It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Okay, so maybe now I need a medium?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I've posted threads about the noises in my walls, and while everyone's been really helpful in explaining how it's either the place expanding, contracting, settling, falling in on itself, and/or animals living and making noises in my firewall, I haven't gotten a single response that aligns with the actual phenomena that's occurring. In fact, since my last thread on this topic, the "snaps" have become taps, and they've moved from the wall to just about 2 feet in front of the wall (on the ceiling) and have begun to only cluster in measured intervals - as if whatever it is that's doing them is trying to keep from being debunked and therefore dismissed.

That said, on Wednesday of last week, it ratcheted up the action a little, and this time, it made sure I couldn't debunk it.

This effort involved turning on my hot water faucet in the downstairs bathroom and letting in run while I was in another part of the house posting on this board. The light was also on, but that could've been my own inattentiveness after having used the bathroom about an hour and a half before taking on my daily visit to this place for fun and enlightenment. Here's a quick bulleted rundown of the specifics.

• I used the bathroom at about 10:30AM on Wednesday, and then left the area to work on my Metaphysics stuff here on the ATS board
  • When I enter the bathroom, I sweep both switches with edge of my right hand (light and fan) and when I leave I sweep those switches with my left hand. I struggle - to varying degrees - with OCD, so my activities are generally very predictable and consistent, and that part of this overview is notable in this specific instance
  • When I walked back through to get something from my office (a video camera, in fact) I walked past the bathroom and noticed the light was on, but the fan was not on.
  • I then noticed that the water was running full blast, that the water was hot and steam was rising slightly from it, and that the left faucet handle was pulled forward all the way.
  • I tested the temperature of the water (with my finger) and it was very hot
  • I turned it off and immediately forgot about why I was getting my camera - let's face it, I was surprised by the running water since I hadn't been in that area for over an hour and no one is home during the day but me (I work at home and my wife works in a hospital during the day)

So, this was a curiosity for a few days, but until last night I wasn't going to attribute it to anything other than my own inability to remember (possibly) having turned that water on and selected only the fan (instead of both fan and light switches) to turn off before leaving the bathroom. Truth is that I hate making a claim that could end up being debunked later on.

Yesterday, on advice from a pal of mine who doesn't believe a damn thing unless it's been proven beyond any doubt, I got my wife to allow me to run that faucet for an hour to see if the hot water heater was capable of keeping up with the water flow without running cold. This was the test that my friend suggested to see if I could've simply walked off on a running tap and come back an hour later and the water would still be hot.

The test proved that while the water heater did its best to keep up, after 40 minutes or so, it simply ran out of heated water to the faucet and the water got closer to room temperature. After an hour, it was stone cold.

That means that the faucet was pulled forward during the span of time that I know I was on this board. It wasn't something that I forgot that I did when I was in that bathroom, and the temperature of the water that was running full-blast from that faucet is proof that I did not turn that faucet on.

So, now I need to determine who the hell it is that I have in my house. I want to believe its a friend, but the truth is that it could be anyone. How does one go about determining such a thing, and are there any honest and reputable people who have the ability to determine the identity of one of these things?

Oh, and don't waste you time posting that you can debunk this. You can't. You were not there, you do not know my house. You don't know me or anything about me, and I have better things to think about than whether you believe any of this or not. Your time will be better spent explaining why Obama is the AntiChrist in some other thread.

I just need some good information about ways to accurately determine whether I have a stranger or a friend in my house.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
If it is indeed a paranormal presence, politely ask it to cease its more annoying activities...precedent cases have shown that, with friendly entities, this can work.

If it doesn't, then keep an eye out for increasingly aggressive or antagonistic behavior. If the severity does increase, you may be dealing with a poltergeist, in which case you'll need to examine the emotional state of your home, which has been shown to be a common factor among poltergeist cases.

If the activity continues despite your best efforts to maintain a calm household, or if the effects include a mentally derailed wife and/or children, then it would be best to call in paranormal experts.

My advice stems from multiple books and shows and general paranormal research. Usually, it doesn't get too bad. Be on the look out for increased (and I mean VERY NOTICEABLE increase, not just tiny things) severity in behavior. And whatever you do, don't encourage the activities or convince yourself it will get worse.

