It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afterlife: Can occult powers survive in hell?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
If a person who is not a satanist, ends up in hell do they take their occult powers with them? I just wondered if a person could and they were powerful enough, Hell may not present such a bad environment. Maybe such a person could beat or control demons etc... Just a thought. I am very interested in others guesses/views.
edit on 3-2-2012 by Gemwolf because: Removed all caps from title

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by s12345

No offense, but who would have the answer to this?

Your post falls into the "Huh?" category.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
in theory yes . wouldnt do them much good against many of the denizens of hell as they have millenia of experience .

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Can anyone please point out where "hell" is supposed to be?! (a googlemaps link would be fine)
Thank you.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
you could be beastmaster, slayer of the hell beasts.

star but no flag
edit on 2-2-2012 by Patchman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
It all depends on the school of thought you seek answers from.

Some Satanist denominations would probably argue that you do hold you otherwordly powers in Hell.

The Christian View (mine): Satan and his minions are the controlors of this world, and they can bestow supernatural power unto those who give themselves to him by possession or other means. However, this is only for a short time. There is no human heirarchy of power in hell, just as there is none in Heaven. Hell is strictly defined as eternal seperation from God, and theirfore love. Satan also can only influence the events of this life to keep you from salvation. There are no rewards for giving your life to the enemy, you certainly wont be given any special acolates or a place of honor in hell. There is no honor in hell.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
you have been watching to much Supernatural its a good show but its not real lol

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by s12345

Take all their money away then they'd be in hell

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by s12345
If a person who is not a satanist, ends up in hell do they take their occult powers with them? I just wondered if a person could and they were powerful enough, Hell may not present such a bad environment. Maybe such a person could beat or control demons etc... Just a thought. I am very interested in others guesses/views.

If hell existed, then most likely not, imo, since hell is supposedly place of eternal damnation and everyone is equal there and is placed there to suffer.
But no worries, hell is only a fiction made up to control masses
. It doesnt exist.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I'm not a bad guy, just thinking if there are ways to cover all bases.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
everbodies equal in hell, in the sense that they are burning and suffocating in sulfur. it's God's prison for evil.

there are no wardens, or prison guards, satan suffers just as equally as anybody else.

you will also be forgotten for all eternity. his fate is sealed, so if you're stupid enough to fall for his bullsh-t, then you only have yourself to blame.

because you can't derive power from him without knowing his existence. and if you know of his existence, then by default you can also deduce that God is real.

then you can further deduce that every word of the Bible is real.

even then if you still choose to follow satan, then it's your fault. by then you should have rejected satan completely and told him to f-ck off.

but as long as you breath air, you can always reject satan. God will always take you in.

that's why satan takes great pain to hide is existence.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by s12345

I've read Hell Testimonies wherein Witches and Satanist, who had the ability to shapeshift when they were alive on Earth suffered torment In Hell including constantly shapeshifting in agony.

Whatever sins they commited on Earth they repeat in Hell. I think that stuff goes on in the OuterDarkness part.

I think one or more shapeshifters suffering in Hell are mentioned in this book:

www.spiritlessons.com...

edit on 2-2-2012 by Pocky because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I've always wondered this. What do you gain by worshiping satan, aside from the worldy.? I wonder what King Solomon is doing in hell l0l

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
any answer to this can only be an imaginary answer because it is outside any of our's experience

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainNemo

Although only God knows for certain, I am fairly certain that King Solomon is not in hell. Yes, the man did have a fabeled harem of 400 woman and he did go against God in his legislation of Isreal. King Solomon was a sinner, just like everyone else (except Jesus.) However, King Soloman had a very repentant heart, as can be seen in the book of Proverbs and Ecclesiastes.

What do people gain from worshiping Satan? Well, many might be surprised that not everybody who follows Satan is a Satanists or belongs to the occult. Acording to scripture, if you don't walk with God you walk acording to the ways of your flesh, which is wordly and belongs to the carnality encouraged by the enemy. However, giving you life to satan in exchange for some sort of power (i.e. Robert Johnson playing guitar fable.) You only get your powers for the breath you have on this earth. if you cant see beyond that, it sounds like a pretty good deal.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainNemo
I've always wondered this. What do you gain by worshiping satan, aside from the worldy.? I wonder what King Solomon is doing in hell l0l

then surely moses is in hell. he had 3000 of his own people slaughtered. his neighbours and friends.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by s12345
CAN OCCULT POWERS SURVIVE IN HELL?

Get married and divorced.

Best test ever.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by s12345

To respond to Osiris also...

Those who experience the bigger picture reality, who work in those levels of awareness will Know. Everyone else can offer a guess or opinion based on Beliefs only.

There is no Bilical Hell.. it does not exist except for in the minds of Believers/Followers.

What does exist in lower 'astral' levels of awareness is an area known for many years now as The Belief Territories. And it is there you can find 'people' experiencing their own version of a hellish state, which are always based on the dead person's BELIEFS about their Value, their Faith.. all their beliefs about reality and themselves.

And so they create their own experience until they begin to wake up and understand whatthey are doing to themselves. Then a living human being can and will assist the deadie across into the Light.. which is also a real place in 'higher' levels of awareness.

The are no POWERS.

What there is, is something every person alive has sitting silently within them not being used for any purpose because they are all too busy chasing $$$, chasing Lifestyle, chasing Kudos, chasing everything else that prevents them from Knowing Themselves in a 'spiritual' sense.

Basically, we lost touch with as much about ourselves as we gained from our Material pursuits in life. You can have both, you don't need both.

The only thing you can Control is what You Do.

The most effective way to deal with anything 'negative' in the higher levels of awareness is by genuinely loving them as a "lost soul", which then begins their own healing back into a balanced state of being.

Be well.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
My belief is you are given a little taste of power and you want more so you give yourself more into it and you get more power and so on it goes. However once your soul is claimed and taken to hell you are under the power of satan and his menions and you find that they were in control the whole time they just allowed you to do the things that you did to keep you hooked. This is just my two cents.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Hmm.. intrigueing subject.
Let's say upfront that I am an Atheíst, but I am not above fantasizing and philosophizing about "what if's"

Say, for sake of the argument, the occult powers are gained through dilligent study and dedication, and no soul is given away as "payment". In that case,it might be possible that the powers are still there, if only to be able to find a way out.

When some satan-worshipper sold his soul for those powers (the instant-satisfaction variation.. there's a lesson there), the moment he/she enters Hell, the powers would be stripped, because the soul was the payment for the powers of the physical body, now rotting away in the ground. Adding to that the fact that Satan -as legends say- is not exactly an idiot. He wouldn't allow a powerful entity in his realm. He's about power, holding on to power at all costs, and according to legend and orthodox religion, Hell is partly built from gathered souls. The "Doomed" ARE Hell. Be it to themselves (paranormal view, where a person that has done grave evil, willeventually create his/her own Hell..seems plausable if there's life after death), be it to each other (the Sartre view)

Well..just musing my "what if's" because, frankly there is no Hell but the one we create ourselves.....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join