It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In there a correlation between the mysterious blue balls of Bournemouth and Asteroid BX34?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Hi All!

May be I have gone mad reading too many Velikovsky books, but I was thinking about those Blue Balls falling from the sky in Bournemouth, United Kingdom this morning and I was chuckling to myself thinking how much it reminded me of stuff Velikovsky described in his theories of catastrophy having taken place many times on earth in our past. Then I was reading about Asteroid BX34 coming so very close to the earth. It struck me even further when I discovered that those blue balls fell late on Thursday afternoon GMT and the asteroid came closest also late Thursday afternoon; 3,30 pm to be precise.

For anyone unfamiliar with either of these two events you may read articles here:

Asteroid BX34 Near Earth Pass (Mail online UK newspaper)

BBC Blue Balls Fall From The Sky

There are also posts on ATS about these two events.

As a coincidence these two events happening at the same time is the most reasonable assumption of a rational mind. However, what is described in the BBC article about the Blue Balls is most interesting. The guy who discovered them in his garden said the sky went a strange yellow colour and hail began to fall. He then found many of these strange Blue Balls in his garden that he said fell from the sky.

As a crazy theory, even just for the fun of it, what if these asteroids do carry very strange chemicals and substances and that some of the gases and debris alongside this asteroid may have penetrated and been burned up in the earth's atmosphere? Is it possible that these Blue Balls are some residue of a chemical interaction: a substance that solidified into this blue jelly as it cooled and fell to earth?

Velikovsky really believed that many substances reached earth from comets and collisions of planets even in remote history. Through examination and comparison of many myths around the world he built up detailed theories of former catastrophies on earth caused by impacts. I am certain his theories are wildly exagerated yet I also believe he had some fascinating ideas and concepts, some of which may well be acurate. The reason for the retrograde motion of Venus and the constitution of Venus were all theories of his that have been actually slowly coming true...may be?

So are these Blue Balls some kind of extra terrestrial substances (in the true sense of extra terrestrial) brought here by this asteroid and the debris that may have reached our atmosphere?

Strange too, how one of the best places one may have actually seen the asteroid with a telescope is the UK.

edit on 29-1-2012 by Revolution9 because: spelling

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
That definitely is a an unsettling idea lol! I wish we could find out what exactly those blue spheres are but if they are anything dangerous we would never find out. The government would squash it in a minute.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Not a bad theory... however didn't the asteroid pass at such a distance to make this impossible?

p.s. I see your from Cornwall... my grandfather from 160yrs ago was a miner from Cornwall who came to Aus..
Would love to get there.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by BLKMJK

I agree!

The authorities would never confirm even if they knew. May be they do know already?

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Day of the triffard has started

In Australia blue balls mean something totally different.

Its amazing what we still dont know about the universe.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by PrecogPsychicSensitive
Not a bad theory... however didn't the asteroid pass at such a distance to make this impossible?

p.s. I see your from Cornwall... my grandfather from 160yrs ago was a miner from Cornwall who came to Aus..
Would love to get there.

Yes, the asteroid was "within 36,750 miles of Earth". However, we know that these objects do not travel alone. There would have been smaller debris accompanying. There might have been a lot, spread over a huge area. On that day the atmosphere above the UK may have been pelted with all sorts of debris.

I have read so much about events in history from the Bible, ancient history and mythology. Some very bizarre things have happened. I am just wondering to what extent we have had impacts in the past and near misses. The sky is well busy up there I know that. So many objects regularly come so close. So much debris hits our atmosphere. Obviously at some points in our extensive earth history there must have been some powerful impacts. Then we have the prophesies of Revelations in the Bible that basically describes a comet or meteor hitting the earth two times I believe at the beginning of the Tribulation. The Bible alone describes some very crazy atmosheric anomalies as do all the Greek Epics and world mythology.

Wow, your Grand Father was Cornish!!! That's so good. I live right in the old mining centre of Redruth. The Industrial Revolution began in this town. There is so much mining history here and now they are making a special effort to preserve it. There is a beautiful walk called The Great Flat Load. It is an old raliway track that connects all the mines in the area. Lots of old tin workings and building. Cornwall is very beautiful. Would make a beautiful holiday in the English Summer. Many Australians come here for the surf, the roots and ancestry.

I would love to visit Australia. All that amazing crazy nature.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by muSSang
Day of the triffard has started

In Australia blue balls mean something totally different.

Its amazing what we still dont know about the universe.

Hehe! Yes, there is all sorts of stuff we don't have a clue about. We can't even remember most of what happened even a thousand or two years ago in most of the world. We are useless at remembering stuff. In this age we think we are different, but our heavy reliance on digital media and storage means we are more vulnerable than ever to losing information. Without electrical power there is no information in this digital age. May be books have a longer life span than digital media? We do not yet know. Books are perishable and hopeless generally for passing on information long term. Digital storage may be even worse than that. Not as clever and omnipotent as we like to think!!!

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Revolution9

A CD has retrievable information for only 30 years. Other digital storage methods would also have to preserve the original readers, as upgrades eliminate access in as little as 10 years.

Gel, from space? At first seems unlikely. Looking further into gel makeup, all one needs is hydrogen liquid cooled with some polymer bonding structure, like Jello, once cooled its state is rather permanent.

