It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12, now 15 sick in leroy, cover up official, public denied testing at school

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
www.democratandchronicle.com...

Representatives of environmental crusader Erin Brockovich and an accompanying group of reporters were ordered off the grounds of LeRoy Junior-Senior High School on Saturday in an episode connected to a cluster of students there with unusual neurological symptoms.

No one was arrested, a spokesman for the LeRoy Central School District said Saturday afternoon. But a statement released by the district denounced the sample collection as "grandstanding" and said any samples gathered would have "no scientific value."

yea, testing and sample collecting is just nonsense, theres no scientific value, WHAT GARBAGE! death to all corrupt!!!

As many as 15 students have come forward with such symptoms since last summer or fall.

yea 15 are incredibly sick yet taking samples is nonsense grandstanding!

there are many articles on this subject in the d and c, i highly recommend browsing the site for all of the articles

www.whec.com...

Their parents had called Brockovich for help, and now her team of investigators, including Bowcock, would like to get to the bottom of it all. Bowcock started around the Le Roy High School. He looked at ground water and soil at a nearby park for anything out of the ordinary. It wasn't long before they ran into a road block. The school placed locks on all the entrances to the sports field. “Look at the settling, kick up some dirt, look at what the kids are experiencing on a day-in day-out basis. I just think it is pretty pathetic and unfortunate that we come out to help people and the public officials are blocking us,” Bowcock concluded. Within minutes local police showed up and a school security guard told the crew they couldn't go on the property until the school's lawyer showed up.

its absolutely absurd that we the people are met with such aggression and hostility just for trying to get to the bottom of a very serious problem

there are now 15 students at least with these symptoms that have come forward publicly, probably many more behind the scenes

there was a chemical spill involving cyanide and tce in 1970, the spill was never cleaned up, witnesses report steel drums are still on site and are rusting and still currently leaking these chemicals according to these news websites and tv reports

there is even a limestone quarry where these kids swim that is right near the accident site, and private investigators and testers believe that is an area where the chemicals are seeping directly into

the majority of private doctors in the local news now believe it is directly related to these symptoms, tried to do private testing and were met by school officials and police and were denied the right to take samples

there are even reports that the earth contaminated by the spill was later used in building the school grounds *this has all been reported by news 10 and the d and c locally*

the only reason to deny the right to take samples are blatant cover up

this is not vaccine related like so many wanted to shout about
this is not some psychological nonsense, the girls are not making it up, nor are they crazy

this is a serious issue, on the two websites there are many different articles about this story

i basically summed up the info in many of the recent articles

theres also speculation that has not been confirmed yet, that its also starting to affect boys and one of the most recent cases was a male, but this is still unconfirmed

either way, we the people must stay on top of this case

we all need to know why an industrial chemical spill of cyanide and tce was left right where it crashed since the 70s and 40+ years later is still not cleaned up

imagine how many other sites are like this around our nation

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by abovesecret

Thanks for reminding us about this issue. It sounds eerily suspicious, like there definitely has to be something going on. I'm inclined to go and dig for more information about it now. I'll let you know if i come up with anything.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Public school facilities have ceased to be public facilities.

Fences, locks, no access.

HEY, I AM PAYING FOR THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
This is not a case of the public being denied testing, or "we the people" being turned away. It's Erin Brockovich who is being turned away.

Brockovich forced a settlement in the case they made a movie from. She recieved a $2 million dollar bonus. When all the figures were examined, it was found that they did not support Brockovich's case at all.

In 2003, she sued a high school in California for pollution. Time magazine called it "Junk Science" as did other writers.

Erin Brokovich is not we the people, and I wouldn't want her anywhere near my land, either.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

I bet that the school cafeteria serves GMO food
and contaminated milk.
Wonder how many of those kids that are infected
eat at the cafeteria

edit on 29/1/12 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ToneDeaf

I don't know the answers to your questions, but I can offer some thoughts. How do we know it's an infection? One theory in the Huffington Post suggests that it may be a neurological condition brought on by too much time looking at computer and other electronic screens. You know, like blinking lights bringing on epileptic seizures.

If the cafeteria was the source of an infection, don't you think more people would have come down with something? I suppose they serve hundreds of meals per day, and they've been doing it for a long time now. You may be right, but I suspect the answer lies somewhere else.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
15 girls from the same school get Tourettes like symptoms and the school doesnt wanna investigate. Very fishy,.Is the goverment doing tests on students now? Well Isnt surprising really but it is very sad.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Hey Charles...Time Magazine also made Hitler Man of the year...Is that your best source?

