It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria Tested Chemical Weapons on Civilians in Sudan's Dafur Region back in June

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 01:56 AM
link   
The Debka File

Syria tested chemical weapons on civilians in Sudan�s Dafur in June and killed dozens, according to German daily Die Welt, citing unnamed western security sources. Tests carried out following Syria-Sudan military exercise.

Witnesses reported several frozen bodies arrived suddenly in Khartoum hospital in June, but nature of weapons undisclosed

Syria suggested close cooperation in developing chemical weapons and proposed tests on Christian-led SPLA in the south, but Sudan said US-mediated peace talks in progress, so preferred chemical testing on people in Darfur.

www.debka.com...

Link to orginal news article (unfortunately, in German)
www.welt.de...

If there is any truth to this (I have a few reservations, seeing how it is a German news source), then Washington must be aware of it as well. If that is the case, then I guess they dont give a $h%# about those people either. If they genuinely did, they would'nt be looking towards the Useless Nations to put a stop to it.

[edit on 15-9-2004 by Crazyhorse]

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 02:05 AM
link   
No money to be made, no US economic interests in Sudan. Let the UN mop it up.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 02:51 AM
link   
German news sources are extremely credible. Lets not forget Reuters, which I believe is a german company.

thanks,
drfunk

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 02:53 AM
link   
While I'm sure this can be used for a future propaganda effort to convince people that Syria harbors weapons of mass destruction, what is the purpose of using chemical weapons given the massive political liabilities these days. Do scientists in Syria need to know whether or not mustard gas kills people?

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 03:00 AM
link   
N Korea seems to want to know if their gas kills people. They have glass chambers they put whole famlies into to test there chemical weapons. On a show about N Korea an man that escape from N Korea used to work at these labs and even slipped out papers that detailed the people that where used as test subjects. Other independant sources have all described these labs the same way and even talked about the forms and records kept and all there stories match.

Pretty scarry stuff

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Here is another link that is more detailed (in English)

www.channelnewsasia.com...

And I don't really trust Reuters either. Read too many stories from them about the pure as the driven snow Saddam and the evil and illegitimate George Bush to take those fruitcakes seriously. I feel they are about as credible as the Pyongyang Times. That being said, I'm not surprised to learn that they are a German news agency.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by taibunsuu
No money to be made, no US economic interests in Sudan. Let the UN mop it up.

Shockingly realistic view there buddy!

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by drfunk
German news sources are extremely credible. Lets not forget Reuters, which I believe is a german company.

thanks,
drfunk

Sounds german from the UK actually (well was set up in london).

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
N Korea seems to want to know if their gas kills people. They have glass chambers they put whole famlies into to test there chemical weapons. On a show about N Korea an man that escape from N Korea used to work at these labs and even slipped out papers that detailed the people that where used as test subjects. Other independant sources have all described these labs the same way and even talked about the forms and records kept and all there stories match.

Pretty scarry stuff

I saw the same documentary, it was really scary stuff. I think the guy who defected brought with him papers which were authenticated by the KCIA and other independent experts.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crazyhorse
Here is another link that is more detailed (in English)

www.channelnewsasia.com...

And I don't really trust Reuters either. Read too many stories from them about the pure as the driven snow Saddam and the evil and illegitimate George Bush to take those fruitcakes seriously. I feel they are about as credible as the Pyongyang Times. That being said, I'm not surprised to learn that they are a German news agency.

lol...this is coming from a american i presume? your media is the worlds biggest joke. never report anything bad about bush your crack addicted 'cough' democratically 'cough' elected president

reuters is a highly regarded in the worlds media and it the single largest provider of content to media companies across the world.

It is a british company founded in London in 1851
327,000 professional users
Over 14,700 staff in 92 countries
World's largest international multimedia news agency - 2,300 editorial staff, journalists, photographers and camera operators in 197 bureaux serving 130 countries
Approximately 30,000 headlines, including third party contributions, and over eight million words published daily in 19 languages
Real-time data provided on 5.5 million financial records
More than 200 million data records maintained and updated containing over 3,000 billion discrete data points (or record fields)
Information on 40,000 companies
Financial information from 258 exchanges and OTC markets
Financial data updated at 8,000 times per second, and at peak time up to 23,000 times per second
More than 5,000 clients contribute prices, opinions and analysis
Reuters Group 2003 revenue �3.2 billion
Constituent of FTSE100 index
Listed on the London Stock Exchange and NASDAQ exchanges: RTR and RTRSY (respectively)
Reuters is among the most read news sources on the Internet reaching millions in their offices, homes or on PDAs

new topics

top topics

join