It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gold: alternative to money under NWO

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I am researching options for holding my money as gold, gold certificates, or in an internet-based gold bank. I have found one which looks interesting - GoldGrams ( goldmoney.com... ), whereby your "money" is physical gold in a sealed vault. You can transact, in gold (instead of dollars, euros, pounds, etc). Is anyone else researching options for holding gold as an alternative to national currencies?

Thanks
--libertad

Odd

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Personally, if a hostile NWO takeover ever occured, I wouldn't put much faith in precious metals.

Cigarettes, booze, and ammo are going to be valuable commodities.... and, failing our imminent subjugation, you'll always be ready to party

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 10:59 PM
link   
You both have very valid points. If a true evil NWO took over, most likely it would come in such a way that the whole monetary system would be thrown out. In this case gold doesn't do you much good because all of your "wealth" in gold is worthless anyway. The other option is for a quick change of the system, in which case dollars would be more or less transfered into an equal amount of the new currency.

Thus, if you are with them, either way you are fine. But lif you are planning on resisting such a takeover then like Odd said, stock up on ammo (especially .22, .223, and 9mm), booz, cigs, and food.

Where your idea makes a ton of sense is in the case of a nuclear strike by terrorists. Since it would likely be in either NYC, DC, LA or a combination of them the US economy would likely collapse. Imagine all of new york gone. All of the stock markets would crash. It would make the great depression look like a walk in the park. Every one would imediatly withdraw all of their money, but since the banks couldn't cover it and the Fed couldn't either, both the banking system and the Fed would collapse.

In this case, your best bet would probably be gold or platinum, preferably in a neutral country such as switzerland.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 02:02 AM
link   
but if you step back, and just look at the nwo as been more gradual and first, in order to facillitate ease of tracking ones transactions and moves so to speak,, they push a "cashless" society, i.e. use of electronic money.

Using this, they know exactly which anti nwo books you buy, whether your a good citizen of the nwo (a consumer, ideally in debt), when you buy things, where in the country you are etc.
It's simply a prelude to getting a microchip implant!

Plus, electronic money is even more easier for them to control if they ever want to cut off our means of living since we dont know any better. We tick the wrong person off, i'm sure they could just say some "hacker" hacked your savings once electronic money does become more and more a fact of life.

Gold is a good idea, since i assumed that the reason its a precious metal and therefore a valuable commodity is that it has certain valuable uses? Maybe i'm wrong, but in the event of a hostile nwo takeover, which i think is unlikely since the majority of sheeple out their wouldnt mind anyway, esp if they keep it gradual, then im sure there will always be some people who will accept it, esp those who can supply essentials like rope, seeds, tools, etc. Try a village in the himalayan mountains if you dont beleive me. Although i might be wrong, so dont try. I imagine village people might not trade food for gold since its very precious to poor people but tools....esp old ones which are begtter than nothing for u, maybe.

p.s. there are several companies selling gold coins etc as an alternative to treasury issued money, just hard to know which ones are right, and worriied about how illiquid money is and the fact that i live in debt even though i'm stilll at university

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Odd
Personally, if a hostile NWO takeover ever occured, I wouldn't put much faith in precious metals.

Cigarettes, booze, and ammo are going to be valuable commodities.... and, failing our imminent subjugation, you'll always be ready to party

If those will be most valuable, I'm set to be a multi billionair

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 03:41 AM
link   
i personally think that there would be more to worry about than gold or curreny when that happens, and if. but either way, if you are still interested libertad, try this site: e-gold. as another possible alternative, if its even going to be worth it. dfh out.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 12:48 AM
link   
what happens when gold in terms of its uses becomes obsolete and i dont mean as jewelry for simple minded people who get excited by glittery things, but in terms of how well it conducts etc.?? would that happen anytime soon u reckon?

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Gold is to difficult to use its weight and fragility the purer the source make it undesirable and exspensive to maintain all the money as we know it will be replaced by a log in an account in some computer that can only be use by plastic or chip implants nothing less would supprise me

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 01:12 AM
link   
why is gold so precious anyway?

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 01:22 AM
link   
to tell you the turth I think gold was something some guy in the oldest of its history picked up and took it home to his wife cause she liked things that shine and she asked for more the next thing you know she spreads some around the house someone sees it at her house and thinks it look pretty to then boom the women go crazy for it and some monopolizes only the idea and the money starts rolling in so in effect to me its a hunk of metal that got to much publicity

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 08:58 AM
link   
To be honest, the only way I see society going it towards little bits of plastic in your wallet
I'm not sure what it's like in the rest of the world but in australia, banks are slowly but surely pulling out of country towns & forcing people to rely more and more on their cash/bank/credit cards. There was actually quite a bit uproar about it a few years ago but it seems to have died down now.