Better yet why don't you prove us all wrong and drink the ground water from the region. I think we'd all be happy to fund your journalistic mission...provided you are not the only witness...I'll pledge 50$ any other supporters?

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Just my 2 cents, who owns TIME magazine?

Sometimes the obvious ... the EPA needs a mouthpiece somwhere in the MSM.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
This is not a case of the public being denied testing, or "we the people" being turned away. It's Erin Brockovich who is being turned away.

Brockovich forced a settlement in the case they made a movie from. She recieved a $2 million dollar bonus. When all the figures were examined, it was found that they did not support Brockovich's case at all.

In 2003, she sued a high school in California for pollution. Time magazine called it "Junk Science" as did other writers.

Erin Brokovich is not we the people, and I wouldn't want her anywhere near my land, either.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

i strongly recommend ignoring my colorful rhetoric and deal more with the facts and the real issues at hands

Erin B may have been one of the ones turned away, but she isnt there on her own, shes there representing at least SOME of the sick families involved

i very much urge everyone to ignore the celebrity, ignore the propaganda and focus on the facts

cyanide and tce were spilled in 1970 in a train derailment, the steel drums containing these products are still on site according to recent news reports, rusting and leaking their contents

some kids swim in a limestone quarry in an area the chemicals are leaching into

we know all of that, and now we know the school and police have publicly denied access for testing

we also have reports earth from the area of the spill was used to build the school ground

this is a serious matter, its not some fake mental thing, its not some gimmick, its not some balloon boy story, the families deserve respect, and the public deserves answers and they deserve to do whatever testing they wish to do

its a public school, funded by the public ultimately owned by the public and used by the public, the public deserves to have access for testing

that access has been denied, in my book thats a cover up period

its also a crime against the public along with being an insult to the public, its truly adding insult to injury to the families involved

as an aside i also want to report that its been said not all the girls have had the gardasil vaccine so thats how that has been ruled out

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

reply to post by ToneDeaf

One theory in the Huffington Post suggests that it may be a neurological condition brought on by too much time looking at computer and other electronic screens. You know, like blinking lights bringing on epileptic seizures.

If the cafeteria was the source of an infection, don't you think more people would have come down with something? I suppose they serve hundreds of meals per day, and they've been doing it for a long time now. You may be right, but I suspect the answer lies somewhere else.

no offense but i find the computer and electronic excuse insulting to the families involved

seriously, like you say later on with the cafeteria situation

if it was electronic related computer related, half the nation would be experiencing issues not just 15 kids in leroy

as for the cafeteria thing, no matter what its all speculation at this point and thats why the public needs to be allowed to do its own testing

one thing i speculate is that if its the cyanide/tce situation, then the kids who have been exposed the most are the ones who are showing symptoms, combined with differences in immune systems and each persons individual reactions to these specific chemicals

not everyone reacts the same to the same amount

but again, thats just my own speculation, we the people, we the public deserve to get our own answers and do our own testing as in the past, we have been lied to and have no reason to trust what we are told, plus why should we if we can find the answer for ourselves

its like using a table for your math homework

you can easily look up on the table that two and two is 4, but you can also add it up on your own and make sure the numbers correct

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by RightWingAvenger

What a fascinating idea. With conditions, I accept your offer. I want someone else to pay to get me out there and back with whatever necessary food and lodging (see my mini-profile). I want a doctor to do a chemical work up to show what is (or more likely, isn't) in my body, preferably before and after. I want the rights to full control over publicity. I'll give you a liability waiver. The amount of water drunk is to be determined, you wouldn't accept an ounce and I won't accept a gallon. And I want you to talk at least one more person to come in on the deal. $50 seems cheap. Oh, and it has to have site owner approval.

Let me know when you want to talk.

Now, about Brockovitch's reputation. A number of facts are found here: fumento.com...

and here:www.fumento.com...

and here:reason.com...

and here:www.quackwatch.org...

There are more. But I think it justifies putting a more neutral team in place. After all, if she says she found something, she stands to make millions again.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

reply to post by RightWingAvenger

What a fascinating idea. With conditions, I accept your offer. I want someone else to pay to get me out there and back with whatever necessary food and lodging (see my mini-profile). I want a doctor to do a chemical work up to show what is (or more likely, isn't) in my body, preferably before and after. I want the rights to full control over publicity. I'll give you a liability waiver. The amount of water drunk is to be determined, you wouldn't accept an ounce and I won't accept a gallon. And I want you to talk at least one more person to come in on the deal. $50 seems cheap. Oh, and it has to have site owner approval.

