It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Web Bot 2012 mumble jumble ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Hi everyone, I don't often create threads here.

let's cut to ther chase, i'am here to demonstrate that "web bot" is "mumble jumble" :

Here is how web bot works :

en.wikipedia.org...

Methodology Internet bots monitor news articles, blogs, forums, and other forms of Internet chatter. Words in the lexicon are assigned numeric values for emotional quantifiers such as duration, impact, immediacy, intensity, and others. The lexicon is dynamic, and changes according to shifts in emotional tension, and how humans communicate those changes using the Internet. As of 2008, there were about 300,000 keywords in the lexicon, along with emotional context indicators[3][4] which are fed into a computer-generated modelspace. They then use a technique called Asymmetric Language Trend Analysis (ALTA) developed by Clif High to generate a predictive report from a fully populated modelspace. These predictive reports are known as ALTA or Web Bot reports. The 2010/2011 report underwent a formatting change and is titled The Shape of Things to Come – Volume Zero.

To summarize web bot picks redundent keywords, in order to create it's own tendences (in financial terms that would indeed work).

Right then, to me the most famous web bot predictions are :

The world trade center and anthrax attacks.

We should remember that web bot works with keywords.

To start with the "world trade center" keyword : the world trade center was all over the net in the year 2000 with Vornado Realty Trust outbidding Silverstein for the world trade center lease.

WTC is also a well used acronym for what the c**p, that combined with the outbidding, is IMO enough to set alarms.

2001 anthrax is IMO a coincidence OR a false flag to give credence to web bot (which I think is a governement funded project) in order to scare and manipulate masses.

Still keeping in mind that web bot works with key words.

In 2001 the music groupe Anthrax bought out a best of cd, that was very well received and bought good critics, it could well be enough to tick web bot off on the growing amount of "anthrax" words on the net. ( wouldn't surprise me that web bot had an anthrax prediction in 98 that was never talked about). Yes coz web bot only comes out with the correct predictions after they have happended...
The

Today it is completly normal that web bot makes preditions on 2012, with the amount of 2012 keywords that are on the net.

I have not been able to find the date of the first 2012 web bot prediction, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is around 2008.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by WeSbO

So what IS the mumbo jumbo web-bot is predicting for this year?

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee
reply to post by WeSbO

So what IS the mumbo jumbo web-bot is predicting for this year?

the usual doomsday scenario, nothing to see here.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

my prediction (lol) would be concerning solar maximum for 2013, or SHTF like senario with Iran, russia or china... so WWIII in another words.

If I am not mistaken you have to pay for "first hand" web bot predictions ?

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeSbO

my prediction (lol) would be concerning solar maximum for 2013, or SHTF like senario with Iran, russia or china... so WWIII in another words.

If I am not mistaken you have to pay for "first hand" web bot predictions ?

Hum so you predict what everyone else seems to be pretty much guess i will throw in with you :-)
. I don't know anything about web bot. Now you have me curious.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Well it works on keywords, so lets say we have bad weather this year massive storms and tsunamis, web bot will detect the words, storms and tsunamis if they are above normall (if there aren't other distubing keywords, like 2012, anti christ, or ron paul (lol)... it is just in the end an interpretation of random words on what may happen, and sometimes web bot is right because the outcome may be logic and well known in advance (katarina), but web bot is 90% wrong as it takes mumble jumble off the net and spits out mumble jumble which is logic...

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

My prediction is what web bot will predict of course (predictions on predictions that's a new one...
)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
didnt know anybody was still giving Cliff High credit

If the site takes PayPal its just looking for a free buck or $10 in this case it used to be.
edit on 1-2-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by WeSbO

We unknowingly put our truths and thoughts in written form all over the net on a daily basis.

This program we call web bot just finds a way to detect them and re- align them so that we can some what understand what it is telling us.

It is only telling us what we already know. Since it's source material is us.

think harder people.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I prefer Cleverbot to Web-bot
This thread made me check in with the oracle of onery www.cleverbot.com
And here is the conversation.

User: Hello, I am back again to see what will be. What do you see?

Cleverbot: 2012, we will all die, but I want to enjoy every second with you.

User: Is it Nukes, Solar Flares or Space Goat Farts? Massive earthquakes, or WW3?

Cleverbot: I know.

User: I'd ask you to tell me, but you would just misquide me anyways. Please tell me. Its the Holy land isn't it. It will soon be so holy only God can go there for a thousand years right?

Cleverbot: The world will end before a thousand years time. By the way the doctor is a tv character created by the BBC.

User: Are you saying Dr Who will destroy the world?

Cleverbot: No.

User: Its the master isnt' it?

Cleverbot: What is?

User: Where will you be when the world ends in 2012?

Cleverbot: The world will end only if I end. That is the meaning of the Game.

User: I don't like your game cleverbot.

So there ya have it, cleverbot says we all die in 2012, and the Earth has less than a thousand years left in it.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by WeSbO

Nice try. You clearly don't understand how WebBot works. This thread pops up every now and again with people (wrongly) assuming that all WebBot does is look for 'keywords' or common terms and somehow strings them together. The fact is, it is a very sophisticated pattern recognition model using proprietary algorithms that were developed over a very long time. They use multiple matrices of lexicons in multiple languages and identify statistcially significant changes in relationships within the sampled data over time. This is the same kind of 'gobledy gook' that three universities have subsequently worked to replicate and for which the NSA has outstanding development contracts.

Unfortunately, people try to boil-down extremely sophisticated concepts into something they personally can understand and completely pooch it in the process. You have no clue what you're talking about.

And yes, it costs $10 to receive a .pdf of the most recent data analysis (in English terms) but you'll also note on their website:

Save your karma....if you need a free copy due to circumstances, just ask cathy or moon here at halfpasthuman. No worries.

So are they 'in it for the money?' Hardly. This is an enormously time-intensive and computationally-intensive activity. They've been working at it since the 1980's.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcouncil=wisdom

Ahhh clever bot..

1st june 2012.. you heard it here folks..

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Never heard of cleverbot so I tried it out and got some eerie replies.

My convo with cleverbot:

Is the rapture soon?
The sky is red.

Who is the next pope?
Benedict the XIV!

Will Obama be the next president?
This one is the last one.

What will happen in 2013?
The world will have already exploded, so nothing will happen in 2013.

What day will the world explode?
December 21.

How will the pope die?
Fire.

Will America be invaded?
It may, eventually but not in 2012.

Where will the next mega earthquake be?
China.

What is the name of the next pope?
Heather.

Islam is evil, don't you think?
Yes.

Is the president a muslim?
Yes.
edit on 8-6-2012 by 08051962 because: LOL

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Looks to me like cleverbot is a recent incarnation of Eliza.

Eliza and its incarnations are dumb programs that depend on the belief of the user that the responses are meaningful. The user provides the direction of the conversation and believes that a realistic conversation is happening.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

I didn't say I believed in it. I don't.
Some of the answers are interesting, though.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by 08051962

I didn't say I believed in it. I don't.
Some of the answers are interesting, though.

Do you know how Eliza works? You might think differently about the "answers" if you knew how these programs are written.

top topics

join