It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anybody else have an internal radio?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I know that's a weird question. But I have what I call my little internal radio. There's always a song playing in the back of my mind when I'm awake. And it's really very hard to get it to stop.

I was diagnosed with ADHD, but not until 21. This internal radio has been going on for as long as I remember. I just chalk it up to a coping mechanism for the usual runaway thought processes that somebody with ADHD supposedly has.

But, still, does anybody else have this?

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

Your brain is filled with chatter since you try to contain your emotions; they do not belong to you, they belong to your environment. You are the sole arbiter of your output, you find that it screams to be let out, sings its own praises and laments is unfulfilled desires.

Maybe, instead of thinking too hard on it, you find that thinking less about it makes it emerge naturally. This isn't something you can force, much like a bowel movement it comes out on its own, straining to keep it in will hurt you in the long term.

Naturally, the song you hear is to be shared, you want to share it and please, let us sing along.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Pretty neat question actually. For myself, I've never been diagnosed with adhd or add or anything else, and also never really cared to find out if I had em, but I listen to music in my head all day, everyday. Voluntarily, mostly, because I love music. It can be music I've actually heard or music I make up in my mind using imagined instruments I've heard in real life.

After seeing a video about how scientists were able to record visual data images directly from the brain, I always wondered if they would one day be able to record audio data as well.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Yep, I got one of those also. Although, I think of mine as more of a record player because sometimes it gets stuck on the same song.

Strangely enough, I also hear a foreign language in my head. I have no idea what language it is, it just starts rambling along.

I have never been diagnosed with ADD or ADHD or anything like that so maybe it is just a thing instead of a result of one of those.

*shrugs and walks off singing Somewhere Over The Rainbow.*

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

edit on 31-1-2012 by Doodle19815 because: Got trigger happy I guess.

I decided to go ahead and use this wasted space to say,

Have you ever heard a song in your head and then moments later turned on the radio to hear it playing?

There, now it is not wasted space.

edit on 31-1-2012 by Doodle19815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I hate it when mine gets stuck on "It's a small world after all."

Tag. Now YOU'VE got in your head, too!

(God, I hate that song!)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

I once spent two weeks with the Barney song stuck in my head after having a marathon with my little brother. (Oh how I regretted promising him a marathon.)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
This guy has the same problem

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
yes! for me lately the annoying one is " I have a structured payment, but I need cash now"......

can't put it up here, be glad it would only get stuck in your head.

love to have music, not annoying, come into head.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
One of my best friends who is also a musician (drums, guitar,bass,keyboards)has songs playing in his head. If you watch his face closely you can tell when the song changes. I have had allot of fun with him about that over the years. I ask him what he is listening to now and he tells me . Then we laugh like loons. He has obsessive cumpulsive disorder. It's very mild. He does stuff like counts his steps and wierd stuff like that.

The song that gets in my head and I can't get out is the Pink Panther theme by Henri Mancini.
edit on 1/31/2012 by lonegurkha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Yes!
I have often wondered if I was the only person who had this going on. I usually only notice it when I am doing something menial, but I often wake up with a song in my head. It sometimes it's a song that is annoying or one I don't like. Lately I have had "I'm sexy and I know it" by LMFAO stuck in there.

I have never been diagnosed with ADD but I often think I have it.

Remember the song that doesn't end........youtu.be...

Watch that video and it will be stuck for a long long time. Ha Ha!

edit on 31-1-2012 by LittleVoice731 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Mines the worst kind of internal radio. Someone can say one word and I can start singing a song that begins with or has the word in it. It gets really annoying to me and friends, but i have fun with it too.
I think I owe that to my family always singing some tune.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamschist
yes! for me lately the annoying one is " I have a structured payment, but I need cash now"......

can't put it up here, be glad it would only get stuck in your head.

love to have music, not annoying, come into head.

That damn song has been on my internal radio station for weeks now lol. It's overplayed and the dj ain't taking requests

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

I too have this internal radio, but luckily there is no annoying DJ, just music. I have often wondered how it, or I, decide what song will be played. Some days i will wake up in the morning with a song in my head that i haven't heard in months, sometimes years. For example i woke up one morning a few weeks ago with Hakuna Matata playing and it has been years since i saw that movie or heard that song.

Besides the occasional annoying song that wont go away, i like my radio and i wish there were regular over-air radio stations that played the same mix of music.

Kyle

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Yes, I thought I was the only one..It's constantly going in my head. If I hear a song, forget about it, the rest of the day it's with me..

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I have the same internal radio... Sadly, the darn things like to play songs I don't even like sometimes, including those annoying jingles from TV commercials. Odd, considering I hardly watch TV. Stuff I watch is always pre-recorded on the DVR. Simply so I can fast forward and pause whenever I like. My inner radio also has a knack for playing songs I've not heard in years,but mainly it's stuck on "Talk radio" mode. Where it wonders perpetually.

I've not been diagnosed with ADHD, though. Now my personal radio will ponder whether there is a connection or not.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

I've been doing this all my life. Just thought it was normal. Kind of late in the game for me to do anything about it anyway.

However,you being a young man,I hope you find some relief. It can be debilitating.

top topics

join