Gels consist of a solid three-dimensional network that spans the volume of a liquid medium and ensnares it through surface tension effects. This internal network structure may result from physical bonds (physical gels) or chemical bonds (chemical gels), as well as crystallites or other junctions that remain intact within the extending fluid. Virtually any fluid can be used as an extender including water (hydrogels), oil, and air (aerogel). Both by weight and volume, gels are mostly fluid in composition and thus exhibit densities similar to those of their constituent liquids. Edible jelly is a common example of a hydrogel and has approximately the density of water.

Naturally forming gel usually are organic in origin, lots of floating organics in our atmosphere, one would look at an earthly origin before an extraterrestrial origin.

Consider the asteroid is quite a ways off to have traveling debris extending over 70,000 miles, (putting the main bus sized body in the center). Then consider the debris is already going faster than escape velocity, it would take a direct angle to enter the atmosphere, which would disintegrate such small particles above 50 km high.

These blue balls have origin from earth.

edit on 29-1-2012 by Illustronic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic

A CD has retrievable information for only 30 years. Other digital storage methods would also have to preserve the original readers, as upgrades eliminate access in as little as 10 years.

Gel, from space? At first seems unlikely. Looking further into gel makeup, all one needs is hydrogen liquid cooled with some polymer bonding structure, like Jello, once cooled its state is rather permanent.

Gels consist of a solid three-dimensional network that spans the volume of a liquid medium and ensnares it through surface tension effects. This internal network structure may result from physical bonds (physical gels) or chemical bonds (chemical gels), as well as crystallites or other junctions that remain intact within the extending fluid. Virtually any fluid can be used as an extender including water (hydrogels), oil, and air (aerogel). Both by weight and volume, gels are mostly fluid in composition and thus exhibit densities similar to those of their constituent liquids. Edible jelly is a common example of a hydrogel and has approximately the density of water.

Naturally forming gel usually are organic in origin, lots of floating organics in our atmosphere, one would look at an earthly origin before an extraterrestrial origin.

Consider the asteroid is quite a ways off to have traveling debris extending over 70,000 miles, (putting the main bus sized body in the center). Then consider the debris is already going faster than escape velocity, it would take a direct angle to enter the atmosphere, which would disintegrate such small particles above 50 km high.

These blue balls have origin from earth.

edit on 29-1-2012 by Illustronic because: (no reason given)

Thanks for your reply and valuable input. Yes, I agree they are most likely terrestrial! What I do know of comets and asteroids is that they are NOT single entities. Comets less than a mile in diameter can have comas as big if not bigger than Jupiter! The debris could be spread over many many thousands of miles. That rock is the only one spotted because it would have been the biggest. Every shooting star is large debris entering our atmosphere; millions and millions of them! To leave such a powerful light trail imagine the heat build up and the violent explosions under such extreme conditions high up in our atmosphere. Remember, too, about the recent discovery that we have an outer layer of cool plasma surrounding us in our outer atmpshere.

Is it not at least theoretically plausible that such a chemical interaction could take place and that as these strange chemicals cool they solidify and fall to earth? Look what happens up there all the time. Water both floats as vapour and solidifies into ice. It floats and it falls, too. Bacteria live up there and help with the process of forming rain clouds. Is it not entirely plausible that some vapours from debris do cool enough? Even Scientists have conjectured that life itself came to the earth via a comet or meteor!

Even if terrestrial in origin it could still be related to a chemical interraction of gases rising from the ground and cooling. I am convinced that up there is a lot going on as we are slowly discovering.

edit on 29-1-2012 by Revolution9 because: punctuation

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Well, from what I hear, blue balls are never a good thing.
(sorry couldn't resist) On topic, this happens from time to time....it has rained frogs, fish, etc.....but what the balls are....I don't have a clue....maybe some kind of fruit like a type of grape?

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
Well, from what I hear, blue balls are never a good thing.
(sorry couldn't resist) On topic, this happens from time to time....it has rained frogs, fish, etc.....but what the balls are....I don't have a clue....maybe some kind of fruit like a type of grape?

Thanks for your reply!

I think I will not think too heavily about the alternative meaning of the BBs, hahaha! It is too painful a thought!

Yes, it could be all part of the fish/frog phenomena. They are not edible and have no taste. They have like a shell and a jelly interior, about 3cm in diameter. He found many after the hail storm. He said the sky went very dark yellow then it hailed and these little blue things came down. A biologist said they could be marine invertebrae eggs, but she also said that it was a bit too early for this. She then said that the unusual mild winter might have meant early breeding. The guy is keeping them in a jam jar in his fridge. I watched Alien last night and I think I would not be keeping weird little blue balls from the sky that have been described as eggs in my fridge, hahaha!!!

The world is full of crazy stuff! Surely, a proper analysis could be done of the substance. I am sure that would clear this mystery up.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Yeah....the weather has been so crazy, maybe it did change the time they would lay eggs. Today, for instance, it was in the 30's this morning, but now, at 3:30 in the afternoon, it's like spring! There are even butterflies in my front yard!

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat

Yeah....the weather has been so crazy, maybe it did change the time they would lay eggs. Today, for instance, it was in the 30's this morning, but now, at 3:30 in the afternoon, it's like spring! There are even butterflies in my front yard!

Yes, here in UK it is the same. I am far south west and there has been no frost atall here. It is still quite cold, but a damp cold. Really uncomfortable. I prefer the dry cold if you know what I mean.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
And still no lab results on the objects. On topic didnt ELENIN
turn to a water/ice/plasma
and could this be related debris not sure... Interesting POV though hope to see some form of test results unless no body took a sample to be checked. A simple lab test would clear this or open up another debated topic.

top topics

join