It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is It Crazy To Love Everyone?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
One thing to note too is the context in which some people view forgiveness.

Some people view forgiveness as the same as saying what someone did was okay.

Some people view forgiveness as separating the person from the action

Some people view forgiveness as a way to heal yourself.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by theBigToe

Originally posted by Manula
reply to post by theBigToe

Are you perfect? Never did anything wrong in your life?
Show some mercy and compassion for your brothers and sisters, of course people must deal with their wrong doing but people like you only add more misery and negativity, no cure, no love, no evolution from you, why don't you grow up a little.

Perfect? No.
Not the kind of idiot that kills people? Yes.
Not the kind of idiot that would forgive somebody for intentionally bringing harm to my family or friends? Yes.
It would be one thing if my brother tried to rape somebody and he was killed because the other person was defending himself. It would be a totally different ball park if somebody just whacked him out for no reason. And that I would NEVER forgive. And no, sorry, it doesnt make me any less of a Human being as you, so take your moral high ground and go away. Thanks.

Its not a moral high ground, to hate is stupid, to not forgive, to not to love, its just stupid, its unintelligent, it is chaotic, its a destructive force, no good on being stuck on negativity. If you cant forgive you will carry negativity with you, its bad for you, its bad for everyone, to make it simple: its dumb!!

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Ralphy

Would it be crazy to forgive someone with that mentality of picturing yourself in their shoes and wishing for mercy even though the attacker doesn't care about his actions?

Crazy? Yes.

But if you remember the prayer taught by Jesus.... "forgive our sins as we forgive those who sin against us"... things take on a whole new meaning.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

with consent yes , this was the point i was making earlier , these are the actions im talking about .

if a pedo , wants to make changes , he doesn't want to be that monster , and really feels bad for what he did . Then he will want to try the experimental remedies that might fix him , or help us with future pedphiles.

his consent shows me he wants to step into the right direction.

If he refuses , then clearly he is happy with who he is , and is not someone i would forgive , then no problem enjoy the rest of your stay locked up . But for the other pedophiles im sure many of them would be down with the testing , experiments etc.

i'm sure many people with little empathy such as your self would have no problem using them as guinea pigs ?

actions speak louder then words.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourboycal2

i'm sure many people with little empathy such as your self would have no problem using them as guinea pigs ?

actions speak louder then words.

Can you stop making some really ridiculously offensive assumptions and just engage in a civil dialogue without insults? Have I insulted you even though I think it would be absolutely inappropriate to forgive a child raping murderer?

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

how is the truth offensive ? reading your comments i can easily conclude that .

you have a very narrow type of thinking . I don't think its offensive , as much as its pointing out your character?

Many more people with even less empathy then you would also have no problem with using them as guinea pigs.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

how is the truth offensive ? reading your comments i can easily conclude that .

you have a very narrow type of thinking . I don't think its offensive , as much as its pointing out your character?

Many more people with even less empathy then you would also have no problem with using them as guinea pigs.

Okay have a good one.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ralphy
Lets say someone raped and killed some children and the parents of the children wanted the attacker to be set free from jail and forgiven. Would the morality in this situation depend on if the attacker realized what he did and how it hurt the family? Would it be wrong for the family to forgive the man that destroyed their family?

Do you have to have limits on the golden rule? Say the father of the children pictured himself in the shoes of the attacker, maybe he would of thought he would like to be forgiven and shown mercy in those shoes.

Would it be crazy to forgive someone with that mentality of picturing yourself in their shoes and wishing for mercy even though the attacker doesn't care about his actions?

I guess what I'm getting at is, should we forgive/love people who haven't yet learned their lesson?

You can be loving toward someone and still yet not approve of something they did.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

reply to post by DJM8507

If we were expected to do everything Christianity teaches then we should be expected people to murder everybody that isnt a Christian. Deuteronomy 13.

Good point. I was referencing mostly on the core teachings of the gospels of the New testament that tell a message of peace, love, compassion, and forgiveness from the teachings of the main character, Jesus Christ.

"For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins." (Matthew 6:14-16)

In John 20:23, Jesus tells His disciples, “If you forgive anyone his sins, they are forgiven; if you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven.

Jesus preached a crucial message about forgiving, as God forgave us. Christians stand in grace, and He expects Believers to keep their hearts pure toward others, not holding grudges or harboring unforgiveness, especially after He gave such undeserved love and forgiveness at such a high personal cost to Himself.

