It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

R.O.V. Photos of Sunken Megaliths off Western Cuba

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
This info is quashed and ignored because it goes against the mainsttream.

The true history of mankind is so different from the history books it's staggering.
Until we begin to research our true origins we will always be stuck in this violent self depressive controlled state.

We have the power to alter reality with our minds but unfortunately big brothers on tv

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by lostinspace

This conceptual drawing of the sunken site off western Cuba was posted in 2002. I wonder if the artist was allowed to see the entire side scan sonar mapping done by Advanced Digital Communications. This map has never been revealed to the public in its entirety. I have seen it in photos with the discovers but its hard to make out any good detail.

It may also NOT be an ancient city that has sunken into the ocean, but maybe it is a underwater city that exists and the ocean currents are slowly revealing where these cities are located.

We all know that talks about civilizations, aliens, etc...not only come from the skies, but may also thrive in our oceans that no one can "prove" without a doubt at this time. But maybe it is worth keeping an open mind about cities now being exposed in our oceans through nature's wonder. Just a thought

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by questforevidence
This is further proof that the history we have all come to know is missing significant pieces. The first key to our forgotten past is ancient structures.

Quite true.

Wasn't the water levels mush lower so long ago? If this is true we can find hundreds of sites underwater right near the beaches.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by lostinspace

definitely needs further investigation before any claims can be verified but looks intrigueing enough to send someone down

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by indigothefish

definitely needs further investigation before any claims can be verified but looks intrigueing enough to send someone down

They did

Old thread on this same subject (2008)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I don't think that old thread came to much in the way of a conclusion, but interesting anyway. The goal at the time of the discovery was to see if those remains added to the great deluge, be it the biblical one, or an earlier GW period. No great brainer then to understand that there had to be lower sea-levels in the past, perhaps more than once. Alternatively, (and there's always an alternative) the Earth puffs and shrinks itself from time to time. There's probably theories about that too.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
Another older thread on this same question

Old thread on this subject

Summary: Nothing was found, people usually don't over emphasize failure. However as a basic tenet of the fringe is to never let a claim die this one lives on

From Byrd in that thread

Zelitsky wasn't that convincing, either. Yes, I agree she sounds sincere, but what I have never seen is any credentials that back up her claim of who she is and how she would know things. I think the reason that the expedition never "made" was that NatGeo came to the conclusion that her findings were either fraudulent or incorrect. If she'd found anything, every archaeologist in the world would be all over it...as would every hunter for the fabled Atlantis. Heck, NatGeo and History Channel (and Discovery) have backed some pretty wacky undertakings. It's not political sensitivity that made them drop this -- but I do think they dropped it because she couldn't convince them that she had found something.

edit on 1/2/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

You really enjoy using that word "fringe" Hanslune. Please stop talking down to us when we present our views. It's getting real old. That word does not belong in this thread because I am not claiming this to be Atlantis.

I just don't understand why you, Byrd and Harte have trouble seeing this as a real sunken Maya site. There are so many Maya ruins in the Yucatan it's not hard to image that there could be a few under water in the Caribbean. The earth has been known to be geologically unstable from time to time. I don't see where "fringe" fits into this picture.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
PSA

Come on folks. It's a discussion board. Opinions will vary .

Please address the topic and Not each other.

TIA

As well, Please don't address this post 'in thread'.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
On how right angles can occure unnaturaly in nature ..
or How some "scientits" laff at astrology because they haven't got a flippin clue...

Before tsunamis occured from calving two mile high glaciers as they melted at the end of the last ICE AGE..which SMASHED not only the shore but pounded inland..and as the land based melt occured seas rose..

Strange Artifacts: The Celtic Cross
Is a Celtic Cross a scientific instrument as well as a sacred symbol?
It allows the navigation of the planet without a time piece, the discovery of Natures mathematics and the construction of ancient sacred buildings using astrology. The philosophy behind all the great religions rest within what the cross reveals. The ancient scientific and spiritual wisdom that has shaped our past and still influences our future is part of a forgotten and often hidden system that reaches back beyond the current established religions, further than Ancient Egypt into an age where Mankind lived in harmony with Nature.
Resurrected by Crichton E M Miller in 1997 the ancient working cross has been awarded two Patents.

www.world-mysteries.com...

