It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you become a "paid shill"?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
reply to post by boncho

are they in your division, or are they across the hall?

Across the hall...

I only see them on lunchbreaks.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Are you a shill ?, i mean i do not know you and i certainly do not take anyone's word over the net as concrete, so yeah you may be shill and are more or less voicing your opinion about the height of your salary. Do you see my point, since adding specific phrases does attract those robots ....

Ive
i have

been called a shill
been called a shill

if am, were is my money
if am, i want a raise

lolly dolly , see my point... "/" ...

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Originally posted by metalshredmetal
ask proudbird or aloysius the gual, the infamous chemtrail shills....or buddhasystem, the marko rodin/torus shill....or raivo, the wilcock/fulford shill...the list goes on...

I like all those posters you mentioned.

A shortlist of critical thinkers on the forum.

people who employ hypnoid [and very obnoxious] repetition,
and ridicule can not be considered critical thinkers.

that said, i've never considered you to be a shill, because of the above

hmmm, maybe....

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by metalshredmetal

all i said was that you should ask them about it

You didn't call them shills you say?

ask proudbird or aloysius the gual, the infamous chemtrail shills....or buddhasystem, the marko rodin/torus shill....or raivo, the wilcock/fulford shill...the list goes on...

Ohhh not paid shills.

There's a difference!

Ruh Roh! Time to air the dirty laundry!

shills like BuddhaSystem

www.abovetopsecret.com...

but i suspect you will not because you're only a shill

as for "ProudBird": your post history is exactly what i'd suspect from a dis-information shill. I've come across your shilly tactics before

wow, just starting toying with the "view post history" feature of ATS, already found a dis-info shill or two:

These are my favourites, but there's a whole lot more...

When I ATS searched "metalshredmetal shill" I got 3 pages worth!

We have a shill bot here it seems.

:shk:

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Chad i see you more and more defending the shills. You their teamleader or something?

See, i think most people read between the lines here and...

...pretty transparent you have an agenda, since going through someones post history like that must have taken awhile.. and just to prove a point that would be advantageous solely to the shills? They pay by the hour or what?

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

No I'm defending the critical thinkers who are getting a bum wrap.

There are no shills on ATS.

There are no disinfo agents on ATS.

They are the imaginative boogeyman of people who can't see past their own biased beliefs.

And despite the thousands of accusations, no one has ever shown a member to be a shill or a disinfo agent,

So, please, stop with the ad hom attacks, the name calling, the closed minded, weak, unimaginative argument against someone who thinks differently to what you believe.

(Not necessarily you)

edit on 2/2/12 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

haha, have a nice time looking through my post history?

I like how you made a neat compilation of the various posts i've made which research the post history of other members. most of the time the only reason I do that is because the member seems to display a suspicious agenda.

I think you'll find in those links and the posts which "call out" certain members' suspicious agendas, those posts are starred by other members, indicating that other people agree with my logic too.

in fact, if you account for all the stars people gave me on those 4 pages that you linked, I had about 45 stars altogether.

now i'll hastily admit that I've thrown around the word shill a bit much lately, and i'll curb that. It's only because as of circumstances lately, i've been challenging some of these members' agenda., and it's caused me to use direct language in order to clarify my opinion of their routines.

two examples off the top of my head, here's a couple "call outs" that you didn't list, which members agreed with me on:
post with 10 stars

another post with 11 stars

and what was that about a "shill bot"? if you were at all aware when perusing my ATS profile you would have discovered evidence for and surmised that I am factually a "lay person"...and quite far from a "shill bot", if that's what you're implying.

edit on 2/2/12 by metalshredmetal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
As I really have no dog in this fight I was hesitant to even post again, but I honestly have to ask metal and others 1 simple question. Do you really think the NSA, CIA, or any of the other "Alphabet agencies" really have that much of a care what someone posts on a site like this? I mean aside from making straight out threats against the government or threats of violence I doubt they even care what you or I think.

The whole idea that someone is out there going around discrediting posts on random forums for money is ludicrous. The irony of it all is that by thinking someone is trying to discredit something you are in essence stroking your own ego.

As hard as it is to imagine I can promise you that there is no one in the government that cares if you or anyone else on ATS might have figured something out. There are enough people who won't believe it even if it is true that they would never have to..

Of course this is just the two cents of a paid shill working for the government, so just go back to what you were doing now.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by metalshredmetal

Mate, those posts could have a thousand stars and it still wouldn't make what you said right.

There's no need for those things, and it isn't in the spirit of ATS.

Attack the post, not the poster as they say.

edit on 3/2/12 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Right I don't think there are any actual "shills" on here.... Mainly because anyone named as a one frequently would be dropped from any companies pay, mainly as if they are always called out there opinion would be ignored or overlooked by the general forum users, from a business sense an employee who cannot now carry out there duties is a needless expenditure.

So logic then states the people who come across less like Shills who use proper well rounded arguments with well though out information backing it would then be more likely to be in someone's pay

Furthermore I know every third member on here feels he or she is a super genius like a real life sherlock or somthing weeding out blatent non supporters of topics but if I was gonna be shill I would be much more likely to plant a seed of doubt in the odd post about a subject than argue a case to death over and over! That Would be first much more effective and a much smarter way of sowing seeds of doubt.

But hey what do I know

edit on 4-2-2012 by GonzoSinister because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
there was a thread about this way back. If you could find it the OP would be the one to ask

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I really doubt this is going on.

If it was, it'd seem it would be under the auspices of the CIA, specifically the FBIS (Foreign Broadcast Information Service).

However, as their function is more about monitoring communication, than planting it, I'd think it far more likely that they pay their folks to monitor key sites and media outlets of their assigned nation, vs. posting propaganda.

This was some years back, but then you needed a 4 year degree, and they preferred those with science, engineering, language, or other technical backgrounds (computers, obviously) - this was for any opening with the agency. Not too long ago, they had a pretty big radio advertising drive looking to hire for the CIA.

Chemtrail shills....really? Chemtrails are debunked by common sense. Who would poison EVERYONE, including their own family members. If chemtrails were real, they'd be affecting themselves as well as their loved ones (unless they all walk around in Hazmat suits or stay in bunkers). This ONE issue alone is enough to cry foul on that whole theory.

As for HAARP, if we had a device that could control weather, do you think we would have let Katrina happen? That cost taxpayers billions. Same with other weather disasters.

I wish I could be paid for stating the obvious,

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join