It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plants Blooming Early From Unseasonably Warm Weather

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by havok
We have all noticed a different temperature fluctuation than previous years.
But the only thing we can do is ride it out, because we can't control it.

So why worry?

Or MAYBE, we CAN control it. Someone posted info, on another post, regarding geo-engineering and the ability to cause droughts; which made me think about the TYPE of spraying i've seen, everyday, since Christmas. This month has been VERY warm. Warm enough for me to go outside and do my yard work; that i usually don't do, until April. And yeah, i also noticed my trees budding.

Why worry? Think agriculture and not enough food to eat. We're only 1 month into winter...and 2 more to go. If trees start yielding it's fruit now....and it snows...that would be a bad, BAD thing. The ENTIRE food chain would be messed up. And YES that includes...ours.

Maybe this is that SHTF scenario. Wouldn't THAT be a trip???

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Another East Tennessean chiming in here. Spring has hit our area in full force it seems.. As I type this all I hear are frogs croaking, last night I almost stepped on a bull frog, yesterday my two cats were playing with a pair of leopard frogs... we had to rescue the cute lil things from the kitties before they were eaten.. Two days ago one of my cats brought me a Blue Bird. Normally we don't see those for several more weeks. The Robins are also back aerating my lawn eating up earth worms by the dozens. The Canadian Geese never left our area this year either, we have been enjoying their honking as they fly over head all winter. Oh and the squirrels, they never went into hibernation, we have been feeding them dried corn since December 1st we we noticed they were starting to look scrawny. It has definitely been a strange and very mild winter for us. Plenty of rain and sunshine and only a few mornings with frost and only 2 days of flurries
AND the fleas are already horrible! I am truly not looking forward to the real spring or summer months at this rate.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by PhantomLimb

Yea I don't doubt that maybe I am more "Alert" then usual, I mean with the whole seasons being off it is making me more alert? yea It probably is completely natural, it was just so odd that I noticed. I haven't really been interested at all in checking to see the positions after that so apparently, it wasn't that much different lol. I haven't even been up in time to catch the sun rise. On another note, it has been somewhat cold the past few days. This is just annoying with the temperature, hot, cold, hot, cold, hot, cold,...it's like the Earth is having hot flashes.
edit on 2/10/2012 by ISis12RA12ELohim because: To add about current weather.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

See you just confirmed LOL, And what is with this elusive bird that no one can see?! lol, I even asked my neighbor and she has no clue, she has never seen the bird either LOL. And I'll be damned,I stood outside not too long ago when the bird was who whooing to see if I could track the sound back to the bird, NOPE! grr lol,. Well, I agree this is NOT a winter bird, so hearing it during the winter is just so weird. I too LOVE the sound of that bird, my roommate doesn't like it much LOL he says it's just annoying because it interrupts his sleep (guys haha) but I LOVE that bird, the sound is so comforting that I sleep better in spring then I do in winter only because of that bird! That bird really is therapeutic, anyways back on topic, I heard I think either a red robin or another red bird I know that I only hear in spring too. As for frogs I haven't ever heard frogs here cause there is no watery places around, I'll be moving soon, hopefully in MN they can be heard, I love the sound of frogs too! just don't like to be touched by them lol.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
It has been a very mild winter here in Virginia. Warm temps are just part of the strange weather around here. Back in December on the shortest day of the year, 22nd, everyone at our firm was discussing how light it was outside before we left work. It had been darker in the months prior and here it was the shortest day of the year and it should be dark, and instead there was light outside. The sun had not yet set.
Everyday we started to take note of how light it was when we left. It was more like Spring hours of sunlight instead of Winter. There is certainly something off with the seasons and weather, so much so that even the biggest skeptics I work with are convinced something is amiss.

I tried to do some research to see if there was any news on this phenomenon but turned up very little.

There are even fish in the bay that are normally found for offshore trips, and even then not typically in winter.

Has anyone else noticed something similar for the sunrise/sunset times this winter?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join