It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assanges last stand

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Assanges last stand

www.aftonbladet.se

Julian Assange has for over 421 days been struggling to avoid being handed over to Sweden. Today began the final struggle. 11.30, he met the Supreme Court in London. Julian Assange, 40, founder of Wikileaks, is since November 2010 arrested in absentia on suspicion of rape and sexual assault against two Swedish women.
The crimes allegedly committed when Assange visited Sweden in August of that year.(Source in swedish, translated with google chrome)
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 1-2-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Sorry could not find this article in other language so i have used google chrome to translate.

It seems The final battle has started for Julian Assange, as he is currently in the supreme court fighting this extradition battle to sweden. This time, there are 7 judges instead of the usual 5 due to the gravity of the case, it seems.

Further info can be gotten on the below link from yesterday, althugh not as current as the source, it is in english.

www.guardian.co.uk...

Additional source, more current: www.dailytelegraph.com.au...

THE latest stage of WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange's battle against extradition to Sweden will begin today. Mr Assange's two-day hearing at England's Supreme Court gets underway today, in the latest stage of his lengthy fight to avoid extradition to face rape allegations. If the court rejects his case, the 40-year-old Australian will have exhausted all his options in Britain but could still make a last-ditch appeal to the European Court of Human Rights, prosecutors have said. The Supreme Court, England's highest, granted Mr Assange permission to appeal in December. It said his case raised an issue of "great public importance", namely whether Sweden's state prosecutor had the right to sign the European arrest warrant under which he was held. The case will be considered by seven judges, rather than the usual five.

RT Coverage from today.

(Scrambling for more links)

www.aftonbladet.se
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I hope they find in his favour as the whole story smells a bit fishy. Sweden will probably send him to America.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Here is hoping Assange can play this out for another 11 months or so. If he can deal with this after the nation has managed to purge itself of Obama and the rest of this crowd, then he might get it dealt with and put behind him. I fear Obama and Hillary have such a hard core personal grudge for what the State Dept Cable leaks did, if nothing else, he's in for a nightmare if his feet touch U.S. soil between now and November.

He's too high profile to have anything tragic happen...but ask Ramos and Compean (the border patrol agents Bush put in prison for shooting a dope smuggler) how hard life can get SHORT of being killed.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Reply to post by FawnyKate

isnt that how he got into this mess??

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
This case is not his last stand. As some are speculating.

If the ruling goes against Assange, he can still apply to the European Court of Justice if the Supreme Court in the UK rules against him.

So it is not the last we have heard of this case that is for sure.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk
If the ruling goes against Assange, he can still apply to the European Court of Justice if the Supreme Court in the UK rules against him.

The issue the Supreme Court is tackling is...

Whether a European Arrest Warrant (“EAW”) issued by a public prosecutor is a valid Part 1 EAW issued by a “judicial authority” for the purpose and within the meaning of sections 2 and 66 of the Extradition Act 2003.

Source = www.supremecourt.gov.uk...

It is an argument over a point of law.

If Mr Assange exhausts all his routes, including the European Court of Justice, then he’ll have to face the music. It is customary to paint Assange as some sort of “victim”, but on the off chance that he has committed a crime in Sweden he needs to face the music and due process. Perhaps the real “victims” are the two women who have made a complaint about him. I am sure (in the interest of openness) Assange will publish all details.

In addition, people who are saying that he will be sent onwards to the States (via Sweden) are just throwing a red herring. Is there any evidence of this, or is it just a made up, throw-away statement based on an overly cynical world-view and a misunderstanding of Sweden's independence?

If he gets off on a pickie point of law he will forever have the cloud of accused sex criminal. He’s played the wrong game if he’s innocent - methinks he protests too much.

Regards

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
so...

he's being tried for rape basically.... Yet its a huge conspiracy???

did anyone think... "hey this dude actually did this?"

I think he did..

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk
This case is not his last stand. As some are speculating.

So it is not the last we have heard of this case that is for sure.

Interesting how it seems most people assume he is innocent of this, I know all are innocent until proven guilty, but that usually means actually standing trial. I know this is a conspiracy site so people would rather think there is an ulterior motive, but what if he is guilty?

Not a direct response to your post Laurauk, but yours is the latest post so seemed easier to reply to it.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrNotforhire
so...

I think he did..

He is not charged with anything. He is wanted for questioning for a broken condom. Case itself is so shoddy it wouldn't be much of problem. However Sweden wants him detained indefinately for this.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

I feel like this could be taken as karma...

anyone else?

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Karma? How about "no good deed goes unpunished"? That hits more home.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

or no bad deed??? What if you don't agree with wikileaks?

Guy gave up national security for money... how is he any better than the politicians here.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps

so...

I think he did..

He is not charged with anything. He is wanted for questioning for a broken condom. Case itself is so shoddy it wouldn't be much of problem. However Sweden wants him detained indefinately for this.

He is wanted for questioning for a broken condom????? Are you real? He's accused of raping one woman and sexually molesting and coercing another. Your avatar shows where you sympathies lie, but..... don't lie. These are serious charges and your comments do nothing but make light of what are, if found true, very serious offences. Think or research before you post.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by something wicked

something that someone like this is completely capable of...

knowing that he will be putting lives in danger by posting on his blog, yeahhh I can see him raping someone ... Actually that seems RIGHT in character!

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

something that someone like this is completely capable of...

knowing that he will be putting lives in danger by posting on his blog, yeahhh I can see him raping someone ... Actually that seems RIGHT in character!

Is that sarcasm? Do you know his character at all? Where you there when the alleged offences took place? I'm guessing not. That's what truth is about.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

thats where the courts come in I guess...

determine if hes guilty or not

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by paraphi

If Mr Assange exhausts all his routes, including the European Court of Justice, then he’ll have to face the music. It is customary to paint Assange as some sort of “victim”, but on the off chance that he has committed a crime in Sweden he needs to face the music and due process.

The crime is pure BS. I am absolutely, 100% convinced of it. The geriatric fascists who rule America have a personal vendetta against Assange, after what he did to them, and they will not rest until they get him. He is going to be crucified by them in all likelihood; they'd probably do it literally if they could get away with it.

You don't give a psychopath of the power and magnitude of Hillary Clinton a PR blood nose, and live to tell about it. Assange is a dead man walking. The rape charge is nothing but pretext; and they will take any they can get.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

Originally posted by petrus4
The crime is pure BS. I am absolutely, 100% convinced of it.

With such an open mind on this situation, I suppose it is lucky that you won’t be called to give a defence of Assange, or even sit as an impartial member of the jury!

The issue here is that Assange has been accused of a serious crime and the Swedish authorities want him extradited for questioning. His innocence / guilt will be a matter of the Swedish judicial system and process.

As to this obsession with the US and conspiracies. Yawn, all over-the-top bleating as far as I am concerned. Let’s see what happens in court – if it gets to that.

Regards

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by paraphi
reply to post by petrus4

The issue here is that Assange has been accused of a serious crime and the Swedish authorities want him extradited for questioning.

Do you know anything about the level of evidence they have, for said crime?

I am becoming extremely tired of people who are willing to believe literally anything they are told by the media, and then smugly imply that their own is the more rational opinion, when refuting others. Go and learn something about the actual case, and then perhaps you will have a right to your superciliousness.
edit on 4-2-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join