It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maine's response to Ron Paul's visit 1-28-2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
My family and I went to listen to Ron Paul talk to today at the University of Maine in Gorham. It was an extremely enlightening experience that I would very much like to share with all Ron Paul supporters. I think that Maine could be a win for Paul. We have had our share of independent governors and are more than willing to think outside of the box. There was a huge turn out and he received a very warm welcome with hardly any counter supporters out in force. Maine's economy has taken a hard hit, as many other states have, I know. As hard as it can be at times we are a resilient state and are hanging in there. Our Governor has tried very hard to focus on the State assistance problem which continues to bleed this economy, I wish that there had been more of a response from Paul about this. Gov. Lepage recently threatened to shut the states schools down for a day so that we could stay on budget. He is trying his best to rob Peter to pay Paul within our State funded programs and DHHS is really digging in their heals. I just wish Paul would have taken more time in our State and listened a little closer to the issues that Mainer's are most concerned with. Although the war on drugs is important, our state does not necessarily have too much trouble with gang wars and crack dealers. Much of his speech revolved around this issue and I have to admit we all left feeling like we had been covered by one huge campaign blanket that he had tried to fit to every state. Up here in the boondocks we are all hard working folk and hands on kind of people, we (my family) really wished he taken more interest in the gains that we have made and shake a few more hard working weathered hands.

I believe it is extremely important in this day and age that are children are taught how to be objective in our political process and to listen to everything a candidate has to offer us. My oldest son will be of age to vote during the coming election and I am trying to help him with the process of coming to an informed decision.

Thanks to all ~
edit on 29-1-2012 by Tonya because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Tonya

they wont touch that subject!!

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Tonya

I am trying to find out if any of the candidates at this point have had anything to say yet concerning the issues surrounding Obama's either legitimate or illegitimate citizenship and presidency.

No...these are serious people...not people who campaign on conspriacy theories.

It wouldn't surprise me if Ron Paul was a birther...but I don't think you will ever hear any of the candidates comment on it.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Tonya

Any candidate bringing up birther stuff automatically goes into my nutjob folder, never to be taken seriously again.

Can't we all grow up and try to address real problems instead of dealing with these childish and repeatedly debunked conspiracy theories?

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Just go straight to your Ron Paul experience report. Your going to get the same responce over and over regarding the birther issue.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
In all fairness you really should tell what Maines response was to RP as it was what brought me in here with a very short period of time to spend online. I am curious as to what not only Maine but you and your family went away with.

Also do you plan to attend others speeches as well or only RP?

It is hard to go see one candidate and remain fair and balanced in your decision making process especially at a young age.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I'm finding your post a bit contradictory Tonja. I agree with a lot of what you said about how its important to educate children and ourselves about policies and to be objective.

The next step after listening to Paul's views / policies and no doubt finding him quite refreshing, would be to do the same with Obama. Think about his policies thus far and if they have benefited you or helped advance the causes you believe in, then look and see what he is saying about what he would carry out in a second term.

I'm not saying its wrong to look at the birth certificate issue, but to me its a diversion, its the policy we should be looking at, as you said yourself.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

It wouldn't surprise me if Ron Paul was a birther....

Ron Paul frightens the Bejeezus outta you, Good.

Be afraid. The Sheep are lifting their heads.
edit on 29-1-2012 by Tw0Sides because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Fair enough. Original post is edited.

I will leave the conspiracy theory out of this. However Devin's question is this. If there is nothing to it, than why doesn't Obama find a way to settle this once and for all! His view is: If he is in this to win, why would he let the issue come to what it did in Georgia? Won't that have a negative impact on his campaign? Why would he let this happen?

Or else, if he is hiding something...wouldn't the other candidates be hoping on the band wagon and running him into the ground.

I think they are legit questions, and I also believe he has a right to ask them.
Please ~ Be kind! We are not here to fight with anyone.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

We are looking to attend ALL of the candidates visits.
Thank you for helping me to make that clear.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
So glad I hit the refresh button before replying. OP you completely re-wrote your opening post, which now makes all the replies above look out-of-whack.

To be fair, you should ask a mod to close this thread and then start over. Drastically changing the OP if unfair to those who replied.

You also seem to be attempting to make this about Birtherism, that is, until you re-wrote the OP. Now your post just looks silly. For the record, Ron Paul is not a birther, even the left-wing champion pundit Chris Mathews states Paul is not a birther.

Ron Paul Was Never A “Birther”
Ron Paul is stamped 'not a birther' by Chris Matthews

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
You are right...this is all screwed up now.

Moderators ~ Can this thread be removed? I'm sorry I screwed it all up. It was not at all what I intended!
I will keep any new thread for this matter tight.

~ Thank you

new topics

top topics

join