It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it me or are people just really bad at driving...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Bad driving is rife here in the UK
Roundabouts - people just ignore lanes completely and go almost straight across.
Motorways - drivers hogging the middle lane when the inside lane is free for at least a mile.
Tailgating - sat so close to your bumper if you had to slam on the brakes it is utterly impossible for them to not plough into the back of your vehicle.
Mobile phones - so many people still use them while driving despite it being illegal!!

Someone drove straight in front of me the other day on a roundabout, and as I beeped him whilst swerving to avoid driving into his door, he gave me the finger.
That is the most infuriating thing - drivers who are 100% in the wrong reacting like theyre the ones who have been wronged, police in this country would do well to focus less on just simple "speeding" and more on reckless and dangerous driving - yo don't have to be going fast to cause an incident

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by facchino

Maybe I'm wrong about it being that the license test is too easy, because I know it's a lot harder in the UK than in the US? I've done it in both countries, I still have my international license. In the US you just drive around the block and parallel park. I didn't even see other traffic, or have to stop at a cross-walk, or demonstrate I knew any of the rules of the road, other than stop at red. It's simply a test to see if you can operate a car, not actually drive one safely on busy city streets. It's nuts.

The whole world is nuts lol! Everyone seems to think what they're doing is more important than everyone else. There is no humility anymore.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by facchino
Bad driving is rife here in the UK
Roundabouts - people just ignore lanes completely and go almost straight across.
Motorways - drivers hogging the middle lane when the inside lane is free for at least a mile.
Tailgating - sat so close to your bumper if you had to slam on the brakes it is utterly impossible for them to not plough into the back of your vehicle.
Mobile phones - so many people still use them while driving despite it being illegal!!

Someone drove straight in front of me the other day on a roundabout, and as I beeped him whilst swerving to avoid driving into his door, he gave me the finger.
That is the most infuriating thing - drivers who are 100% in the wrong reacting like theyre the ones who have been wronged, police in this country would do well to focus less on just simple "speeding" and more on reckless and dangerous driving - yo don't have to be going fast to cause an incident

Man your talking about every day of my life, at least Im not alone.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
reply to post by facchino

The whole world is nuts lol! Everyone seems to think what they're doing is more important than everyone else. There is no humility anymore.

You are right, and you only have to look at internet forums/comments sections to see how people have become more self absorbed and really don't even see other human beings anymore. If someone doesn't agree with them then there is personal attacks and threats. When driving now people act as though they can do what they like without consequence. I am personally terrified of getting points on my licence, but people don't seem bothered about it anymore. We seem to live in a world where there are no consequences for your actions.

If I wasn't constantly assuming that someone on the road around me was going to do something stupid then I'm quite certain I would be dead or severely mangled by now. Driving has gone from something I used to enjoy, to something that stresses me out no end.

Four years ago I was coming around a small-ish roundabout intending to go off at the third exit, I was indicating that I was going right, and as I was approaching the last exit before the one I was exiting, a car came speeding towards the junction, didn't slow at all (I was right in front of it by this point - watching it not stop) and ploughed right into the side of me. When I asked the middle aged female driver if she had seen me she said no. There was no way she couldn't have seen me had she been looking at the roundabout - I had a bright red car, and it was still light. I realised later that she must've just been so used to coming to that roundabout and not having to stop for anything that she had not even bothered to look.

My car was written off then

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join