Jesus said those who have been forgiven much, love much (Luke 7:47). He expects Christians to forgive others 70 times 7 times (Matthew 18:22). Christians are also told that if they are praying but hold something against anyone, they are to forgive that person so their relationship with God is right and righteous! Colossians 3:13 says, “Forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.”

Christians know they are His if they love others and don’t hate them or have unforgiveness in their hearts (1 John 2:3-6; 3:14-19; 4:16-21). Forgiveness is a key to showing Christians indeed have eternal life inside them, according to these passages.

If Christians say they love God but then they hate others, they are liars and no truth is in them. So, forgiveness of others is a major indicator of true fellowship with God. God looks at the heart and actions, not mere words. Jesus stated while on earth, “These people come near to me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me.” So, it’s important Christians have a living, genuine faith: “We know that we have passed from death to life, because we love our brothers” (1 John 3:14).

"Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing." And they divided up his clothes by casting lots." (Luke 23:34)

"But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you," (Matthew 5:44)

"Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," says the Lord." (Romans 12:19)
edit on 30-1-2012 by DJM8507 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by DJM8507

i wish god would've used that forgiveness on adam and eve ?

then maybe we wouldn't be in this mess

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

reply to post by DJM8507

LoL!

Great Point!!!

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by yourboycal2

Adam and eve, that story is symbolic for the origins of mankind.
Adam was the creator, he was light-giver, he wanted to give light so he created someone to receive his light, a receiver: EVE
Light is positive energy, joy, happiness, pleasure, everything that feels good!
They were happy for some time but the receiver wanted to learn how to create light, she wanted to be like Adam, she didn't want to be dependent, she wanted to learn to be happy and give happiness, like Adam did.
And then bang, big bang, here we are, the universe was created, we are EVE learning to create and give light, learning to be like Adam, learning to be independent, from receiver of light, to creator and giver of light, from selfishness to altruism, from wanting to receive, to learning how to create light and wanting to give.
Our original nature is of receivers, the challenge is to become creators and givers.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Manula

could you please show me the bible verses that say adam was the creator and light giver?

im curious to see this.
edit on 30-1-2012 by yourboycal2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by yourboycal2

Its not in the bible: Google this: adam and eve kabbalah

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Questioneer05
do you believe that you're crazy? if it, you are, becase we all are one, is really crazy to know it?
if someone feels pain, it will affect you? and i mean in fisical way, will, maybe, that person attack you?
it will make you feel what he/she feels... or at least something close to it...

if you can forgive, you just understand yourself, and everyone, that's the first step

I would never forgive anybody that murdered my family or a friend. There is a difference between the law and forgiveness. Why on earth would you forgive somebody like that?

bigtoe (i like your id, its great lol) there are people who cant really control themselfs... there are people who are just getting to know what they can, or can't do... and this people cant trontrol they acts... some are used as tools... you must to think, that a "death" isnt really real... like in a videogame... if someone made you death in the game, you can get angry about it, or start again...

reply to post by DJM8507

i have to admit something... LOOOOL this is a great commentary!!
edit on 30-1-2012 by Questioneer05 because: i wanted to add this quote without making another reply

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
So Love is supposed to be this all powerful universal force / law, and yet we still need the laws of man to put criminals away. Obviously it isn't that strong if it doesn't help in reality...

I'm hoping that I'm wrong about this though..

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Sometimes father has to take action torwards an irresponsible son, but he never stops loving him!

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Manula

Punishing someone is not love. It means that you are trying to change them to make them better to YOU. That is not love...

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
So Love is supposed to be this all powerful universal force / law, and yet we still need the laws of man to put criminals away. Obviously it isn't that strong if it doesn't help in reality...

I'm hoping that I'm wrong about this though..

you're not, the laws of the man, are made for mans... and to protect (sometimes) like saying "let's pretend there is nothing else outhere"

Originally posted by Manula
reply to post by arpgme

Sometimes father has to take action torwards an irresponsible son, but he never stops loving him!

if you're talking about teaching... of course... but the irresponsible son is the result of the irresponsible father

Originally posted by arpgme
reply to post by Manula

Punishing someone is not love. It means that you are trying to change them to make them better to YOU. That is not love...

punishing is going too far... by teaches the sons will be even better than the fathers... or at least, an equal being

top topics

<< 1   >>

join