I bought the vid so there is no link to that...but I have made a cross to experiment with and with what CM exposes there is little doubt about it...

Why do we say to "cross" an ocean? because the "celtic cross" as we see it today is a cargo cult representation of the real "celtic" cross which was a navigational and measuring instrument that allowed for world wide travel..AND THE CONSTRUCTION OF THINGS LIKE THE GIZA PYRAMIDS..and other things with right angles in them

In his video presentation CM ties the zodiac used as part of the process of navigation to both cave paintings depicting them in 25,000 year old caves in france, and shows that parts of this cross were both found in and seen on videos taken of virgin territory by robots in the giza pyramids.

houros horizon
cross cronos

now the big dipper which contains the north star was known in europe in the olden days as the bear
bring sights to "bare" on something

also the dipper was known as arcturus...arc
as CM shows one had to kneel at the foot of the cross to take a sighting...

the ankh is also the top of a rod siting tool used by cathedral bulders in old europe to site points while building..

now CM points out the accuracy achievable back BEFORE the ice age (remember the watering marks on the sphnx?) using this cross is as good or better then we can do today

BTW
due to the Chandler wobble O'rion hits a high point vs the horizon and then sinks lower and lower on the horizon...the second coming

you can see how language can be used to track the truth...or when used in a flip manor obscure it
ignore deniance!

Remember in catholic school the teachers laffed at the dummies that thought the world was flat...
while not telling you it was the church that taught them that?
while hiding the real cross right in front of you?

so if you git the clue I just presented you won't be laffing ...you will be thinkin'

so much for scieligion

edit on 1-2-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-2-2012 by Danbones because: good spelling is impotant

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
No source for any of this?
It should be noted that contrary to some claims, right angles do occur in nature.

My Friend Phage, I believe his source for this story is here,,,
At-lest the pictures are here and other pictures too.
www.squidoo.com...
Here is another site for the source: www.morien-institute.org...

I like to cruise this site: s8int.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Thanks to Smurfy and Hanslune for the further info. So the structures (if that is indeed what they are) are 600 - 750m under water? That would indicate they are much older than the end of the last age. Although it is possible that due to regional variations, sea levels may have risen by more than 400m in the Caribbean area - i definitely need to crack this ancient shore line levels thing!

Im thinking these are probably too low down to be man made in all honesty so im leaning towards natural formations.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   

This couldn't possibly have anything to do with the Maya - due to the depths it is located at, it would have preceded the Maya by a minimum several thousand years and possibly by far longer. Global sea levels rose on average 400m at the end of the ice age - this is 600m to 750m deep! That is why i think natural rather than man made.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian

This couldn't possibly have anything to do with the Maya - due to the depths it is located at, it would have preceded the Maya by a minimum several thousand years and possibly by far longer. Global sea levels rose on average 400m at the end of the ice age - this is 600m to 750m deep! That is why i think natural rather than man made.

That's not a sound reason, although I agree that this has nothing to do with the Maya. Even assuming that your figure of 400m is correct, it is only an average, which means that fluctuations as much as 50-87% from the mean in the rise of sea level might be possible, especially in areas that were already below sea level at the end of the ice age.

The photographic evidence presented so far is not conclusive but definitely very suggestive. We need to see more before a firm conclusion can be reached.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by micpsi

Originally posted by Flavian

That's not a sound reason, although I agree that this has nothing to do with the Maya. Even assuming that your figure of 400m is correct, it is only an average, which means that fluctuations as much as 50-87% from the mean in the rise of sea level might be possible, especially in areas that were already below sea level at the end of the ice age.

The photographic evidence presented so far is not conclusive but definitely very suggestive. We need to see more before a firm conclusion can be reached.