Studies suggest poltergeist activity is latent psychokinesis (moving objects with the mind) at work, so you must be sure to rule it out.
edit on CSundaypm515107f07America/Chicago29 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Pretty freaky, you could try hold a seance or a ouija board?, be carefull with getting meduims in try to get a reputable one there are alot of sharks. Sounds like either way you need to find out for sure now u know that the tap was turned on after you had left the room.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankel
Pretty freaky, you could try hold a seance or a ouija board?, be carefull with getting meduims in try to get a reputable one there are alot of sharks. Sounds like either way you need to find out for sure now u know that the tap was turned on after you had left the room.

Sences are dangerous and sketchy in any setting. It invites the possibly malicious spirit that you may not be aware is present into your home; additionally, this gives the spirit permission to access any of your family members. In essence, a seance gives full run of the house.

Ouija is precisely the same, but amplified. It can and very possibly will allow malicious spirits into your home. The effects may not be obvious, but they will be costly. Think of vampires...some entities will drain your livelihood and raise negative energies.

Ouija and seances? Do neither of these. They will only attract the attention of local spirits. Most people these days are ignorant in matters of safely performing such rituals, and will most likely do you more harm than good. Consult an expert if you must, but do not toy with the paranormal.
edit on CSundaypm242425f25America/Chicago29 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
If you decide to get a medium make sure they have references you can contact. Opening up communications done by someone who does not know what they are doing can be dangerous and often leaves you with a larger problem because the portal is left wide open when they leave.
You need to try to record and document any of these events to help people better understand what you are experiencing. You can pm me with more details and I will give you any suggestions that might help you.
I live with paranormal activity on a daily basis since childhood. There are questions that need to be answered.
Send me a pm if you want my help.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Well, I am just going to tell you what I thought when I read the story, make of it what you will, and I base this on my own experiences as well as what you describe.

I had a knocking spirit for a while.
When I reached the point of questioning if what I was experiencing was just me or was there really something to it, that is when the knocking spirit appeared.

3 distinct hard knocks on my kitchen wall. Everyone in the room heard it, and it scared us all. I had to run outside to make sure nothing hit the side of the house, and no one was there of course.
by the time the knocking spirit came, I had already been questioning myself for a long time. Dismissing things as lucky guesses or coincidence.
The knocking spirit came at the same time that I met a very VERY gifted medium who shall remain anonymous.
The knocking was telling me to pay attention to spirit again.

So my question is to you, have you had much self doubt lately in your own abilities?
Perhaps it is just to show you to pay attention,
they are there.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I have had very similar experiences in my home with a spirit, whom I have 'seen' and I am under the impression it's a little boy. I've had things move in front of my eyes, and have put something down, turned around and come back to find it gone, only to have it show up in the same place I had left it maybe weeks later. I've had footsteps in the same room, and can hear someone running up and down my stairs quite often, though it is an unmistakeable stomping noise. Just like you I have also had faucets turn on... I like the peace and quiet and my office is next to the kitchen, and a lot of times in the silence suddenly the kitchen tap will turn on full blast.

It used to be very unsettling for me but now I welcome it. A majority of these things have been witnessed by others - friends, family members and neighbours. My mother had an experience in my home and, up until that point, she had been completely unconvinced that there was anything on the other side that could communicate with us here.

I would be very cautious if you do decide to turn to a psychic or medium, as most of them [that I have experienced] are just in it to manipulate others out of their money. I think that your best bet would be to just welcome it with love, let it know that it is allowed to be there, as it doesn't seem to mean any harm. Stay away from the ouija board, don't try to 'summon' it or any other spirits. As another member stated, if it is good, simply asking it to stop should do the trick if it is getting to the point where you can't handle the shennanigans.

When I became more open to the spirit in my home, he began to calm down a bit and even showed himself a few times [and no offense to him as I love him dearly, but he is a hideous little bugger...].

This is something you should be able to deal with on your own but if you do decide to turn to outside help I would really do your research there.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

I'd be really careful in how you approach this. As prior posters mention, contacting it by way of seance or ouija board is not a good idea. If you invite more interaction, you might get it.

The experience you described does hint at a paranormal one, particularly if you were alone there and the water was on full blast. This doesn't happen unless it is turned on. You would have noticed that.

I remember your previous post, and because you tied the knocking sound to a mechanical thing (heater, I believe?) being on, it pointed to non-paranormal sources for the sounds.

In the case you just mentioned, it doesn't rule out non-paranormal sources, but I'd be hard pressed to figure out how the water would turn on by itself. The light switch is less convincing, simply because everyone has done that - thought they turned off a switch and later found they had forgotten.

