It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Lucifer just crazy or was his actions justified

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I like that book you recommended "Urantia Material ", that will keep me occupied for days! Thanx

"Why would God not be known to his Angels?"

One possible reason may be that God resides outside the 13 dimensions that make up this multiverse, kind of a macro/micro problem, imagine us trying to communicate with a single atom(self contained universe in itself), how vast and unfathomable would we appear to a single atom? Our scale/size would make communication impossible from the atoms point of view. Maybe the ultimate creator is just to big for Angels perceived him/her/it.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by Haites

The story of Lucifers rebellion sounds like...

Politics.

Religion...Political ideology.

hmmmm

Could be a correlation there, ya think?
I agree, it's politics. Nothing more

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by VictorVonDoom

"Something I never quite understood about the Christian religion. The devil is smart, he knows what's going to happen to him eventually, so why does he not just accept Jesus as his savior, be forgiven, and be accepted back into Heaven?"

Maybe its because he knows what's going to happen to him eventually that he keeps up the fight, maybe form lucifer's perspective eternal salvations not the ultimate goal.

Im a christian/buddhist by the way, so just a thought.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Haites

I have no idea how to answer your question, anything said would pretty much be wishful thinking on my part. Just wanted to post a movie clip on the subject.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

A little something for your amusement.

www.cuecomponents.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Just classic.

Hense my like towards catholics moreso than the other flavors

Free dog soul with conversion.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

I read a post on a forum(could have been this one not sure) but the guy said the angels are supposed to be perfect beings so when they make up there minds about something they stick to it. They dont have any doubts about what there doing. Seems like a sound theory but who knows.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Haites

Originally posted by Patchman
excellent post albeit not what I was expecting. I am downloading the Urantia Book as I type this and really look forward to sinking my teeth into it. our paths seem very similar and I think this book will be another stepping stone for me towards the never ending pursuit of enlightenment.
I'd be very interested to discuss this topic and others with you in the future.

namaste.

Agreed cant wait, but i suggest you read it from cover to cover and not jump around, if you do it will be only more confusing for you.

but cant wait for the discussion's.

im about 2 hours into the audio book, it seems to be fitting and expanding on lots of good points of interest.
I highly recommend The Secret History of the World written by Mark Booth if you havent read it already. it covers a plethora of important pieces of our history and discusses topics like alchemy, freemasons, illuminati, garden of eden, knights of the Templar, the green king, the prophets, the sphinx and the timelock, the neolithic alexander, zarathustra, lucifer, gnostics and shamans, mohammed and gabriel, rosicrucian age, the seven seals and the new jerusalem and more. anyways great book, also The Ancient Secret of the Flower of life by Drunvalo Melchizedek..

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Haites

excellent post albeit not what I was expecting. I am downloading the Urantia Book as I type this and really look forward to sinking my teeth into it. our paths seem very similar and I think this book will be another stepping stone for me towards the never ending pursuit of enlightenment.
I'd be very interested to discuss this topic and others with you in the future.

namaste.

Agreed cant wait, but i suggest you read it from cover to cover and not jump around, if you do it will be only more confusing for you.

but cant wait for the discussion's.

im about 2 hours into the audio book, it seems to be fitting and expanding on lots of good points of interest.
I highly recommend The Secret History of the World written by Mark Booth if you havent read it already. it covers a plethora of important pieces of our history and discusses topics like alchemy, freemasons, illuminati, garden of eden, knights of the Templar, the green king, the prophets, the sphinx and the timelock, the neolithic alexander, zarathustra, lucifer, gnostics and shamans, mohammed and gabriel, rosicrucian age, the seven seals and the new jerusalem and more. anyways great book, also The Ancient Secret of the Flower of life by Drunvalo Melchizedek..

im not aware of these books but will check them out as soon as i can. Specaily the drunvalo melchizedek.....

wait till you get to Machiventa Melchizedek

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Haites

Dear Haites,

A Christian here, so my biases are up front. The Lucifer of the bible is not all that smart and his reasons are not to rule over God, he knows he couldn't. While he is rarely mentioned, we get a pretty good image of him in the Book of Job and when he "tempts" Jesus. The beginning point of our conflict with Lucifer appears to come when he is told that one day angels will be under the control of humans. Lucifer and one third of the angels didn't like the sound of that and rebelled, they thought we should be under their rule and accordingly they have been given a certain period during which to rule the world. The bible says that Lucifer has been given dominion over this world, it is not a game it is a competition to prove ourselves.

If you go back and read the book of Job with this in mind, the story will start to make a lot more sense. Consider what Satan (you see I believe Satan and Lucifer and the same being), says to God, he says that the only reason that Job praises him is because he has been successful in his life, Satan says that if God takes away all of life's pleasures from Job then Job will curse him. That is how Satan views us, as selfish children that need to be put under the authority of angels. Yet, he was wrong, Job lost everything and faced many afflictions and did not curse God, he regretted his life; but, did not hate God nor curse him.

If we look at Luciferianism or many "occult" religions, they generally are very top down in organization, it is all about control. Those at the top (Madame Blavatsky, Alice Baily, Aleister Crowley...), frequently claim that foreign spirits enter them and take them over while giving them instructions. The game is always pretty much the same, you give up free will for a time and you get earthly rewards. At least that is how I see things when I read my bible, you of course are free to believe whatever you will, I was just attempting to give my perspective in response to your question based on my beliefs. Peace.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion
reply to post by Haites

Dear Haites,

A Christian here, so my biases are up front. The Lucifer of the bible is not all that smart and his reasons are not to rule over God, he knows he couldn't. While he is rarely mentioned, we get a pretty good image of him in the Book of Job and when he "tempts" Jesus. The beginning point of our conflict with Lucifer appears to come when he is told that one day angels will be under the control of humans. Lucifer and one third of the angels didn't like the sound of that and rebelled, they thought we should be under their rule and accordingly they have been given a certain period during which to rule the world. The bible says that Lucifer has been given dominion over this world, it is not a game it is a competition to prove ourselves.

thanks for the insight. any who i dont believe in competition.

If you go back and read the book of Job with this in mind, the story will start to make a lot more sense. Consider what Satan (you see I believe Satan and Lucifer and the same being), says to God, he says that the only reason that Job praises him is because he has been successful in his life, Satan says that if God takes away all of life's pleasures from Job then Job will curse him. That is how Satan views us, as selfish children that need to be put under the authority of angels. Yet, he was wrong, Job lost everything and faced many afflictions and did not curse God, he regretted his life; but, did not hate God nor curse him.

If we look at Luciferianism or many "occult" religions, they generally are very top down in organization, it is all about control. Those at the top (Madame Blavatsky, Alice Baily, Aleister Crowley...), frequently claim that foreign spirits enter them and take them over while giving them instructions. The game is always pretty much the same, you give up free will for a time and you get earthly rewards. At least that is how I see things when I read my bible, you of course are free to believe whatever you will, I was just attempting to give my perspective in response to your question based on my beliefs. Peace.

Thanks for your insight. any who i dont believe in competition.
edit on 1-2-2012 by Haites because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Haites

Dear Haites,

Thanks for your insight. any who i dont believe in competition.

And as a human, neither do I. Peace.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

Wow great post. I know you helped me out thanks.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join