It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officer shot, killed by fellow police in Calif.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

I have respect JPZ and his position, however his position is not based on current law, legislation or supreme court rulings... The officer being taken into custody new he was caught, and decided to take the easy way out, which was to fight and discharge his weapon at an officer.

Respect back, Brother. Enough respect to say shame on you. There is nothing at all in "current" law that contradicts a damn thing I say, and when people start using the law as it was always supposed to be used and filing verified complaints against rogue police officers, that verified complaint will force the Sheriff to act. The complaintant is swearing under penalty of perjury. If that complaintant perjured himself, then a whole can of big ass hurt will be wrought upon him by the justice department. If that verified oath bears out to be true a whole can of big ass hurt will be wrought upon the criminal rogue police officer. That is the law.

When Sheriff's are forced to arrest police officers for crimes such as coercion, extortion, acting under color of law, simulation of legal process, malicious prosecution, impersonating a police officer (if that police officer acted outside of the scope of their jurisdiction they are not police officers at that moment and are private persons acting upon private beliefs), and obstruction of justice, what is going to happen is there will be police officers who, just like you, who will be shocked to discover just what "current" law is, and I pray to God that unlike you, some will draw their weapons and resist that Sheriff.

I would like to think that you are one of the good guys and would never act under color of law and misapply some ordinance just to jam a person up. I know, however, that police officers do, on a regular basis act under color of law and misapply ordinances and statutes to justify their criminal actions. There is nothing at all about "current" law that states that when this happens the victim has no recourse or remedy outside of whatever you think it is, which is presumably calling the watch commander and filing a civil suit. The fact of the matter is that a person can and should file a verified complaint and have justice implemented, and then follow up with a civil suit.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I was 22, she was 16. Her mother was not happy about us so she went to the DA. The AOC is 16 in this state so he told her "tough luck" and would not do anything.

Her mother had her kidnapped and sent to a girl's home in GA. She was there for a year. Came back and within 40 minutes she was in my bed again. I eventually got sick of her lying and told her to go away. The next guy who got her knocked her up. She starved her kid to death. She went to prison. The End.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I guess it would have been to logical to either have the officer return to the police department or simply wait until he comes back to clock out.

No, it makes more sense to go after him like gang busters. Oh well, hind sight is 20/20.

Age of censent laws change ALL THE TIME in the United States. The best rule to follow is simple; If she is under 18 and you are more then 24 months her senior, wait until she turns 18.

It's to late to worry about your freedom when the police come for you.

Also, women change their mind. Sometimes consual sex today will morph into date rape 5 years from now after the two of you have some unrelated falling out because you wanted to stay friends after you broke up.

With no proof, it's "just" an accusation but just a knock on the door by CPS can be enough to ruin some one.

If she is under 16, even if you are less then 24 months her senior, best to wait anyway. The laws are tricky and no sex in the world is worth someone becoming a registered sex offender for the rest of their lives.

If she is under 14, it becomes a whole new ball game. In many cases of girls under 12, there is NEVER a statue of limitations. Meaning she can come after you when she is 85 years old if your still living.

Generally, the statue of limitations is 7 years but not all 50 states follow this rule to the tea.

When traveling outside the US, the age of consent an American must follow is 18 if that nation's age of consent is lower then 18.

If traveling in the middle east, it's best not to seek casual sex AT ALL!

I took a few law classes back in the day and I think the only time we guys ever paid attention in those classes is when the subject of the day was about sex.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

She was 17 years 11 months and 30 days old. The other way of handling it would have been to ask him to come to the office.
reply to post by KilrathiLG

Now this strikes me as kind of odd. I don't know how it is in California, but here in New York you are considered to be 18, 24 hours before your actual birthday. So if this girl was 17 years 11 months and 30 days old at that time, legally she would actually be considered of age of concent. Now if this is also true in California then I would say that these cowboy cops had an ax to grind with this officer and set him up so they could kill him. Maybe it was the DA's kid since he seems to be the one pushing the on duty arrest which I think was unecessary in this case.

By the way liejunkie good thread S&F.

edit on 1/29/2012 by lonegurkha because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/29/2012 by lonegurkha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Everyone is so blind to what is going on. They all assume if they do nothing wrong the cops will leave them alone.

Cops make mistakes all the time. People are falsely accused all the time. Cops are expected to generate revenue, and to do that they have to bust people, crimes or no crimes.

