It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Upsetting our biology: They know what they're doing!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I recently stumbled upon a website of government documents that are no longer classified. Keyword searches have led me to quite a few reports that are startling to say the least.

The first document I came across was this one. I've bolded the important parts.
www.stormingmedia.us...~cycle~24

The Synchronization & Syntonization of Molecular (Biological) Clock Ensembles
Abstract:
The NASA/JPL Deep Space Network (DSN) operates four facilities on three continents 24 hours/day, everyday. The DSN Operations Control Center (NOCC), in Pasadena, California, continually monitors and reports the status and performance of all DSN spacecraft project operations. The author, as a DSN Operations Frequency & Timing Systems performance analyst-engineer, reviewing these Daily Status Reports, noted that equipment failure is not the only cause of discrepant performance. Operator errors are a major contributor. Discrepancies tend to occur more frequently on weekends and at local solar time off-hours (nights). Presented here are the result of the author's research into correlations between synchronization/desynchronization of human biological clocks and operator performance. All biological organisms contain clocks. These clocks control the health, behavior and life cycle of the organism. To perform this function, they must be synchronized. For earthbound bio-clocks the synchronizing agents are solar radiation (the cyclic day/night pattern) and tidal modulation of the local gravitational field. The bio-clock is synchronized by lunar/solar tidal forces to form a lunar clock-calendar system. The time-of-day clock controls behavior patterns (depression levels), sleep/wake pattern, body temperature, etc. The clock-calendar regulates life phases (e.g. infancy, childhood, adolescence, adult, menopause,, aging). Desynchronization can cause behavioral affects as minor as loss of concentration, or a serious as fits of deep depression. Desynchronization can be caused by: (1) A genetic defect; (2) The ingestion of mood modifying foods and chemicals; (3) Rapid travel across time zones; (4) Sensory deprivization (extended periods of darkness or extended periods without sleep). Desynchronization is an occupational hazard for DSN Spacecraft Tracking Net Operators, air traffic controllers, international flight crews, etc.

Desynchroization of the human biological clock. Is this the real reason why we have Daylight Savings Time? People's moods tend to swing downwards in winter anyways, then add the fact that they get home from their 9-5 job and it's already dark outside doesn't give them a pick-me-up. Is Daylight Savings a form of sensory deprivation? Let's also consider high stress work environments and the fact that many people have to work two or more jobs to keep afloat these days isn't helping sleep patterns.
Mood modifying foods and chemicals. You mean like Fluoride? Maybe the stuff that's in fast food and junk food? Could they possibly be talking about alcohol? Are they talking about the chemicals added to livestock that we ingest such as growth hormones and antibiotics?
Maybe all of the above combined?

Another thing to consider is that all of the above topics are also helping to keep Big Pharma pumping out antidepressants, other mood "stabilizing" drugs, and sleep aides.

Here's another report about how cancers develop when our biological clocks are disrupted:
www.stormingmedia.us...

Disruption of the Circadian Rhythms of Gene Expression and the Development of Breast Cancer
Abstract:
This project investigated the effects of rhythm disruption in mice on the expression of a wide range of genes in mammary tissue, the growth of MCF-7 xenografts and the growth, metastasis and gene expression in spontaneous mouse mammary tumors. Subjecting mice to a simulated shiftwork schedule altered the pattern and level of expression of clock gene transcription factors and genes that are involved in the cell cycle. We have also found that the formation of secondary lung tumors is enhanced by a simulated shiftwork protocol.

What are Circadian Rhythms?
www.webmd.com...

Circadian rhythm disorders are disruptions in a person's circadian rhythm -- a name given to the "internal body clock" that regulates the (approximately) 24-hour cycle of biological processes in animals and plants. The term circadian comes from Latin words that literally mean around the day. There are patterns of brain wave activity, hormone production, cell regeneration, and other biological activities linked to this 24-hour cycle.

The circadian "clock" in humans is located mainly in the suprachiasmatic nucleus (SCN), which is a group of cells located in the hypothalamus (a portion of the brain). Circadian rhythms are important in determining human sleeping patterns.

What Causes Circadian Rhythm Disorders?
Shift work
Pregnancy
Time zone changes
Medications
Changes in routine

When did Daylight Savings Time begin and why?
en.wikipedia.org...

During World War I, in an effort to conserve fuel, Germany began observing DST on May 1, 1916. As the war progressed, the rest of Europe adopted DST. The plan was not formally adopted in the United States until the Standard Time Act of March 19, 1918. It established both standard time zones and set summer DST to begin on March 31, 1918. The idea was unpopular, however, and Congress abolished DST after the war, overriding President Woodrow Wilson's veto.[citation needed] DST became a local option and was observed in some states until World War II, when President Franklin Roosevelt instituted year-round DST, called "War Time", on February 9, 1942. It lasted until the last Sunday in September 1945. The next year, many states and localities adopted summer DST.

Wait a minute. 1945. Isn't that the year they began adding Fluoride to our water?
en.wikipedia.org...

Its use began in 1945, following studies of children in a region where higher levels of fluoride occur naturally in the water

The evidence speaks for itself. They are manipulating our food, water, time, and stress levels to tweak our brains. 1945 was when it started full force.

