It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

R.O.V. Photos of Sunken Megaliths off Western Cuba

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by k1k1to
reply to post by lostinspace

is it sopposed to be a pyramid?

and how tall is it? from the pics it looks like the size of a small car

edit on 31-1-2012 by k1k1to because: (no reason given)

The pyramid shape carved out the rock is probably much smaller than a car. It appears to be placed there just for ornamental purposes. These megalithic stones were likely stacked on top of one another forming a temple complex.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver
reply to post by Phage

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...
If you google the name Paulina Zelitsky quite a few hits seem to come up, one linking to a review of a Naked Science episode, a Nat Geo production I haven't seen.

Thanks for providing the link LightSpeedDriver. It is nice to see others contribute to this old saga.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   

This conceptual drawing of the sunken site off western Cuba was posted in 2002. I wonder if the artist was allowed to see the entire side scan sonar mapping done by Advanced Digital Communications. This map has never been revealed to the public in its entirety. I have seen it in photos with the discovers but its hard to make out any good detail.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by leawyoming
Since nasa can't go to space anymore maybe they should start a National Ocean Discovery Administration and set their sights to closer discoverys its almost like space hahaha

Oh, No, no, no! The discoveries they might learn there can be as bad as learning about ETs in the Moon, Mars and elsewhere. Better we stay less exploritiory. It is more comforting that way with our human-centered sciences and outlook on the Universe.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
There is already the NUMA by Clive Cussler - The National Underwater and Marine Agency. the one in the books is fictional. But Cussler set up his own NUMA ..which is for

The National Underwater and Marine Agency (NUMA), originally an organization within the fiction of author Clive Cussler, is a private non-profit organization in the United States. Cussler created and leads the actual organization which is dedicated to "preserving maritime heritage through the discovery, archaeological survey and conservation of shipwreck artifacts."[citation needed] NUMA has discovered many sunken ships. The wreck of the Confederate States Navy submarine H. L. Hunley was confirmed by NUMA in 1995,[1] using information based around Dr. E. Lee Spence's prior discovery of the wreck, and salvaged in August 2000.
Source - NUMA on wikipedia

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by sweetnlow

What are you, a hippy or something?

Thank you for taking the time for this high quality post that clearly does not break any T&C

OP: Fascinating. Thank you for bringing this up. It seems like there has been several mentions lately on ATS about interesting finds in the ocean including this one on the front page: link.

All this reminds me of shows in the 70s I watched that talked about anchient civilizations around florida and discoveries that would be made.

It also reminds me of these formations in Japan:

I think there is lots of evidence of these cities that are now sunk, be they "atlantis" or just older civilizations lost in history. The hindus talk about several risings and fallings of civilizations and I think they are correct.
link.
edit on 1-2-2012 by pianopraze because: typo

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver
reply to post by leawyoming

I think I can do better than that. NADA! The National Aquatic Discovery Administration.

edit on 31/1/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Correction

Good one, but that would not be a good idea. They would photoshop out all living creatures (fish,dolphins,crabs,etc) from all aquatic images and blame it on image glitches.

I remember hearing about this discovery a while ago and then it disappeared. The news found more important things to discuss or speculate about such as what Britney Spears is dating and what Paris Hilton isn't doing.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Interesting spot. Simple way to clear up if this is possibly something or not - speak to Oceanographers about sea levels in the region in the past several millenia. This should at least indicate if it was possible that something was built there at some time. If so, it is definitely worth further investigation. If not, it is some cool natural rocks.

Admittedly, getting an answer from Oceanographers may not be so easy! I have actually just emailed Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution for more info on this. If they decide to share, so will I!

edit on 1-2-2012 by Flavian because: grammar

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Another older thread on this same question

Old thread on this subject

Summary: Nothing was found, people usually don't over emphasize failure. However as a basic tenet of the fringe is to never let a claim die this one lives on

From Byrd in that thread

Zelitsky wasn't that convincing, either. Yes, I agree she sounds sincere, but what I have never seen is any credentials that back up her claim of who she is and how she would know things. I think the reason that the expedition never "made" was that NatGeo came to the conclusion that her findings were either fraudulent or incorrect. If she'd found anything, every archaeologist in the world would be all over it...as would every hunter for the fabled Atlantis. Heck, NatGeo and History Channel (and Discovery) have backed some pretty wacky undertakings. It's not political sensitivity that made them drop this -- but I do think they dropped it because she couldn't convince them that she had found something.

edit on 1/2/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by questforevidence
This is further proof that the history we have all come to know is missing significant pieces. The first key to our forgotten past is ancient structures.

That may be as far as we get. There is no guarantee they will be able to decypher or properly examine those stones. We may never know for sure just what they are.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Right, i have just received a reply from Woods Hole. They have kindly given me a link to their library and research section.

Unfortunately, so far i haven't had any luck searching through - it seems to want fairly exact titles to search for which at present is causing me some headaches. Further trawling to be done! For anyone interested, the link is www.mblwhoilibrary.org... (i think that is correct, as you can tell i am not good at technology!).

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian
Right, i have just received a reply from Woods Hole. They have kindly given me a link to their library and research section.

Unfortunately, so far i haven't had any luck searching through - it seems to want fairly exact titles to search for which at present is causing me some headaches. Further trawling to be done! For anyone interested, the link is www.mblwhoilibrary.org... (i think that is correct, as you can tell i am not good at technology!).

The Library seems to hold published papers. The only published papers on this claim may/might have been done by the Cuban guy who was associated with it for a time. You might find him on the intenet using Zalinsky's name and cuban pyramid. You can then see if there is anything in that database - obliquely you can look at any research done in the same area - good luck

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Good find!

S&F

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by leawyoming

What? You never heard of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), a federal agency focused on the condition of the oceans and the atmosphere.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by andriod

It was a joke.
Left, right.
Liberal (hippy), conservative.
Get it?

edit on 2/1/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Well, it seems that NG has an article on it,

news.nationalgeographic.com...

Keywords are unusual shapes, crests, smooth blocks and geometric shapes.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Liberals are the dangly bit in the middle.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy
reply to post by Phage

Liberals are the dangly bit in the middle.

And may I remind you we are off topic.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Manuel Iturralde that was the Cuban guy who may have published something on this, thanks to the poster above who reminded me of that

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join