If it has not happened to you or someone you know, it is only a matter of time.

Link to "bust card" for your wallet from the ACLU

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
here in the UK its 16 but take a nude photo etc and she's got to be 18 even if its a picture from her directly to you (even if you are married) but surely it would of been better to of quietly call the officer back to the police station and when he's unarmed take him into custody than risk a shoot out on the public highway?

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
The cop knew all to well being a sex offender will pretty much end his life anyway, so he chose his way out.

Agreed. Being an ex-cop in prison is enough to get you extorted/raped/harassed/beat up.. but a cop being in jail for anything related to sex and minors (even if it was consensual and only a 5 year age difference) would make it even worse.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Genfinity

just out of curiosity where did u get the info that we have to obey the age of consent of 18 when abroad? ill go look for the source but my buddy in the marines (stationed in south korea) had a 16 year old gf in korea that every one new about but he never got cited or charged with anything as he was obeying the laws of the country he was in he even moved her here to marry her before she was 18(he was 19 at the time) and they didnt stop them from getting married in sandiego (her parents loved him so that might have been a factor) either way on topic i said it before why didnt they have him come down to the jail or take an inmate to the jail and thus he would have had to surrender his weapon to gain entrance and then ya got him?and no one thinks is suspicious that the cop was shot once in the chest? i thought all cops wore vests (makes their insurance premiums lesser) and just one shot? were they using a rifle or a shot gun with a slug? or did they walk up to him tell him what was up and let him draw so they could shoot him to spare him from jail? seems like there is more to this then we are getting i dobut we will ever find out what really happeind

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

I guess it would have been to logical to either have the officer return to the police department or simply wait until he comes back to clock out.

That is what I was kind of thinking......

Why did'nt they wait until it was break time or something......

Instead they had to put the public in danger and look "all John Wayne like".................

I would be pissed if my kids seen some cop getting shot and killed, by antoher cop...........(I know it was a DUI checkpoint late at night, my kids are never out that late)(for all of the nitpickin haters out there)

What the hell is going on these days.....

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Sounds like the officer had this coming!

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01

That is what I was kind of thinking......

Why did'nt they wait until it was break time or something......

Instead they had to put the public in danger and look "all John Wayne like".................

I would be pissed if my kids seen some cop getting shot and killed, by antoher cop...........(I know it was a DUI checkpoint late at night, my kids are never out that late)(for all of the nitpickin haters out there)

What the hell is going on these days.....

yep..totally handled wrong, and it makes you wonder why..?

Are they that stupid to put the public in jeopardy.. or did they just need an excuse to shoot him, because they knew he would squeal about other stuff if they tried to nail him for this?

They know hes not going to take it well.. yet they decide to go do it while he is on duty,..how many of them?..hmm.. Maybe he would have been angry enough at the hypocrisy and started talking about way worse offenses that happen within the department.

Its really difficult to trust your getting the real truth nowadays..or even half the truth. Its a world filled with lies and coverups, and manipulating tactics for ulterior motives.

edit on 29-1-2012 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
It doesn't matter her age at the time of the shooting. It matters when the alleges crime was committed.

I worked with a guy who was a great guy, married, two kids, and from a faithful and respectable family. We hired him and about two weeks later it came in from the state of Indiana we hired a sex offender. TPTB in upper management called him to the carpet because at times we interact with young people and needed and explaination. He was 9 months older than his girlfriend under 18 & they had began an explicit relationship az they had dated since they were 14-15 but actually only had been having sex for approximately six months, meaning they had dated for almost 2 years before intercourse started. They were both careful but a guidance counselor had found a note outside of the girls locker. She interrogated the girl and notified the parents. The parents being respectable asked the guidance counselor to let them handle it by changing the dating habits of the two. The guidance counselor turned it over to the state and he was convicted. He can't go to parks, near playgrounds, even with his own kids.
Indiana is contemplating gps chipping for sex offenders that anytime they violate their conditions even if driving down a street lost when a school is blindly a 1000 yards three blocks away an electronic warrant is issued and the violated is immediately arrested.
unfortunately that would include my former co-worker. I moved away from that state. Anybody that has been to downtown Indy knows what a police state is. Superbowl fans will have a rude awakening there with Indy's roving jails.
By the way, he married that girl in front of about 200 people. It has its purpose but like many things the gray line often leaves people burned.
edit on 29-1-2012 by sirjunlegun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

and I pray to God that unlike you, some will draw their weapons and resist that Sheriff.

