It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baraq Obama literally translates as Satan?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by sparda4355

Absolutely no need for the hostility.
If you perceived my reply as an attack, then I apologize...I simply think it's respectful to all the members of this site to search existing threads and at the very least acknowledge them. The video you presented has the same information as the two threads I found. Had you found them, you could have linked them in your OP as supporting content or referenced how you intended this thread to be different (which you have now done in your reply to me). IMO the existing threads could only add to the discussion.

Peace

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by sparda4355
reply to post by Starchild23

Thank you very much starchily I do appreciate that. It's not even about right or wrong, just an interesting video with a potentially pretty serios message if by chance it is correct.

I like people like you.

Thank you again

You're very welcome. I am personally speculating as to whether Ron Paul is the Antichrist...but since he isn't president (yet) people aren't looking at him too closely.

I'm looking forward to the day, though. No one deserves to be as popular as he is...you don't get to be famous without stepping on some toes. And NO ONE has an entirely clean history when it comes to political races.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

reply to post by bhornbuckle75

Actually I did read it and as I stated, it is a valid counter argument, id have posted it myself had I known it to exist prior to my post so that people could form their own opinions.

However, you are wrong... Just because you say it's fact doesn't make it so.

Your link is no more a fact on this subject than mine.

Dude, on this subject... There are no facts!!!

I can't even prove God exists or that there will be an antichrist. But I believe there will be one. And I think both my video and your link are interesting and have valid points.

I've done a lot if bible studies using Greek and aromatic translations to try to get to the root of a biblical scripture.

90% of the time when translating you have to make an educated guess, lots of words hold many meanings and lack direct translation.

So I agree with the author of my video that if those words were used to translate, it would in fact be his name.

But I agree with your link that alternative words could ave been used. (summing it up)

What I don't agree with is your authors and your personal arrogance that your opinion is fact and mine is stupid... They are both opinions and hold an equil amount of validity!!!

edit on 31-1-2012 by sparda4355 because: Fixing typo

You should be using Hebrew...that was the original language (excepting Aramaic).

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Barak also means "blessed" in Hebrew.

Obama can mean a place where a Leader speaks to address the masses and so implies a 'leader'

And Hussein literally means handsome in Arabic.

Put all 3 together and you have a: Blessed Handsome Leader.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Useless fcuking web site.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Mosfet51

Wait... What?

I linked to a YouTube video? Did you watch it?

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

reply to post by kaylaluv

Btw... You do realize lucifer is the arch angel of light right? So the video holds validity with or without the word fallen or falling

Both Ra and Hidden Hand have stated that in order to learn, you must be presented with bad choices. A man who has never been able to choose evil will not know precisely why it is evil. A man who has seen evil, and has made bad choices and seen the consequences, will understand the nature of negative energy and know exactly why the right choice is...well, right.

According to this line of thought, perhaps Lucifer is the Light Bringer because he represents the bad choices people can make, and represents the illumination those bad choices bring. After all, there's a reason they call it an "eye -opener".

I think I'm going to make a thread about that...

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

My audio is not working and also I know that there are some members here on ATS...that have problems with videos too....so please provide a written transcript of what has been said...so we too can join in this discussion...thanks ahead of time.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Luke 10:18 - "And He said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning falling from the heavens". Jesus spoke these words in Aramaic, the most ancient form of Hebrew. In Strong's Hebrew dictionary, word number 1299 - a primitive root word meaning to lightnen or (lightning) or to cast forth is baraq (baw-rak'). As in Isaiah 14:16-19. the word for heights or heavens, according to Strong's Hebrew dictionary - word number 1116 - (meaning to be high); an elevation - height, high place, wave is bamah (bam-maw') In Hebrew, the letter wau or vau is translated as the letter u. Some scholars use the letter o for this transliteration. It is primarily used as a conjunction to join two concepts together. So Baraq O Bamah or Baraq U Bamah, in Hebrew poetry would translate literally as "lightning from the heights". The word satan is a direct translation in Hebrew. So, Jesus' prophecy in Luke 10:18, if spoken by a Jewish Rabbi today, influenced by the poetry of Isaiah..he would say...AND I SAW SATAN AS BARAQ O BAMAH
reply to post by caladonea

Hope this helps.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Sorry but Satan is described as a white man

edit on 31/1/12 by Viking9019 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Satan or anti christ,,,RON PAUL WILL SLAY HIM

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Viking9019
Sorry but Satan is described as a white man

edit on 31/1/12 by Viking9019 because: (no reason given)

Please please for the love of god back this up!!!!!

Also, obama is half white.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Actually, it translates into Hebrew as Blessing and Elevation!

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I hate Fruit Loops....

But I like Trix!

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

To paraphrase the Python team,

"He's not the anti-Christ, he's just a very naughty boy".

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkKnight76
It must be getting bad, if it's not even summer, and people are already pulling out this tripe. No, he is not the antichrist, nor is he the messiah. Just as Ron Paul is neither, or Romney or Gingrich, and I don't even like RP Romney or Gingrich.

I agree. But i can tell you who the anti-christ is. The R.C.C., the Pope is the false Prophet and according to their prophecy Benedict XVI is the second to the last Pope, so the last Pope who is supposedly Petrus Romanus (Peter the Roman) may be the AntiChrist the Son of Perdition himself. Interesting thing, the word "Pope" means "Father" and Jesus forbade any man to call himself that, for we have only one Father and he is in heaven.

No point in voting for any of the candidates unless you like voting for Satan because every option on the table belongs to him. It's a primary reason i do not vote and never have.

I love it how all these candidates said that "God told me to run for president" but for some reason God wanted them all to be president, but instead of winning theyre dropping out. Makes me wonder what "god" they were talking to because it definately isn't my God, he couldn't care less about the ways of the world, the worlds ways are not his.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Thank you for answering my question.

I heard that (Baraq) in Hebrew means - lighting....but that....

(Barack) in Hebrew means - blessed.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
More coincidence I am sure.

Edit to Add:
Aaaargh! My count increased to (1)666 stars just after I posted this.
edit on 31-1-2012 by pshea38 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by pshea38

Do you know who invented backmasking audio stuff? Aleister Crowley, the founder of the Church of Satan who was big into witchcraft the occult and all that unholy stuff.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

The words Baraq Obama have secret meaning, a warning from God?
I don't take any one thing too seriously or put too much validity on it, but when things start to add up time and time again like this. It does get my attention.

I think it's a lie designed to convince people that Obama is a threat -- targeting people who don't spend a lot of time reading have never heard of a Strong's Concordance (www.blueletterbible.com...). Satan is mentioned many times in the Bible -- and the name "Satan" is actually ancient Hebrew.

The next time one of these come up, please check the Bible first -- and use a Concordance and see what the original language says.

And videos -- your critical thinking abilities shut off when you're watching a video. Reading allows you to stop and analyze. May I suggest you read more and watch videos less?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join