In my experience at our house, we had physical things happening, and some were destructive. What finally did the trick was to ask out loud for mutual respect. The activity stopped when we asked for it to stop. I think it's still around here. But things are peaceful now.

So, if you want it to stop, set that intent and ask with respect for this. JMO

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
Well, I am just going to tell you what I thought when I read the story, make of it what you will, and I base this on my own experiences as well as what you describe.

When I reached the point of questioning if what I was experiencing was just me or was there really something to it, that is when the knocking spirit appeared.

3 distinct hard knocks on my kitchen wall. Everyone in the room heard it, and it scared us all. I had to run outside to make sure nothing hit the side of the house, and no one was there of course.
by the time the knocking spirit came, I had already been questioning myself for a long time. Dismissing things as lucky guesses or coincidence.
The knocking spirit came at the same time that I met a very VERY gifted medium who shall remain anonymous.

So my question is to you, have you had much self doubt lately in your own abilities?
they are there.

Loved this answer.

My parents experienced this in their home in the lead up to my father being diagnosed as terminally ill.

The taps coming on by themselves was the most frequent happening.

I think it was about showing that there was something else there - turning his attention back to spirit prior to his death.

Not that I am saying anyone in your house is going to die!

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   

I like the idea your friend suggested you try, i would like to suggest another idea for you to try. You said you used the bathroom before this event but i don't recall reading if you mentioned using the sink itself. (ill re-read your thread and edit this out if you did mention that and i over looked it) I'm gonna assume you did use the sink.

Okay, start off by turning your hot water on, let it run for awhile (5 minutes should be plenty of time) and once its hot, turn off the water but not all the way, leave the water on just enough to drip. Now walk away and wait a good while to check and see if the water has turned on.

I'm assuming you may not have turned the faucet off completely or that when its turned off it still drips. If this is the case the hot water in the pipe may of built up enough steam to open the valve enough to let water begin to flow out. I got the idea to try this off the net but now i can't find the source, so my idea may or may not work. I did find other explanations that could cause your faucet to come on.

wiki answers

quote from the source above

The kitchen faucet tap is threaded and is kept stationary by an upward force from the water supply. A sudden surge of pressure from somewhere else in the pipeline releases the pressure on the tap allowing the tap to move freely. While there is still a little pressure remaining on the tap it will of course take the path of least resistance and open up a little. This seems to happen more frequently as the tap threads continue to wear.

start the clip below at 5:26. the ghost hunters give a good explanation to why a faucet would turn on.

good luck with finding the answers to the odd happenings in your house.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by strafgod

I remember that TAPS episode!

Always wanted to try ghost hunting.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

Originally posted by Frankel

Sences are dangerous and sketchy in any setting. It invites the possibly malicious spirit that you may not be aware is present into your home; additionally, this gives the spirit permission to access any of your family members. In essence, a seance gives full run of the house.

Ouija is precisely the same, but amplified. It can and very possibly will allow malicious spirits into your home. The effects may not be obvious, but they will be costly. Think of vampires...some entities will drain your livelihood and raise negative energies.

Ouija and seances? Do neither of these. They will only attract the attention of local spirits. Most people these days are ignorant in matters of safely performing such rituals, and will most likely do you more harm than good. Consult an expert if you must, but do not toy with the paranormal.
edit on CSundaypm242425f25America/Chicago29 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

I'm going to agree with this. I don't want to get into ritualism or stuff that magnifies this issue in fact or - just as troublesome - in the mind of my wife. It hasn't done anything malicious, so no one's freaked out about it. I'd like it to stay that way. My real concern is the identity of whatever it is.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by strafgod

I like the idea your friend suggested you try, i would like to suggest another idea for you to try. You said you used the bathroom before this event but i don't recall reading if you mentioned using the sink itself. (ill re-read your thread and edit this out if you did mention that and i over looked it) I'm gonna assume you did use the sink.

Didn't use the sink, so.....

The kitchen faucet tap is threaded and is kept stationary by an upward force from the water supply. A sudden surge of pressure from somewhere else in the pipeline releases the pressure on the tap allowing the tap to move freely. While there is still a little pressure remaining on the tap it will of course take the path of least resistance and open up a little. This seems to happen more frequently as the tap threads continue to wear.

The faucets in the place were replaced in November of 2009. Fancy ones. Dark brown Moens. This model here - www.faucetdirect.com... . I have no reason to think they've already become worn out.

start the clip below at 5:26. the ghost hunters give a good explanation to why a faucet would turn on.

good luck with finding the answers to the odd happenings in your house.