Let me know when you want to talk.

Now, about Brockovitch's reputation. A number of facts are found here: fumento.com...

and here:www.fumento.com...

and here:reason.com...

and here:www.quackwatch.org...

There are more. But I think it justifies putting a more neutral team in place. After all, if she says she found something, she stands to make millions again.

"to have site owner approval" your taking about only Residents in an 4 mile Radius of the spill site right,,
radius as in a full 4 mile circle,, residents get too vote on WHERE the SAMPLE is taken from,,

OPEN to all Residents, who have too MOVE in the last Year from this /todays date,, starting NOW.

I'd pay .50 cents to watch that on COURT T.V,, or something like it,, amybe a WWF Extraniganza,Pay Per View event..

50 cents,, shmucks,,, lol

Me.

Besides,,, there hasn't been a good COURT 'TRIAL since,,

O.J.

Me.
edit on 29-1-2012 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by abovesecret
imagine how many other sites are like this around our nation

All I can say is "You don't want to know..."

I talked to a Union Pacific "higher-up" several years ago. He said there is a UP "Classified" derailment once every 10 minutes in the U.S. (meaning it is classed as a derailment, not top secret classified coverup stuff). Union Pacific pretty much owns about a mile on either side of their train tracks. When a train derails in the middle of nowhere, it is easier and cheaper (note: CHEAPER) just to bury it on site and get on with business. Pay for the cargo lost, and call it a day.

Like I said, you really don't want to know. I come from Cheyenne, and have been finding out some of the stuff we lived with because of the military bases and railroad. In Laramie, there is a huge concrete ruins that used to be a chemical plant during WWII. I grew up in that neighborhood until we moved to Cheyenne when I was 7. Crazy, nasty stuff, and we live IN it. All over America is nasty dumping grounds, it seems.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   

You really want to expose yourself to Cyanide and TCE? corrected

I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt, however you continue
to ignore the facts.

Lets look at the FACTS.

The Lehigh Valley R ailroad site in LeRoy, Genesee County, New York is the location of
a chemical spill that resulted from a 1970 train derailment. the site consists of portions of
Gulf Road, the former railroad be d, and the properties adjacent to the crossing.

The site is in a rural setting, and the surrounding area is used for residential,
recreational, and commercial purposes. An intermittent stream, Mud Creek, is
located approximately 500 feet to the southeast. The derailment occurred at approximately
3:30 a.m. on Sunday , December 6, 1970. Approximately 1 ton of CYANIDE crystals spil led
onto the ground. The cleanup included the removal of the cry stals and the overturned car.

After the crystals were removed, n eutralizers were spread on the ground to counteract
the effects of any remaining CYANIDE. TRICHLOROETHYLENE (TCE)
was also releas ed from two ruptured tank cars.

www.epa.gov...

DO you know what a superfund site is?

edit on 29-1-2012 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

You really want to expose yourself to Cyanide and THC?

I can't resist... the Cyanide? Nope, no thanks... but the THC, well....

Obviously meant TCE, but like I said... I couldn't help it.
edit on 29-1-2012 by Earthscum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Earthscum

Yep, typo.
thanks, I'll correct that!

Since I am at it...

PUBLIC HEALTH ASSESSMENT

LEHIGH VALLEY RAILROAD DERAILMENT SITE
(a/k/a LEHIGH VALLEY RAILROAD
TOWN OF LEROY, GENESEE COUNTY, NEW YORK

The ATSDR ( CDC ) has investigated as recently as 2009, and here is the conclusion...

Human studies on exposure to trichloroethene in drinking water during pregnancy suggest that there may be an association between oral trichloroethene exposure and childhood leukemia and birth defects (e.g., neural tube defects, oral cleft defects and congenital heart defects) (ATSDR, 1997). In each of these studies, the mothers were exposed to chemicals other than trichloroethene; therefore, the observed effects on the developing fetus may have been from some factor other than trichloroethene. Thus, these studies suggest, but cannot prove, that the developing fetus may have increased sensitivity to the effects of trichloroethene. The actions taken to reduce exposure to trichloroethene in private wells will help ensure that the potential risks are minimized.

