It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CBS plans announcement at noon.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by cubiehole
I don't know why it's taking CBS so long to reveal the truth that will back up that these documents are valid.

Stay tuned for important announcement.....

Why not watch another of our fine progams while you are waiting and please patronize our advertizers.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by smokenmirrors
I just wanted to add this technical link to this thread.

www.flounder.com...

Somebody lied.
Somebody is in trouble.
If a DNC person, or an individual affiliated with the Kerry campaign is involved.........oh jeez, what crimes will have been committed?

End of Rather?
End of Kerry?

Don't those Democratic scum know only Republicans can spew lies to the country!

SMR

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   
CNN is debating this right now.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 04:03 PM
link   
It is now 5:02pm anyone have anything yet. I do not have a TV here in my store so I am depending on all you ATSers out there to update me.

Thanks

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   
No, nothing yet. But I'm disgusted with myself anyway as I flip back and forth franticly between CNN, FOX and MSNBC to see what CBS says. :shk:

I don't even know what channel CBS is on my cable system.

This is approaching all time "news" low.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 04:29 PM
link   
This confuses me...

As a journalist when you fudge something you quietly cover it up and let it drop out of sight, but CBS have been adding more fuel to the fire every second day and now they're setting up a grandstanding PR event that they keep pushing back.

It's all very confusing.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I wonder what Bob really thinks about this CBS mess:

CBS News' Bob Schieffer said Tuesday he hopes the network does more reporting to definitively prove the authenticity of memos 60 Minutes II received about President Bush's service in the Air National Guard.

"I think we have to find some way to show our viewers they are not forgeries,'' Schieffer, CBS' chief Washington correspondent and host of the network's "Face the Nation,'' said at a news conference in Sioux City. "I don't know how we're going to do that without violating the confidentiality of sources.''

Bob Schieffer article

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
This confuses me...

As a journalist when you fudge something you quietly cover it up and let it drop out of sight, but CBS have been adding more fuel to the fire every second day and now they're setting up a grandstanding PR event that they keep pushing back.

It's all very confusing.

My sig is the only way I could logically explain what the hell CBS is doing

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
This confuses me...

It's all very confusing.

It's about to get better, GOP lawmakers calling for Senate investigation of CBS.
Just saw this breaking on CNN.

The fourth estate is about to be put on trial. And we never even saw it coming.
The necons must be wetting themselves with glee (assuming this wasn't the plan all along).

Beginning o the end, people.

[edit on 15-9-2004 by RANT]

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I did see one report that explains the delay of the conference. It said everyone at CBS is running around like a bunch of chickens with their heads cut off.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT

It's about to get better, GOP lawmakers calling for Senate investigation of CBS.
Just saw this breaking on CNN.

The fourth estate is about to be put on trial. And we never even saw it coming.
The necons must be wetting themselves with glee (assuming this wasn't the plan all along).

Beginning o the end, people.

Political affiliation aside, if a major news organization ended up accusing the President (ANY President) of crimes he did not commit, wouldn't it seem logical that there be some sort of investigation to determine whether they actually lied, or are just poor journalists? Or is everything Republicans do evil and nefarious by default?

[edit on 9-15-2004 by Esoterica]

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   
[sarcasm] an announcment today, wow, how crazy. Imagine, an unspecified announcement. this truly is an exciting time [/sarcasm]

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Sooooooo,

it's 5:47PM est

Anything happen YET?!?!?

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Yeah.....you got the information that CBS was making an announcement from Drudge didn't you? That's not always the most reliable source...

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flinx
Yeah.....you got the information that CBS was making an announcement from Drudge didn't you? That's not always the most reliable source...

I've seen the announcement on MSNBC AND FOX.....I don't read drudge...

so
yourself

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoterica
Or is everything Republicans do evil and nefarious by default?

By default? I'm not big on debating the Nature versus Nurture explanations for why Republicans do what they do... which in this case is signaling blatant government intrusion on not only a free press, but theoreticaly a free market press they are supposed to support when they say things like pull funding for broadcast and NPR...get government out of the press!!!

...hypocritical [sanitized for your protection].

But in this case CBS's ratings sufferring apparently isn't enough and the concept of "you decide" must be remedied by government correction. No we might just need to spend some tax dollars, call a committee and make big conservative government teach that nasty ol' free press a lesson or two.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Senate investigation of CBS = Bad move.

The media can smell a shark a mile off and they know that if CBS falls then they might go next.

They're going to turn the media against them if they conduct an investigation.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   

By default? I'm not big on debating the Nature versus Nurture explanations for why Republicans do what they do...

Yep, that's what I figured. Glad to see ignorance is well denied, and replaced with your own fresh-smelling brand

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I guess not expert or non expert for that matter wants to take responsibility the authenticity of those paper, so common perhaps they are doing (DNA) to see if they have blood on them............

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoterica
Or is everything Republicans do evil and nefarious by default?

By default? I'm not big on debating the Nature versus Nurture explanations for why Republicans do what they do... which in this case is signaling blatant government intrusion on not only a free press, but theoreticaly a free market press they are supposed to support when they say things like pull funding for broadcast and NPR...get government out of the press!!!

...hypocritical [sanitized for your protection].

But in this case CBS's ratings sufferring apparently isn't enough and the concept of "you decide" must be remedied by government correction. No we might just need to spend some tax dollars, call a committee and make big conservative government teach that nasty ol' free press a lesson or two.

Oh, moe on now...any party would do the same thing, situations reversed.
To say other wise is "hypocritical." I thought the topic was about CBS planning an announcement. We all know that each party will do what it can to discredit the other partys, and it would almost be negligent for them not to, if they really believe they hold the moral highground. So why do we bicker, when we know they expect it of us.

Just another example of them succesfully keeping our view pointed 180 away from the issues that matter. I wouldnt be surprised if both parties were in on it, just to keep us from looking at the real issues, where they both get a big, fat F.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join