Absolutely, a point i conceded in the post above that. Although is does demonstrate it wasn't Maya related - pre Maya if anything is actually there. Due to regional variations, sea level rise may actually have been higher in the Caribbean - that is why i am trying to find data on the sea levels of past millenia (no luck so far but not giving up!).

Edit to add:

The figure of 400m i got from info through Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute, the worlds leading Marine institution. I do not know enough about this to get that figure myself!
edit on 2-2-2012 by Flavian because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

I just don't understand why you, Byrd and Harte have trouble seeing this as a real sunken Maya site.

Pardon me?

I believe I've said exactly this right here at ATS in the past. I could be mistaken - it could have been at another forum where it was being discussed.

Regarding the word "fringe," it certainly applies to the majority of posts regarding the subject. Whether they are yours or not I've not bothered to check.

If "fringe" is unacceptable, too bad. That word was not coined by anybody here, and is in full use, applied exactly as it is here, throughout the English-speaking world. It's faster to type and easier to spell that "alternate historians," and conveys a much better idea of exactly what an "alternate historian's" work actually is.

"Alternate" or "Alternative History" bestows far too much credit to those who pretend facts are opinions as well as those who ignore or mischaracterize facts.

Harte

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Howdy Lostinspace

You really enjoy using that word "fringe" Hanslune. Please stop talking down to us when we present our views. It's getting real old. That word does not belong in this thread because I am not claiming this to be Atlantis.

I just don't understand why you, Byrd and Harte have trouble seeing this as a real sunken Maya site. There are so many Maya ruins in the Yucatan it's not hard to image that there could be a few under water in the Caribbean. The earth has been known to be geologically unstable from time to time. I don't see where "fringe" fits into this picture.

Fringe is a general group of theories, ideas and concepts; it generally doesn't follow the scientific method, alternative ideas follow the scientific method.

Atlantis is a fringe idea, IMHO

This site simply has no supporting evidence - which is why you don't hear anything about it anymore. If such a site existed it would be swamped by Cuban and European scientists.

why you, Byrd and Harte have trouble seeing this as a real sunken Maya site.

Because there is zero evidence of it being a 'maya' site or even a site at all. There are no known Maya sites in Cuba*, this alleged site is off the coast of Cuba. Until we see a fact that might be considered as evidence for that I see no reason to crown it as a Mayan site, or even a site at all.

Here is a question for you - why is there no evidence for there being anything there?

*The Cuba mystery, in Mayanology one of the unknowns is why there are no Mayan artifacts in Western Cuba when we know there was canoe borne trade (and raids from the Caribs) in this area

Chontal Maya seaborne explorations
edit on 2/2/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Fair enough. I guess I'll have to live with the fringe label on this one.

I blame ADC for getting our hopes up.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Maybe the Caribs ate all Maya that came to their island. Any artifacts that the Maya brought with them was probably burnt in the fire during meal time.

Thanks for the interesting read. I'm still going through it.

I guess I'll have to accept the word fringe with this story thanks to ADC.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

reply to post by Hanslune

Maybe the Caribs ate all Maya that came to their island. Any artifacts that the Maya brought with them was probably burnt in the fire during meal time.

Thanks for the interesting read. I'm still going through it.

I guess I'll have to accept the word fringe with this story thanks to ADC.

Well its only fringe until you find some evidence!

Troy was in some ways considered a 'myth' until Calvert and Schliemann (allegedly) found it where it became an alternative and is now orthodox with a number of people holding the position that until the Greek camp is found it may not be the right mound in that part of Turkey

Another example

There had been thoughts and rumours about near-human relatives other than the Neanderthal, these were deemed fringe, then alternative when we realize in the 1950's-80's that the path to HSS wasn't a straight line....then the hobbit was found and it is orthodox

Wallah!

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I found this image when searching for more information on this subject. I’m not sure if this is the first side scan sonar image Advanced Digital Communication recorded when making a survey over western Cuba for sunken ships.

This could just be a artist rendering of what the scan could have looked like.

frontiers-of-anthropology.blogspot.com...

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join