It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You Could Make Entire World American, Would You Do It?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
The premise is simple: you have got the power to turn the entire world into a U.S. colony. Would you do this, or rather not, given what is currently happening on the planet? Whatever comes to your mind is acceptable, let us focus on what could be, rather than what is. Your thoughts on this will reflect your inner mindset

edit on 2-2-2012 by survivaloftheslickest because: none

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
OK. I 'll go first.

Uh... Hell No!!!!!!

We have this country so screwed up why on Earth would I want to do that?

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Oh goodness NO! I'm American from the hair on my head to my toenails, but not this!

I love America...and we won't get into the leadership that goes with it....it wouldn't stay a good place for long without the contrast of other nations to compare our own to and to strive to match or excel beyond. No competition makes for medicrity, the way I think of things..and geeze..we already have that as the order of the day. I can't imagine the literal 'Hell on Earth' it might become if American senses of right and wrong, coupled with the attitude of divine providence and entitlement were all rolled up into one planetary mess that had no balance to keep things half way livable.

Now I really have something to hold onto and consider when I feel like the world can't get worse.
It can. This would be how.

S/F for a great line of thought to explore...and ultimately shudder from.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
No no, but hell no.

America has way to many distracted individuals that cannot even walk straight because they have their heads down texting something. We look like a bunch of lemmings at the moment.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I'd rather the whole world just be Human

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by survivaloftheslickest

At one time Britain ruled a third of Planet Earth. Then they suffered for it. So don't even go there.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Why do I have the feeling that this is going to be one big bash America thread? I hope that is not the agenda here.

And now to answer the question with a question of my own: Why would anyone want to make the world ANY one thing?
edit on 2-2-2012 by GeorgiaGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
probably the world supply of bacon would reach zero at which point everyone would blame everyone else for eating all the bacon and someone would just nuke us all sky high due to withdrawl

the problem for us non americans would be that waking up one morning and having to sing the national anthem before the opening of everything (even a box of cereal) would probably drive us mad and we'd be mad ex brits etc with the ability to buy guns it probably wouldn't work out very well in the queue for the bus on the way to work

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

No way in this world, I mean no disrespect in general but some small minded idiot will take offence without thinking first. America is imho the worst country in the world for controlling it's population with the press, no worse than keeping the people ignorant like in many middle eastern countries in the past. Except by printing lies that people lap up they 'feel informed'. Forcing kids to swear allegiance to a flag before they are old enough to form an opinion is ridiculous, or brainwashing. Let's not go into the DDT spreading and all that, do I want the world to be American ? Hell no. I want deny ignorance.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
If anyone tried to force me to be American, they would take a metal bar to the back of the head, I would take a bullet to my own head before becoming American.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
no! but i would maybe consider making the whole world Canadian

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Y would any non american want to be american... Unless your from a 3rd world country that is

link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
If anyone tried to force me to be American, they would take a metal bar to the back of the head, I would take a bullet to my own head before becoming American.

Americans got plenty of bullets for you mate.....

link   
NO!!!

Because most people here in CONUS (Continental USA) would then have to pay even bigger taxes to support their 'fellow Americans' on the other side of the planet who don't have a job etc etc. I'd wager that the 'middle class' would end up slaves to the state to support the majority of the third world.

So HELL NO.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

[COLOR=CYAN]
For the safety Americans receive globally when in less protected territories YES if globally shared and there were no more 3rd world warlord zones

For the healthcare Americans have if shared globally yes

For the somewhat freedoms Americans have with their women being treated somewhat = to men YES there is still work needed there though but I see some zones on Earth where females get no real love and the men take advantage of them

NOW DO I WANT AMERICANAZ TO PUT IT TO THE WHOLE WORLD IN A FORCEFUL WAY NO, BUT IT WOULD BE NICE IF I COULD SENSE ALL THE GLOBAL POPULATION HAS CLEAN WATER WELL FLUORIDE IS STILL A CONCERN AND GOOD MEDICATIONS EVERYWHERE AND FEMALES AND MALES EVERYWHERE TREATED = I DID SEE A FEMALE RUNNER UP IN THE AMERICANAZ YES* So there are good qualities Its just with any power when you on top of your game you will be hated.

If there was somehow a way to do this it would be wise to allow the ethnic standards to remain somewhat, those that advance the genetic progression of the Earth herd. Like free to worship as you want free to dress as you want GLOBAL CHILD SEX LAWS SO THOSE DARK ZONES THAT THINK THEIR NOT OBSERVED COULDN'T EXIST FOR A KID FROM ANY NATION FREE OR NOT TO BE SOLD FOR SEX OUT OF SIGHT SO THEY THINK.

I don't think wars should be the way maybe a global effort to somehow pick the overlords of the new sectors of old nations. YES Americanaz has issues but I would be happy knowing the 3rd world no longer existed and that my sis and bros of the world are getting meds for their families and good food ect.

NAMASTE*******
LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA

[/COLOR]

edit on 2/2/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxatoria
probably the world supply of bacon would reach zero at which point everyone would blame everyone else for eating all the bacon and someone would just nuke us all sky high due to withdrawl

HEY THERES TURKEY BEACON TOO!!!!

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Sorry, I have to shoot this thread down. Is like what if the Nazi won the war.....LOL What? So the Americans can tell everyone on earth that they should abandon their own cultures and governments and to become Americans. What is American that is distinctly American? Since we often talk about spirituality and enlightenment on this message board, what can we learn about these issues from the American history? Are there a particular point in the American history that highlights this supreme sense of spirituality and enlightenment?

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
The beauty and wonder of our planet is the variety of peoples, cultures and regions. Variety is the spice of life. America itself has become all the same from coast to coast (known as "Generica", because every town has the same stores, restaurants, and styles of housing).

I love this country, I am a first generation American, but to make the entire world the same? That is a depressing thought indeed! No thanks!

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

Originally posted by woogleuk

Americans got plenty of bullets for you mate.....
Hence who the hell would want an American world ? Ignorance and bullets hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm let me think> Thought didn't take too long. Not good, and we Brits can spell colour correctly

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
It seems only the negatives are considered can any consider the positives? The 3rd worlds need to go fast with their warlords who steal from the people and leave them starving and sick as they palace it up as 3rd world elite.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join