It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Really and truly political madness, your better than this.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Social program abuse cases represent PENNIES compared to the billions of tax dollars spent on the military industrial complex, not to mention the taxes that the wealthy and corporations are NOT paying. We need welfare reform. That is clear. But you're complaining about a scratch, when the jugular is cut and bleeding.

I agree with you, military spending is out of control and it's only going up. The sad thing here is in order to cut spending we would need to stop policing the entire globe and internet but it doesn't look like that is going to happen because Americans, at least most of them want a hard nose stance on foreign policy. I say this because we all know Ron Paul wants to pull our troops back and cut military spending and people must see this as weakness as evidenced by his lack of support in recent states.
edit on 3-2-2012 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I'm still trying to figure out why Congress puts up with the TSA groping. Those folks must be brain dead to put up with all the pat downs when flying back and forth.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
reply to post by MrXYZ

yea just as they did with the unemployment rate the real numbers are 40 to50% higher than reported they say it is 8% more to 16% rate.

...and your proof of that is?

It makes perfect sense to use unemployment data, because guess what, people on welfare are generally unemployed.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

you have no clue how the sys works one does not reflect the Numbers of the other, you can still be employed and get food stamps like me, or you can be unemployed and not get food stamps, for your house hold income is more than what is allowed to receive help, or unemployed and get no help, homeless or their benefits have run out, they are the uncounted ones, there are more then you think.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join