It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What skill sets do you have for your group?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I ask this, because you need well rounded people to do a multitude of different things.
There are a handful of people I am friends with. They have a very wide range of skill sets. Some have a few, some are very able bodies for anything.
They are but not limited to...(keeping OPSEC...I will just give a few, so you can see the wide range of skills)
Aside from the camping, hunting, and fishing.
Active duty military
Prior service members...note everyone is/was infantry, ranger, recon...trigger pullers.
Police officers
Quilter/seamstress/ kneedle point
Nurse/Medic
Machinist/metal worker/mechanic
contractors...building and security types
Farmer/ gardener

All of this is with less than 6 people...that are very close friends.
We hang out and learn from each other...we are only as strong as our weakest link.
edit on 31-1-2012 by saltdog because: spelling

edit on 31-1-2012 by saltdog because: spelling

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I don't want to sound to melodramatic, but in the End.. you're on your own

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I'm good with a bowstaff.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I am a butcher which is a pretty valuable skill for when the hunted animals need to be made into some stew. I am also a boxer and do other varietys of mixed martial arts.

I am also good with the ladies so if the planet somehow needed re populating i am your man lol

My mates vary from engineers/mechanics to youth workers and jobless people. We go camping every year nearly and get together its good. Not this year though i dont think
we would try and hunt and stuff but we end up to mangled we can barely walk lol

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Artist, Scribe (I'll be the guy that leaves proof we ever lived on walls and in books for future generations to discover)
I'm also a jack or all trades knowing quite a bit about hunting, construction, camping, weaponry, hand-to-hand, security, water purification (not just boiling), medicine (both natural and some manmade concoctions), some surgical procedures (mild dentistry, suturing, birthing), root cellar and/or smoke house designs, welding, plumbing, tracking, and I'm really good at anything that requires jury-rigging and/or ingenuity.

However, I do not have a green thumb, though I'm learning more and more as I get older.

edit on 31-1-2012 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

I could see being on my own, but in reality..in the end...you think you'll be alone?
I guess you doubt your friends...the ones I call my brothers, well we all have already been through...well lets just say, I know if there breathing, they will be there for me, as I will be for them.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I am good at making things work and figuring systems out.
Something broken, I will find a way to get it to work. It may not be pretty, but it will work.
I am fairly multi-disciplined and able to use my knowledge from one field and apply it to another.
I can be pretty handy to have around.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
So most of you guys are alone? Why not have a group?
Are you all looking for a group or just wanna go it alone?

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
me and my group aint got much...

Me and my father are carpenters... so we can build sructures...
my father "didnt" serve in the "special" forces... (if you catch my drift...)

[he knows a thing or two, about training folks.... teach 100 guys, they teach 100 guys, ect... ]

We know how to hunt/fish/skin/clean food...
We have experience with fire arms...
novice trap setting skills...
my father is an exellent water man...
(aquatic, millitary experience, former boat owner...)
we have a merchant across the bridge from us... (we plan on collaborating with him)

and im an exellent speaker... i can convince folks of anything, and am very good at persuation...
(mother knows a thing or two about healthy food)

we also have electrical skills, plumbing skills, gardening skills...
I know a thing or two about raising a pre domesticated dog...

My father is also, skilled at "special" things...

Im not worried... I imagine we will do fine in a bad situation...
( I know were everyone in town who owns a gun, lives... all the creeks, holes, trenches, empty buildings... dogs...)
(and we have human beings here, instead of scum folk... so i imagine a good sized town can be formed)

You could say... I know my local area, better than most... I walk around a lot...
edit on 31-1-2012 by AwnAegisean because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by saltdog
reply to post by Hellas

I could see being on my own, but in reality..in the end...you think you'll be alone?
I guess you doubt your friends...the ones I call my brothers, well we all have already been through...well lets just say, I know if there breathing, they will be there for me, as I will be for them.

No I don't doubt my friends I doubt us as humans. Take away electricity and we'll be the worst animals on this planets!

My friends (4 guys) and I are friends and brothers for 25 years now. Still you never know...

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellas

reply to post by Hellas

them.

. Take away electricity

I plan on doing that myself...(if someone dont beat me too it..) we dont need electricity...
All you need to get rid of it, is a logging chain...

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

I hear what your saying.
Those that I hangout with, have a bond, that many will never understand...
For only those who die in battle, have seen the end of war.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by saltdog

I don't think I'd go it alone... initially.
I have a strong core group of friends who are either survivalists, active or retired military, various scientists, teachers, etc.
I think we'd do quite well actually. There's an old colonial establishment (tourist type place) not to far from where I am that we've all discussed taking over should the $h!t happen to ever hit the fan. The places are already rigged for wood fires, thick walls for keeping heat in for winter and cold in for summer. They also have working smithing shops for glass, metal, and wood working, and established gardens. Everyone in the group could have their own home, there'd be plenty of places for cattle or other animals, and even a school.

Eventually, I think curiousity would kick in and I'd have to venture out into the world to see what was left, maybe explore some of the most infamous, yet currently "top secret" places in America. See what I could find, learn, see what was worth preserving, and what survived that shouldn't have and lay it to rest.

Groups are very important, but knowing who's in that group can be the difference between life and death. Choose wisely.

edit on 31-1-2012 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Strength +10
Constitution +15
Willpower +12
Magic +20

Alchemy
Resist Fire
Dual Weapon Wielding

Boots of Blinding Speed
Gloves of Dexterity +1

Oh wait you mean real life.
These threads are silly. No bearing in the real world. Take all your "skill sets" and throw them out out the window if you aren't prepared to kill a man and eat him.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I wouldn't wanna go it alone either.
Like you said, after awhile, I would wanna go explore and see whats what.
That might be months or years later though.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroReady
Strength +10
Constitution +15
Willpower +12
Magic +20

Alchemy
Resist Fire
Dual Weapon Wielding

Boots of Blinding Speed
Gloves of Dexterity +1

Oh wait you mean real life.
These threads are silly. No bearing in the real world. Take all your "skill sets" and throw them out out the window if you aren't prepared to kill a man and eat him.

I almost made the same reply you did. Good 'ol D&D days.
I was gonna put I was the king at rolling a 20

All silliness aside. Killing isn't that big of an issue for me, but I think I would bait out the dead before I tried eating them myself. Worst case scenario, you catch another person, but that's a bridge I'd cross once I got to it.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I'm the Kwisatz Haderach

Everyone follows me

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by saltdog

Pretty sure I lost my moral values around month 15 in Iraq. Maybe it was that time I ran over a kid in a supply truck.

Idiot or not, if you're expecting your enemy to show "moral values" when it's him or you then you're just naive.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

[SNIP]

I say better gone then alive with all the wrong people alive also. Quick death best thing if it gets ugly, life is already hard, people do not have the imagination in at least cushy USA to realize what kind of life they are talking if any of the major disaster occur creating lack of good water, air, food and shelter.

Say ready all you want..your not.
edit on 31-1-2012 by Gemwolf because: Removed quote

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join