CONCLUSIONS

Based on the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry's public health hazard category classification (see Appendix C), the Lehigh Valley Railroad Derailment site was a public health hazard in the past because of exposures to trichloroethene in some private drinking water supply wells at levels that could pose an increased risk of cancer and noncancer effects. Studies suggest, but cannot prove, that the developing fetus may have increased sensitivity to the effects of trichloroethene. Exposure to trichloroethene has occurred via ingestion, inhalation and dermal contact for possibly as long as about 20 years. The actions taken to reduce exposure to trichloroethene in private wells will help ensure that the potential risks are minimized. The site currently presents no apparent public health hazard because treatment systems were installed to reduce exposures. Future exposure could occur if trichloroethene migrates into additional private water supply wells, if new wells are installed within the contaminant plume or if treatment systems are not maintained.

RECOMMENDATIONS
1.The remedial action plan presented in the NYS DEC Record of Decision (ROD) should be carried out to provide an alternate water supply and permanently dissociate people from the contaminated water.
www.atsdr.cdc.gov...

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Dear Everyone,

You know I'm easily confused, and there are some indications that I may have found a new depth with this thread. May I summarize my thoughts, then you all can set me straight. I'd much rather be corrected and apologize than have wrong ideas in my head.

This seems to be a real condition unrelated to Gardisil. But I thought there was uncertainty over the cause, virus, bacteria, poison, or that Huffington Post theory about some kids being particularly susceptible to electronics. I have no idea which one, or combination, it is.

I am all in favor of testing the site. I would have thought it had already been done, but in any event, a thorough job should be done. I just don't want the team to be associated with Brockovitch for what I think are good reasons. But bring a good team in. Fly up a crew from Johns Hopkins or the EPA, all fine with me.

I didn't realize the derailment site was so close to the school that they are getting their water from it. (If that's the way you think they're getting it.) But since the derailment site seems to be the big culprit in everyone's mind, I looked at the public health assessment you so kindly posted.

I read:

PUBLIC HEALTH ASSESSMENT
LEHIGH VALLEY RAILROAD DERAILMENT SITE

The ATSDR ( CDC ) has investigated as recently as 2009, and here is the conclusion...

Thus, these studies suggest, but cannot prove, that the developing fetus may have increased sensitivity to the effects of trichloroethene.

Exposure to trichloroethene has occurred via ingestion, inhalation and dermal contact for possibly as long as about 20 years. The actions taken to reduce exposure to trichloroethene in private wells will help ensure that the potential risks are minimized. The site currently presents no apparent public health hazard because treatment systems were installed to reduce exposures.
(Emphasis added)

That was why I'm not concerned about drinking the water the kids drank, or breathing their air. (Oh, on the deal when I said site owners I originally meant ATS' site owners, but permission of the land owners is a good idea. And what's with 50 CENTS? No way.

Anyway it wasn't my idea to contradict anyone. I just found the situation confusing and wanted to express my confusion.

With respect and gratitude,
Charles1952

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

I just somehow think if this was one of your children affected by this, you
may not really care who got to the bottom of the 40 year old mess.

In no way is that last snippet the complete synopsis of the superfund site.
ATS rules limit three paragraphs of snippet.

Dont underestimate the words in that report "can not be proven"

You see, those girls could be children of parents who drank contaminated water
when they were in the womb. (fetus) So they may have a predispostion from exposure
from infancy.

This also reeks to high heaven of a conspiracy, that reminds me of
Camp Lejeune

edit on 29-1-2012 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Dear burntheships,

Thank you, I agree with just about everything you said.

I must admit I forgot the three paragraph rule.
And you're right just a snippet can easily change the whole meaning. I could be wildly wrong because of that, I didn't look at the whole thing.

And, you're also right that "can not be proven" can mean an 80% chance, and those are terrible odds.

And, again, you could very well be right that these kids developed a sensitivity based on the parents drinking the water back in '95 (15 year old kids?), but I thought that by then it was at least largely cleaned up. (But I don't know that)

And you are right that I would want someone to get to the bottom of the mess, but I think Brockovitch would find a false cause that would delay the proper treatment for a child.

But as far as conspiracy goes, keeping Brockovitch out isn't evidence for one in my mind. By the way, do we know what the school has done to try to find a cause?

Anyway, thanks for talking to me.

With respect,
Charles1952

top topics

<<   2 >>

join