It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US First Lady Michelle Obama Goes On $50,000 Lingerie Spending Spree

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
We know there was taxpayer money used in closing off Madison avenue. I want to know what kind of credit card she was charging with. Flashing her lingerie purchases for the media is a little too far. I could say some other opinions but that's straying from the subject of wasting more of our tax money on their trips out of town. Sorry if this is in the wrong category or already posted. Nothing in search.
Th e Telegraph
edit on 30-1-2012 by GoldenRuled because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
She has absolutely no sense and even less shame. I look at how she is acting and one name comes to mind. Imelda Marcos. She may not have the extensive shoe collection..(but who says she doesn't?)..but she apparently has the late evening wear...ahem...after this little stunt.

It must be damn nice to have so much spare money floating around. Isn't Hubby making a fairly limited salary.........and he came from very humble background? So..while he's still in office, where is all this dough coming from anyway?

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
It's good to see the Obamas being so humble.
I feel secure in knowing they can identify with the common folk.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
All kinds of wow....

Funny how the press were tipped off about her shopping in everyday stores like Target to keep the poor vote! Target Shopping

What a sickly thin veil this whole system is.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by GoldenRuled

I don't know what to think anymore.

Why would we want to know what undies the First Lady is wearing?

Did I fall down the Rabbit Hole and wake up on Jersey Shore?

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
How do you know for a fact it is tax payers money paying for this?

She does income, in fact all her personal income is self earned.

I think you are just mad because you can't afford the things she can...

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   

well something is very wrong in the bedroom if she has to spend that amount of taxpayers money on lingerie! !

edit on 30/1/2012 by Thurisaz because:

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Not to sound sexist, but women love their clothes. No need to get indignant about it.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet

yeah, whatever. Are you a Defense Attorney or a PR Shill?

Wake up! There are people in her own Country that can't even afford housing or food!!

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

Wake up! There are people in her own Country that can't even afford housing or food!!

Right... but there are people in every country who are in the same position. Do you expect the world to stop spending cash in respect to their poorness?

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Let's bring common sense back to the subject matter shall we?

No let's begin by posturing about the level of income one would need in order to justify $50,000 in lingerie...
I am going to ball park that the average person would spend maybe 2% of their annual income on lingerie.
Considering that lingerie has a specific purpose and isn't worn all the time.
Of course this 2% would also vary from person to person, but 2% isn't a bad number to work with.

So example A;
Woman A earns $40,000 per year and decides to buy herself some lingerie to arouse hubby... $800 worth.
Let's be moderate on our lingerie (not diamond crusted with gold thread).
So a Victoria piece can go for about $300 (I would assume), so $800 worth is 3 - 4 pieces. More than enough to last out the year.

Example B:
Woman B earns $150,000 per year and goes through lingerie like we would underwear.
So her budget for lingerie is actually double Woman A's... So that gives Woman B a budget of around $6,000.
More than enough to last her the year.

Now, getting back to Mrs Obama... What kind of DISPENSIBLE income would she need to EARN to get $50,000 @ 2%?

$2,500,000... Half that if she is at 4% - $1,250,000.

Now, I know the figures are out there somewhere... Does Mrs Obama earn AT LEAST $1,250,000 dollars?
I think not baby puppy.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz

yeah, whatever. Are you a Defense Attorney or a PR Shill?

Wow, a shill , huh I must have struck a nerve there.

I am neither of the things you accuse me of, nor do I wish to judge the couples sexual conduct, but it does seem as if you may be qualified to do so...

Is this woman's spending out of line? I would say yes, but who am I to judge. She probably gave away more money than you or I make in several years.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

Hi Tsukilunar...

no I expect them to give more to charity and be thoughtful of others ...

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   

hahaha

I only asked the question... I did not claim you were either...

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by mileysubtet

oh and to answer your question... I do think her spending is way out of line! Especially considering the economic climate.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz

Hi Tsukilunar...

no I expect them to give more to charity and be thoughtful of others ...

Ok, did you even bother to find out if she did any charity?

Here is a helpful link.

lmgtfy.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   

of course she has participated in charity deeds..it is part of the public relations of being the Wife of the Pres...

I just feel that it is very bad timing especially considering the econmy.

but on the upside...spending money is good for the economy...so perhaps her next stop is some downtown sweat shop and she can support children making products for all of us in the developed world...hopefully the lingerie was made in the USA? mwah...omg don't get me started!

? it is a hard one... isn't it?

edit on 30/1/2012 by Thurisaz because: not that drunk I cannot see my typos... yet hahahahahha

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Sovaka

Yes but one must include Barack's income also, as men often buy lingerie for their wives. The Obamas made $5,223,690 in 2010 minus Obama's presidential salary. I think 50000 though ridiculous is within their budget.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   
look I think what I am trying to say IS that I would have decided to go naked in the bedroom and donate the 50K to charity.

and I mean it is only sexy stuff... there is more pressing things than lingerie.

oh maybe not? if he is happy.... then perhap the whole country is? omg Barack is not happy and his wife is having to go spend 50K!!!???

edit on 30/1/2012 by Thurisaz because: ah bah umbug

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Who cares? So, Michelle went shopping with the Queen of Qatar... Together, they spent $50,000 (if this story is even true). So what?

The "freedom" crowd trying to tell people how to spend their money now?
Try getting a life of your very own.

If she wants to spend her money of piles of toothpicks, it's her choice.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join