It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baraq Obama literally translates as Satan?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by mutantgenius
That is pretty interesting, but what about the Hussein part? I wonder what it translates to in Hebrew?

Edit to add.

Apparently it is an Arabic word, which tranlates to handsome?????
HUSSEIN WIKI
edit on 31-1-2012 by mutantgenius because: (no reason given)

Well, even they get it wrong sometimes

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by pshea38
More coincidence I am sure.

Edit to Add:
Aaaargh! My count increased to (1)666 stars just after I posted this.
edit on 31-1-2012 by pshea38 because: (no reason given)

If this was true back masking, and not heavily edited/filtered, the audiences response would have preceded his "yes we can" phrase when the audio was reversed.

Instead, it lags afterward.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I remember hearing this same thing in the 80s about Ronald Wilson Reagan.

Each name is 6 letters long. 666.

We survived Reagan.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Although it was amusing, and probably not coincidence, that Barack's first chief of staff - Rahm Emanuel - had a name that meant Thunder.

Together, He and Rahm were literally Lightning and Thunder.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I am more concerned with the Anti-freedom politicians that get elected than some Antichrist, those are here and now and REAL that's what needs to be focused on and what people need to be concerned about.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I'm not sure if he is. I'm sure he sucks as a human being, president, and parent though.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by sparda4355
reply to post by bhornbuckle75

I've done a lot if bible studies using Greek and aromatic translations to try to get to the root of a biblical scripture.

edit on 31-1-2012 by sparda4355 because: Fixing typo

Yes I'm sure you are quite the expert in "aromatic" Biblical translations!

Do I really need to make any more of a point here....You did a pretty good job of making my point for me....Words mean things. There are MULTIPLE errors in the very idea of translating Obama's name into meaning 'Lightening from Heaven'....simply because you, or the original poster of that video want to twist the actual meaning of Aramaic words into some sort of 'Obama is the Antichrist' meaning doesn't make it true.

By the way, did you know that the term 'Antichrist' is never used in the Book of Revelation? And instead is only used in 1 John 2:18, 2:22, 4:3, and 2 John 7....and that in the context in it clear that John is simply speaking of someone who is against Christ...and not of an individual? Rather he states there are many 'Antichrists'......the word simply means 'Anti-Christian' and isn't meant as a proper title of an individual. It's only through more modern tradition that the term has become associated with any prophecy involving the end of the world.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Why hasn't anyone mentioned the most pertinent fact about this video?

The New Testament was written in Greek.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by pshea38

Do you know who invented backmasking audio stuff? Aleister Crowley, the founder of the Church of Satan who was big into witchcraft the occult and all that unholy stuff.

Are you absolutely sure about that matey?
Aleister as far as I know only founded the A ∴A∴ along with George Cecil Jones after they had left the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn, but still remained close allies with the OTO.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by BBalazs
yes, and if you square root his name in hindu

Of course you know that Hindu is not a language, but a religion. Many residents of India speak Hindi, though.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv

No I think it should be moved to Hoax because it has been proven to be a hoax.

www.snopes.com...

Although I am not in total agreement with the author of this thread, nor the conclusions of the video cited on this issue, I beg to differ on the validity of this source and their findings on the subject as well. It is nonsequitur and uses equally controversial sources for the conclusions it gathers.

You might, respectfully, consider a better source for your truth than Snoops. It would be like using Wikipedia as an authority on about anything. Snoops left more questions behind than legitimate answers to the original question of validity.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally

Why hasn't anyone mentioned the most pertinent fact about this video?

The New Testament was written in Greek.

So, um dude... Did you watch the video? That's specifically stated!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join