If these were the original 20 yr old faucets, then I'd consider that possibility. Thanks for the info though.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

they are there.

I don't know what abilities it might be referring to if that's the case. I know that passed human beings exist, and I know that they can be in an area without being stranded in that area. If this is a human being, then I'm fine with that. As long as I know who it is. This is what I'm trying to determine, but if it is someone, then it's someone who's fairly new at this communication sort of thing. In fact, its almost as if I can map its progress as a communicator. That's what's got me puzzled and a little intrigued. I hope that I know who it is, but the possibility that it's someone I don't know bothers me.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

I don't know what abilities it might be referring to if that's the case. I know that passed human beings exist, and I know that they can be in an area without being stranded in that area. If this is a human being, then I'm fine with that. As long as I know who it is. This is what I'm trying to determine, but if it is someone, then it's someone who's fairly new at this communication sort of thing. In fact, its almost as if I can map its progress as a communicator. That's what's got me puzzled and a little intrigued. I hope that I know who it is, but the possibility that it's someone I don't know bothers me.

Ok, here is the deal. Again, take it for what you will. I am not here to prove or disprove anything.
Allow me a minute here to collect my intuitive thoughts and get the process going....*deep breath*

Billy. Male presence. Wants you to know that he was there.
Will continue to pester you because he thinks it is fun.
It confuses you because it is not supposed to be but yet is.
What is happening is an internal conflict between your senses and common sense. He enjoys seeing you squirm a little bit. He means no harm, but wants to remind you that he is there. He gave me an image of a golden heart and pearls on red velvet, whatever that means I dunno,but it should verify him to you in some way if not now, in the near future as that is how spirit works.

You or someone around you are a natural intuitive, so he is drawn to you.
It is someone you know, but the connection is not clear to me, almost like it is a childhood friend.

Take it with a grain of salt.
I was very hesitant to post this for you, as I do not practice anymore, but I always feel that anything I post has to be documented somewhere, so that it can be looked at later.

Good luck with your spirit.
The doors are open for you if you want to be your own medium.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deebz

I would be very cautious if you do decide to turn to a psychic or medium, as most of them [that I have experienced] are just in it to manipulate others out of their money. I think that your best bet would be to just welcome it with love, let it know that it is allowed to be there, as it doesn't seem to mean any harm. Stay away from the ouija board, don't try to 'summon' it or any other spirits. As another member stated, if it is good, simply asking it to stop should do the trick if it is getting to the point where you can't handle the shennanigans.

This is how I've been approaching whats been going on. I'm not scared of whatever it is, and I do talk to it when it does its wall taps and such, so if it is a person, then he/she knows that it's okay to hang out if that's what it wants to do. I have a very casual attitude about non-corporeal people. The issue is more about who this person is, since I have a close friend who passed in 2009 and a younger brother who passed in June of 2011. Beyond them, I don't have any close connections with anyone who's passed. The issue also is that my brother really seemed to hate me when he passed, or was at least abnormally fixated on me in a negative sense, and if it's him, I need to pass him on and with profound prejudice.

If it's neither of them, then a book I recently published could be the magnet issue, and if so, then I need to know if it's a good thing or a really bad thing. The book roundly and successfully debunks a whole swath of traditional wisdom items, including the whole "God reigns in a heaven of some sort that exists just beyond the veil of death" meme. This would be the concern if what's building up here is centered on what I've published and the potential impact it could have on both people that are alive and people who've passed already. After all, information (residual information) is accessible by people regardless of which realm they inhabit, so who knows the impact of this information on anyone who's accessed it within one of the many perception realms that exist in the "hereafter". It could easily cause some instability if - as residual data - it changed the perceptions of some who accessed it.

Yes, it's not a normal concern for most people with this sort of thing happening in their home, but the last few years have been anything but normal for me.

edit on 1/30/2012 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Ok, here is the deal. Again, take it for what you will. I am not here to prove or disprove anything.
Allow me a minute here to collect my intuitive thoughts and get the process going....*deep breath*

Billy. Male presence. Wants you to know that he was there.
Will continue to pester you because he thinks it is fun.
It confuses you because it is not supposed to be but yet is.
What is happening is an internal conflict between your senses and common sense. He enjoys seeing you squirm a little bit. He means no harm, but wants to remind you that he is there. He gave me an image of a golden heart and pearls on red velvet, whatever that means I dunno,but it should verify him to you in some way if not now, in the near future as that is how spirit works.

