It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Bother to Vote in Florida Primaries? Media Claims Romney Has Already Won?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Makes you think, does the media really have the mesmerizing power to make people accept their prognostications?

Makes one wonder if the media has a 'special power' to induce Gingrich voters to stay home to accept the consequences.

Or, are people simple easily led and told what to do, and they do it with no questions asked? Because they are that malleable?

Nature or nurture or science, what is the real power of the media in this primary season?

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
CNN has already declared Romney the winner in Nev and Mich too...Not one mention of RP last night..

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
March 6th everyone gets to vote. I gotta send in my registration paper soon and hope I meet the deadline. Time to help Ron bring our country back.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neopan100
CNN has already declared Romney the winner in Nev and Mich too...Not one mention of RP last night..

Only 44 more states for the media to declare the winner in......

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by FidelityMusic
March 6th everyone gets to vote. I gotta send in my registration paper soon and hope I meet the deadline. Time to help Ron bring our country back.

It is projected by the media that many liberal Democrats will vote for Ron Paul.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by tonycliffs
Makes you think, does the media really have the mesmerizing power to make people accept their prognostications?

Makes one wonder if the media has a 'special power' to induce Gingrich voters to stay home to accept the consequences.

Or, are people simple easily led and told what to do, and they do it with no questions asked? Because they are that malleable?
Nature or nurture or science, what is the real power of the media in this primary season?

The media might to an extent. They were barred from posting the potential winner a few years ago while polls were still open in things like the Presidential races. People from Cali. would say...why vote if so and so is already being reported the winner because the Eastern and Central time zone exit polls are in.

Well...there were still 2 other time zones. Mountain and Pacific. EDIT: Oops. Actually more counting Alaska and Hawaii. Sorry to leave anyone out! But...as for the rest of the country...they might feel like their vote didn't matter. Well, it does. Every vote counts. Sometimes, in certain states certain votes may count even more than once!

But don't let the media attempt to sway whether you should vote or not. You should. They are basing their info on pre-primary polls.
Remember...if you don't vote even though your candidate might have already been declared out of it....this might happen!

So always vote. Ignore what the media polls say. Sure....I really doubt they are all fair and impartial and will try to sway people one way or another depending on here you are. But your vote does count.

While it's been associated with everyone from John Gotti to Al Capone, it's origins are much earlier than that.

Vote early, and often!

edit on 31-1-2012 by webpirate because: left out some data!

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

The trick is to how to ignore what the media says and think on your own.

It's not that easy for most people.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

Always amuses me that photo of Harry holding up a copy of the Chicago Tribune....when one stops to think how many Presidents owe their victories to the Chicago Outfit.

They say that Paul 'The Waiter' Ricca, made a deal for parole if he handed Truman the vote.

Just one of many.

Anyway, the train car that Harry Truman is on where that photo was taken, I've visited that train car. It is in a train museum. It was how the presidents traveled before Air Force One. FDR and all. It weights twice as much as a regular train car because of the extra bomb proofing and such.

top topics

join