This has it's benefits and drawbacks. Personally I like not having to carry REAL money around in my wallet. By only using plastic (not credit card) it helps me resist spending big wads of cash & if someone steals my wallet, there's a good chance within 30mins I'll know about it, so ring up the bank, cancel the card and you little beauty, no money lost at all
Within a few days I've got a new one and everything's fine and dandy.

To me, while I don't see it happening anytime in the immediate future, in an ideal world a cashless society is a wonderfull advancement. It has it's disadvantages/risks, but then again so does a cashed based society. If we could learn to trust and NOT fight or take advantage of each other, what need would there be for cash as we know it now when a simple plastic (or some other type of material) card could do the job?

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by el_illumbrato
why is gold so precious anyway?

Gold has been the standard of wealth for many thousands of years. Its reliability has been proven time and time again. It has stood the test of time.

Like drbryankkruta said it most likely started because it was a pretty metal. But Gold has many great properties and uses like its the best conductor. But the simplest answer is gold is precious because it is rare.

[edit on 1-10-2004 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   
i had heard it was valued because it is one of the few metals that lasts forever without rustng. also it is very moldable, which would make it easier for early civilizations to make coins out of.

as for a future currency for the nwo, i wonder if it has anything with the rothchilds starting to hoard it a few months ago. well technically they just stopped trading it, but call it what you will.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Gold is valuable for many valid reasons. I won't expand on that here though. Ok I don't think gold will directly be a viable source of currency due to the same reasons it's becoming obsolete now: overpopulation. I think it should be SoJs haha...man I hope no one got that.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 04:10 AM
link   
lucid lunacy

you are kind of right but they still make like these gold rings and stuff it must not be that valuble if people can fork out money to buy jewlary

gold is valued cause it is possible to last for a couple 100 yrs

of course no one has tried to see how long it can last so does it last for ever?

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Gold plays a huge role in our current technology...not sure if that's why it became so prized to begin with? As far as rarity, remember there are other metals and gems that are just as rare.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 05:15 AM
link   
A wise friend once said, if you can't buy something in the front of the store, just go in the back and do your buying. If you are resisting an NWO takeover, and everyone here should... a storekeeper might be sympathetic, and will take you to his office and work out a deal with you. Gold will always be valuable, no matter the culture. The NWO has to have some form of currency. Gold will be worth something in that currency. If you trade a storekeeper an ounce of gold for some food and goods, it would be a benefit to him, because he could convert that to his money and you would have your transaction done with. And yes, stock up on gold and silver, but dont forget the guns and ammo! I am looking into a .50 cal rifle... they are SWEET! Might be overkill for deer hunting (which mainly i hunt for grouse with my 410), but in the name of self defense, and fighting for our country should the day come, pea shooters are no match for tanks and copters. If i make my millions by then, i could possibly afford the 700 nitro express... the biggest and baddest rifle, which was designed just for that purpose... to be the biggest and the baddest. Oh well... actually, the gold i have is more or less free for me... I am a gold prospector, and yes, tell me your location, and i will tell you where you can find real gold for yourself. Email me at [email protected] and ill help you learn how to find gold. Hey, its not just our constitutional rights we risk losing, but our recreational liberties as well. The only law on the books that provides for mining, is the mining law of 1872, which liberals are dying to wipe off the books... it is why i will not vote for kerry, he wants our guns, and anything else that gives us liberty. In fact, the day martial law is declared, ima gonna head on up to a mine I have picked out... up in the mountains, and bunker in... about that time they will fly over with a bunker buster... but the good news is, the liberals would probably demand an environmental impact statement first!
Sorry if i am rambling, but i am tired and felt like saying a lot!

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Ever see the movie Waterworld? Currency was dirt, and crayola crayons...

To assume that gold and stuff like that will maintain its current value is to assume our society stays relatively intact...which kinda goes against the idea of NWO.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 08:32 AM
link   
additionally,

the enmass forces of Islamic fundamentalism, identified as terror orgs by the western regimes, are leading the Muslim world toward Gold as the standard and telling the faithful to not respect $US or EUROs.

now, when 1/2 the world follows in compliance with the soon-to-be Caliphate, then the combined US/EU remnants will be on the 'outside' looking IN...eventually the combined western-alliance will have to give up their EFTs and submit to the NWOs Islamic Gold Standard

right now Gold securities, stocks offer better liquidity, trade & transportability than heavy ingots or coin....but that will change as the geo-political landscape changes.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by vapor
i had heard it was valued because it is one of the few metals that lasts forever without rustng. also it is very moldable, which would make it easier for early civilizations to make coins out of.

This is very true one of the amazing properties of gold. I have seen gold coins that were at the bottom of the ocean for hundreds of years and when they were cleaned up they looked brand new. Pure gold is also very moldable if you ever seen a person in a show or cartoon bite into a gold coin, this was a early way to test for gold. I have some 99.97 pure gold coins and if you bite into them you will leave teeth marks. Alot of gold is mixed with other metals to add strength or shine.

Gold is truly has a interesting history and is a amazing metal.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join