It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12, now 15 sick in leroy, cover up official, public denied testing at school

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

i understand your distrust of erin b

its reasonable without a doubt

however, in this situation, her status is a good one in my opinion

this issue in my opinion needs publicity, the people need to all see this situation and demand an answer

like you said, as long as someone does the testing thats whats important

as far as the study you showed, where they say the area is safe as of 09, well, from history we have learned studies can be easily manipulated and i have a hard time trusting that, especially now that the school is denying access to testing

also perhaps one area they tested was fine, but 5 feet away may be extremely contaminated, it really depends on the thoroughness of the testing

personally, i have no problem with the site being tested privately by every resident involved all using different labs

i see no problem with that, we all deserve the best answers we can get, the school bringing police and denying access really raises major flags for me

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I can appreciate what you have said there. Taking the time to think about the
possibilities of ongoing contamination at least imo is important to finding out what
could be going on with these children. If I were the parent, nothing would stop me.

Originally posted by charles1952

I think Brockovitch would find a false cause that would delay the proper treatment for a child.

That would be a bad thing, so whatever happens I hope that would not be the outcome.

By the way, do we know what the school has done to try to find a cause?

I know that they allowed some people to recently walk through, but
they did not allow any samples to be taken.

For now, thats all I am aware of.

edit on 29-1-2012 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
im glad mods have left this post open

and i appreciate the respect for the situation given by all posters

i look at the other threads on this topic and its filled with nonsense and disrespect, bickering, and wild speculation

at least one thread is still seemingly on track and dealing with the issues and presenting them responsibly for people to see

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
2 more girls have reported similar symptoms in Corinth, NY- in Saratoga County (about 250 miles from LeRoy)
I grew up in Saratoga Springs, NY, about 20 minutes from Corinth.

They've found a connection to LeRoy-
over the summer the 2 girls ate at a restaurant in LeRoy.

Visit links for video/more info:

www.wivb.com...

www.libertyconfidential.com...

I read an interesting comment on another forum, that I hadn't thought of-
the doctors don't get paid/insurance not reimbursed without a diagnosis.

Definitely explains why they settled on Conversion Disorder.
It's merely a diagnosis by exclusion.
They even admit it.

edit on 30-1-2012 by ltinycdancerg because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I think I've found something that might be useful, it's from the school district superintendent.

January 27, 2012

Our community has suddenly found itself at the center of national attention due to the students who have been exhibiting neurological symptoms. This has led to much speculation, conjecture and misinformation in the national media and consequently within our community. While many of these individuals and organizations may have the best of intentions, our District and community need to ensure we are receiving sound advice from highly qualified professionals, void of self-interest.

From the outset, the School District has been coordinating with the Genesee County Health Department, the New York State Department of Health, the Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) and the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). We continue to work with these agencies and members of the medical community on a daily basis. Independently, we have hired Leader Professional Services, Inc., an environmental hygiene and safety services company, to review the environmental testing that has been conducted to-date within the school and the community. Leader will determine if they have additional recommendations for how to proceed based upon their review. It is our hope that the recent offer of assistance by the National Institutes of Health will also help to shed light on this situation. Be assured that we will continue to work with these organizations to complete a thorough review of the matter. We know that our affected students and parents will work with their own private health care professionals and we will continue to support them in their recoveries.

We also want to assure all parents that the Board, administration, teachers, staff and I have not lost sight that we have a responsibility to all of our 1286 students who are still trying to focus and work hard to prepare themselves for the next step in their advancement, whether it is progressing to the next grade, admission to the college of their choice, or pursuing their chosen vocation. The medical professionals have been clear that the best thing we can do as a district and community for the wellbeing of all our students is to provide an emotionally stable environment and normalcy to their daily lives. Our staff has been working hard to do so and will continue their good work with our students every day.

In closing, we are aware of the many views and theories that individuals have brought forward as the root cause of the symptoms. We implore the media and others to be mindful that speculation and accusations without facts or in-depth medical and scientific knowledge is harmful and disruptive to the emotional wellbeing of our students. It can negatively impact the ability of the professionals who are dealing directly with the issue and working hard to gain a clear understanding of the situation to expedite the process and restore the health of our affected students.

Kim M. Cox

Superintendent of Schools

www.leroycsd.org...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join