 1 of them always have to be stirring the pot. I agree with israel on this. Let them go alone. No interference. U.S. an Russia should put a big wall/ring around them, with missile shields around walls to keep away stray fire. And just let them have at it and be done with it once an for all. To the victors go the spoils. An personally i dont care who wins. Just that this immature behavior is over with.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by DerekJR321

I have to ask... are you serious? So you think we really went into Iraq to look for WMDs? Or was it perhaps that Sadam no longer wanted to do business in US dollars. There is more to every story than what you see on CNN.

And if i'm not mistaken, I don't see Iran calling on almost a daily basis for attacks against Israel. I could give countless reports over the last two months with talks of attacking Iran. So who is threatening who?

On the death to Israel chants done daily you need to listen a little better. About Iraq, it was their claim to the world. Bush went in using it as an excuse to settle a score for dear old Dad.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Think the United States is the only country interested in War Profiteering? I have to think not. a new Russia, ready to go. China all shiny and saddled up.Smaller countries wanting sub-contracts.

Places everybody the curtain comes up in xx days..........................fools (side spit)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by DerekJR321

As much as i would love to agree with you...i see too many posts on ATS from "Americans" that show me, if the US was involved in an attack on Iran...the vast majority of the "American" people would be all for it. There is nothing like "flexing the military muscle from Americans"...

I know this might sound stereotypical but i cant help get this picture when you see these comments daily...

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by D8ncer
I have seen on many of the posts how people are comparing Iran to Iraq, etc.

However they just launched there own satallite into space on friday. They are not as
backward as many would like to think.

Have a feeling in my water as they say. It aint going to be a cake walk.

Sat Launch

First, it's a 50 kg micorsatallite with a basic computer. Nothing spectacular about it what so ever. However, the actual act of launching a satellite is anther subject.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Bearack

They were also able to blind CIA spy satellites and take down a US drone...but the thing is that they do not have a sophisticated air defense network that could defend against an American attack. This is a major weakness of Iran.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

All of the Islamists who are bent on death to everyone not like them are finally going to see what happens when you threaten your neighbors too much.

You need to look at a map, you might not seem so silly then.
It is Iran surrounded on 3 sides who is being threatened.

This very OP is about them being THREATENED if they fight Back.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
reply to post by Bearack

They were also able to blind CIA spy satellites and take down a US drone...but the thing is that they do not have a sophisticated air defense network that could defend against an American attack. This is a major weakness of Iran.

While I agree with your posts, I have to disagree with their air defenses being weak.

Iran employes the S-300V anti-air system (under dispute if they "actually" have this, but I would say they probably do). They call their version the "Bavar-373" and it is supposed to have removed the flaws of the original S-300 (SA-10s). It is quite possible that Russia may also extend to Iran the new S-400 system. They also have systems from the SM-1 to the SA-22 systems. Their newest system, the Mersad (Shahin missiles), is supposed to have a range of 40km. Then of course their is their Anti-Air artillery, which consists of ZPU-4's to ZSU-57-2's. Now that covers their "fixed" anti-air. We all know that Iran is fully prepared to employ an area-denial method of battle if anything did actually occur. And that would bring into play their MPAD's, which consist of everything up to the SA-18.

Compare this to Iraq, which had old, antiquated systems. The first gulf war pretty much took care of all their air assets and their air defense systems. We pretty much walked in and took over. I would equate a war with Iran more along the lines of fighting Vietnam, vs fighting Iraq. Look what North Vietnam's air defense did to us during that war.

Now don't get me wrong. I truly believe we have the most powerful military in the world. However, I believe we are too stuck in "cold war" conventional warfare methods. War today is anything but conventional. And chances are strong that Iran would, if facing quick defeat would employ area-denial and anti-access methods using guerrilla tactics.

There was a war game held back in 2002 called "Operation Millennium Challenge". It was a mock exercise set to take place in the Persian Gulf. Long story short, Lt. Gen Paul Van Ripper, who played the red side (the rogue nation using guerrilla tactics) won. Easily. He employed tactics similar to the attack on the USS Cole and during the exercise managed to sink an aircraft carrier, two Marine helicopter carriers and several other craft. Overall 16 ships were sunk. The Pentagon's reaction was to pretend the results never happened.

Here is a link to more about the operation: Operation Millennium Challenge

I just aim to show that a war between Iran and the United States would not be so cut and dry as people seem to think it would be. Oh I certainly believe we would win over all (if such a thing is even possible). But it would be NOTHING like the war in Iraq.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by D8ncer

I would say by giving Iran the 200 or 300 bunker busters and the air tankers that we are using Israel to start a war with Iran. That's why we have 3 carriers currently stationed their and the new special forces command boat that will be going their.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join