Not that this matters (or does it?), I did a search for other historical events that happened in 1945 and HistoryOrb.com lists 666 events for that year. Just plain spooky.
See for yourself: www.historyorb.com...

I'd also like to mention that the President's decision to replace soldiers with unmanned drones may be directly linked to this information. Since it has been determined that we make more mistakes when our biological clocks become desynchronized, they may have come to the conclusion that we are now too far gone and are now too mistake prone. What's the solution to mistake prone humans? Replace them with machines of course!

There are many, many more documents, but I just wanted to get this out there as I continue searching for more documentary evidence. I encourage everyone to go to the site and do your own keyword searches for relavent documents. One interesting search I have done is on their research into 2012 and solar cycle 24, which they have been studying for some time now.

Thanks for reading.

edit on 2-2-2012 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Good thread. I thought it interesting that we are still operating on "War time":

President Franklin Roosevelt instituted year-round DST, called "War Time", on February 9, 1942

I would add add sugar, sodium, food colorings and msg to our time disruptive diets.

EM radiation from electronics may be yet one more factor stressing our systems.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Thank you and I agree with your assumption about the other chemicals.

All good keywords to plug into the website's search engine, too.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
"Creating a society that is more and more automated."

www.stormingmedia.us...

Moral Emotions for Robots
Abstract:
As robotics moves toward ubiquity in our society, there has been only passing concern for the consequences of this proliferation (Sharkey, 2008). Robotic systems are close to being pervasive, with applications involving human-robot relationships already in place or soon to occur, involving warfare, childcare, eldercare, and personal and potentially intimate relationships. Without sounding alarmist, it is important to understand the nature and consequences of this new technology on human-robot relationships. To ensure societal expectations are met, this requires an interdisciplinary scientific endeavor to model and incorporate ethical behavior into these intelligent artifacts from the onset, not as a post hoc activity. We must not lose sight of the fundamental rights human beings possess as we create a society that is more and more automated. One of the components of such moral behavior, we firmly believe, involves the use of moral emotions. Haidt (2003) enumerates a set of moral emotions, divided into four major classes: Other-condemning (Contempt, Anger, Disgust); Self-conscious (Shame, Embarrassment, Guilt); Other-Suffering (Compassion); Other-Praising (Gratitude, Elevation). Allen et al (2006) assert that in order for an autonomous agent to be truly ethical, emotions may be required at some level: ?While the Stoic view of ethics sees emotions as irrelevant and dangerous to making ethically correct decisions, the more recent literature on emotional intelligence suggests that emotional input is essential to rational behavior?. These emotions guide our intuitions in determining ethical judgments, although this is not universally agreed upon (Hauser, 2006). From a neuroscientific perspective, Gazzaniga (2005) states: "Abstract moral reasoning, brain imaging is showing us, uses many brain systems", where he identifies the locus of moral emotions as being located in the brainstem and limbic system.

Humans can't actually be replaced, can we?

At least simulated humans would not be affected by the chemicals we're ingesting. They wouldn't be sleep deprived or suffer from depression and they don't have a biological clock that could be triggered by the environment. That is unless they were programmed to act depressed in certain situations.

Looks like we're going to see the rise of HAL very soon.
After all, machines are not nearly as mistake prone as humans.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
When microwave ovens first came out, I said, and was heartily laughed at by friends and family, that someday, SOME DAY, it'll be proven that microwaving food and liquids is NOT good for us.

Read somewhere that if you boil a cup of water in a microwave, let it cool down, then water a plant with it, the plant will not live.................!!

If that's not enough to make you stop microwaving stuff, I don't know what else you need to know.

By the way, I never got one....and I still get amazed looks when I say that....instead I have one of those round glass-dished convection/radiant heat ovens........a great thing to have!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by BG43214

Thanks for that info. I'll have to try the plant experiment. I do have a microwave, but I seldom use it for reasons I'm sure you're aware of.

Speaking of plants, as I was doing some more digging, I found this info that links what I was mentioning in the Op about the biological clock and how Fluoride may play a part:
www.stormingmedia.us...~clock

David S. Brooks graduate from Eastern Texas Baptist College (B.A. Biology) and received an M.S. in Plant Pathology from Texas A&M.....'The Sympathetic nervous system and the pineal gland: important components of the rat circadian systems '

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Excellent reading, i caught this in the new topics section and kept it in an open tab to read later, im glad i did...this is fascinating stuff
can you follow up with more information you have stumbled upon? i would love to know what else there is. The bio clock thing does make sense really as someone who has screwed up my own i know that the effects are devestating on health etc

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Detrucci

I'm so glad you enjoyed the thread!

can you follow up with more information you have stumbled upon?

Don't worry. I'm working on it.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Considering that we have just sprung forward, I thought I'd give this thread a little bump.
I wish this were the last time we ever had to change the clocks again, but that would interrupt the programming, right?

To those who have voiced their interest about seeing more info about this topic, don't worry. I haven't abandoned this thread. I've just placed it on the back burner. I hope to add more info as soon as I can. Although I encourage anyone to add info they feel is pertinent to this agenda.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   
I think pervasive RF also detracts from the body's ability to properly regulate itself.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
What's the solution to mistake prone humans? Replace them with machines of course!

top topics

join