It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What skill sets do you have for your group?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnySasaki
You shouldn't plan on having a group. Plan on being alone, and then when the sh!t does hit the fan, if you find yourself in a group, you have options.

Personally, there aren't very many people I like or get along with. When people are put in life or death situations, they tend to all want to do different things, and disagree on just about everything. I don't exactly know from experience, but it seems pretty obvious that things of that nature are bound to happen. Frankly, I could go without all the drama and just go it alone. That way all the decisions you make are yours.

You just have to make sure you know what you're doing, and prepare in advance.

I agree, also they may decide to eat you if they get hungry :-o

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I have checked my skills out and have used them many times. I like to backpack and camp. There are times when I have gone out in the woods for a week, with just what I had on my back.
I was able to get by noproblem.
I planned accordingly, I took basic food, to not starve, a change of cloths, a few tools(tools are anything from weapons to filters, and matches, pots and pans)
A few times I spent about a month...getting food wasn't even hard then. The hardest part was lugging it around when I moved camp. I tried to not stay in a single place for more than a fews days. That way I got to check and recheck my skills and abilities several times. each area is different for hunting, gathering items needed, and it makes you think and use your head for appling many uses to a variety of different things.

It would of been nice to have others with me, because I wasn't to worried about roving bands of thieves or other undesirables..that might appear during a SHTF.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
reply to post by saltdog

the most extreme of survival is the story of the Donner party, the question is how far would one go to survive? eating shoes boots , not for there are now man made uppers , your pets, dog /cat? Twigs, or as the story says,...well you know, I my self no way no how!!!!
There are always things to eat, just got to know where and what. was lack of preparation or just not knowing what to do that had them in their rut? i would say both. there should have been roots they could have ate, even in winter! Bugs like grubs or worms even in the deep snow they souled have been able to this. my biggest question where was the wild game?

edit on 31-1-2012 by bekod because: editting

A dead person is meat...that is all they are is meat. i am vegetarian so I then have a problem but i don't see why a meat eater gets all squeamish about eating a useless piece of dead meat!

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Human meat is like really greasy pork. I like pork as much as the next guy, but i like my pork a bit dry. I suppose if I had to, I'd smoke house another human with some spices.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by saltdog
So most of you guys are alone? Why not have a group?
Are you all looking for a group or just wanna go it alone?

loose lips sink ships...in the end its only me and trust me I am hard enough to manage.
how old are your trigger puller buddies?

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
embalmer, osha inspector, office clerk, computer technician, rosicrucian

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

edit on 31-1-2012 by shenan because: repost

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
My skills are:

I can make stuff out of wood,with home/field made tools.
Shelters,usable bows and arrows,bowls,tables etc.

I know basic first aid.

I know how to make tasty soup and beer from plants,veg/berries/fungi in my local environment and beyond.

In the Northern hemisphere I can navigate using the stars.

I can train dogs.

And I try to have a positive outlook in the face of whatever life throws at me.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

no power so there goes your video games and burgers, for cig's do you know how to roll your own?

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

I know to me the differnce between surviving and living is knowing. So if I already have the knowledge of what not to eat then it is just living as where surviving is just eating. seems like you have have all the skill though

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Can drive,ride motorcycles,weld basic metal work,mechanical experiance in most vehicles encountered in civilian life,basic joinary skill,basic electrical skills,fish,hunt etc etc....i thinkil be fine

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by rebellender

We are all old enough to have been there, done that...and still do if we like...

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by saltdog

I can do macrame with ocelots and juggle hydrogen sulphate gas.

Can I join your group?

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   
hi op

i can weedout a skitzo in an hour
no matter how good the acting
i done it last night with a friend of a friend
he cracked in an hour
so that is my skill
understanding how people work
so i think my skill could potentialy save your kids from a sexual predator

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   
-Surviving as a group demands different skills and the same skills, so that one person is not providing for the whole group and wearing himself out to keep the others alive and comfy.

-Surviving as a individual demands that you have self discipline and can make good choices based on the situation you are in.

-A individual who can take care of him self in any given environment can easily fit into a group. But a individual from a group might not do as good in any given environment if he/she doesn't know how to take care of him self.

The quality a group will have depends on their own demands and standards. It might not be easy even for a large group to sustain a comfort zone. Because a larger group demands more natural resources and space.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I've got a lot of experience in fermenting, so I can make trade fodder and get us drunk at the same time.

I'm also handy around the garden and with a nice pick.

Past that, it's all basic primitive camping experience.

Things I'm working on learning.

- Firearms

- Knots

- Scratch fire building

- Old school first-aid

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I can lie,cheat,steal,kill and deceive. I would be set for life

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshF

In other words you are no different than anyone else .)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee
Originally posted by bekod

A dead person is meat...that is all they are is meat. i am vegetarian so I then have a problem but i don't see why a meat eater gets all squeamish about eating a useless piece of dead meat!

Big difference between eating 'Babe - Pig in the city' and gorging on your best friends thigh bone.

Just saying.

edit on 1-2-2012 by mr-lizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by spy66

Originally posted by JoshF

In other words you are no different than anyone else .)

But im GOOD at it, the only thing i will die of if SHTF is old age.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join