Billy? Does Billy think that I know him? And if not, then is he playing off my concern for someone that I do/did know? If so, maybe Billy needs to know that my GDI will hurt him very, very deeply for playing me like that. Can you let him know?

You or someone around you are a natural intuitive, so he is drawn to you.
It is someone you know, but the connection is not clear to me, almost like it is a childhood friend.

The intuitive is a childhood friend? Or is Billy a childhood friend?

Take it with a grain of salt.
I was very hesitant to post this for you, as I do not practice anymore, but I always feel that anything I post has to be documented somewhere, so that it can be looked at later.

I really appreciate your post, and thank you for risking the trolls with it. One question before I let you go....could the Billy name refer to someone other than the spirit itself? Maybe a name that is deeply connected to the identity of the spirit, but not the spirit's name per se? Just wondering how clear the gender identity of the entity that you perceived was, and how specific the name was as far as its direct association with the identity of the entity.

Good luck with your spirit.
The doors are open for you if you want to be your own medium.

Thanks. I am profoundly un-psychic and have been my whole life. The only paranormal stuff I've ever sensed is stuff that either moved stuff around, makes a lot of noise or freaks people out that are standing next to me. I literally can't "sense" anything beyond what exists as corporeal in nature. I can imagine that I'm conversing with a spirit (like my friend recently) but I know it's just in my own mind. It's never more than internal dialogue.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Billy? Does Billy think that I know him? And if not, then is he playing off my concern for someone that I do/did know? If so, maybe Billy needs to know that my GDI will hurt him very, very deeply for playing me like that. Can you let him know?

The name that came immediately was Billy, it was almost like I was calling you Billy. That is just the name I got, which is very unusual, because I never have gotten names before, not like that. I kind of opened the connection to pass a message to him, but he laughed. Seems he is not worried.

The intuitive is a childhood friend? Or is Billy a childhood friend?

The connection between you or whoever is the intuit (which I suspect is you although you say no) and the spirit "Billy" which I am assuming is HIS name, but as I said, I don't know, just the name came out immediately.
Basically, you have the name Billy, this all has to do with childhood friends, and someone who is an intuit, or natural psychic that is drawing this to you, which is why I think it is you.
All I can do is give you what images come to my mind, and let you process that. I cannot give you my own opinions really, because that taints what comes through. I even don't understand much of it. Spirit contact for me is much like playing charades with a spirit, I cannot hear them, I see them in my mind, and I have to tell you what I see. I don't even understand it much of the time.

Thanks. I am profoundly un-psychic and have been my whole life. The only paranormal stuff I've ever sensed is stuff that either moved stuff around, makes a lot of noise or freaks people out that are standing next to me. I literally can't "sense" anything beyond what exists as corporeal in nature. I can imagine that I'm conversing with a spirit (like my friend recently) but I know it's just in my own mind. It's never more than internal dialogue.

I took part in a parapsychology test once where I had to "guess" over a set of zenner-like cards and missed EVERY SINGLE one in like a 1000 sets cards. Total lack and I mean complete total lack of ESP.

In fact it was so odd that it had to be brought up later and I was told it was almost statistically imposable. I am a mental medium, meaning everything I see, I see with my mind and in my head, most of the time that is. It is all internal conversation between me, my subconscious and whatever else comes through. You don't give yourself enough credit, you are already doing it and you know it on some level
You resist it.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
When a spirit wants to talk to you, it will find a way. Be it taps, feelings, emotions, old memories, dreams, especially dreams.

Keep a dream journal for a little while,
play with the knocks too.
Start asking questions out loud and develop a connection.
Open up to the awesomeness of the spirit world that loves us all so much and hurts when we hurt ourselves.
And most of all above ALL OTHER THINGS,

BELIEVE AND TRUST IN YOURSELF.

Advice everyone should follow....
Now if I could just follow my own advice

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

When a spirit wants to talk to you, it will find a way. Be it taps, feelings, emotions, old memories, dreams, especially dreams.

Keep a dream journal for a little while,
play with the knocks too.
Start asking questions out loud and develop a connection.
Open up to the awesomeness of the spirit world that loves us all so much and hurts when we hurt ourselves.
And most of all above ALL OTHER THINGS,

BELIEVE AND TRUST IN YOURSELF.

Advice everyone should follow....
Now if I could just follow my own advice

I really appreciate your help in this. I'm feeling pretty settled on what's going on here now, and your input made a big difference in my achieving that. Thanks again. That's quite a talent you have there.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join