After re-reading this portion of a sentence I wrote I realized it could easily be construed that I was wishing for police officers to draw their weapons on other law enforcement personnel. For clarification sakes, what I meant by this was that I pray to God that you Xcan, my brother, would never make such a mistake, nor even find yourself in a position where someone has filed a verified complaint against you, but that I suspect that because so many have a view of "current" law much like yours, there will be officers drawing their weapons on the law enforcement personnel who come to arrest them.

edit on 29-1-2012 by Jean Paul Zodeaux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
The Phoenix police did the same thing in 2011 to one of their own.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirjunlegun
It doesn't matter her age at the time of the shooting. It matters when the alleges crime was committed.

I worked with a guy who was a great guy, married, two kids, and from a faithful and respectable family. We hired him and about two weeks later it came in from the state of Indiana we hired a sex offender. TPTB in upper management called him to the carpet because at times we interact with young people and needed and explaination. He was 9 months older than his girlfriend under 18 & they had began an explicit relationship az they had dated since they were 14-15 but actually only had been having sex for approximately six months, meaning they had dated for almost 2 years before intercourse started. They were both careful but a guidance counselor had found a note outside of the girls locker. She interrogated the girl and notified the parents. The parents being respectable asked the guidance counselor to let them handle it by changing the dating habits of the two. The guidance counselor turned it over to the state and he was convicted. He can't go to parks, near playgrounds, even with his own kids.
Indiana is contemplating gps chipping for sex offenders that anytime they violate their conditions even if driving down a street lost when a school is blindly a 1000 yards three blocks away an electronic warrant is issued and the violated is immediately arrested.
unfortunately that would include my former co-worker. I moved away from that state. Anybody that has been to downtown Indy knows what a police state is. Superbowl fans will have a rude awakening there with Indy's roving jails.
By the way, he married that girl in front of about 200 people. It has its purpose but like many things the gray line often leaves people burned.
edit on 29-1-2012 by sirjunlegun because: (no reason given)

That is just so wrong on every level.... and shows there really isn't a whole lot of justice in the justice system.

Stories like that make me incredibly sad.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78
reply to post by liejunkie01

Wrong.
www.ageofconsent.us...

That website is WRONG!!

Marcus Dixon went away to jail for having sex with his supposed girlfriend, of 16 years old at the time. He wasn't much older. Your website says she could have consented, but he was charged with statutory rape, and lost several years of his life, and almost ruined his career over it.

The case had some other issues, she may or may not have been his girlfriend, and may or may not have consented, the stories kept conflicting, but they still made the statutory rape charge stick because she was 16.

SO, don't believe that website!!!

18 is the only correct age for anyone over 21. If you are under 21, some states let you have sex with younger girls, but if you are over 21, she has to be 18.

And, nowadays, the laws are so strict, even if a US citizen goes to a country where it is legal to have sex with an underage girl, you will face charges when you get home! These laws were enacted to fight the "sex tourism" trade.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

18 is the only correct age for anyone over 21. If you are under 21, some states let you have sex with younger girls, but if you are over 21, she has to be 18.

I am glad I never got myself into one of these situations.

It is clearly a mess if you are caught in the middle of one of these debacles.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

God damn a guy died for having sex with a 17 year old??? WTF?!?

Cop or not, that's just fracking stupid.. such a waste of life over something so trivial. Maybe if the girl was a whole whopping 3 months older it would have been ok.

Stupid. Just stupid.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Unlike what you watched on tv growing up, where the law would meet someone for a "show down" and fight it out in the street (gun fight). It has become common, almost all the time, that law enforcement is usually cowards, even to the point of killing someone while the whole time yelling "stop resisting" even though they are not resisting.

There's a quote I've heard that seems to ring true about this too.

"Cops pin on their courage and strap on their balls".

If half the force had balls, their would be alot more people alive today (innocent people). Now they are killing each other. Tells ya something right there doesn't it? They are puppets being told what to do. This is just a start though, when they are told to go kill each other their only response will be, "can I finish my donut first?". You gotta love it.

I think TPTB is clearly making honest citizens out to be felons over stupid laws (not just this one) to take our arms away.

This guy should have never been in trouble in my opinion.

Just kidding about the donuts.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I want to respond to a number of people so look for your User ID in this post;

KilrathiLG & lonegurkha,
Was that sarcasm or was she really one day away from being 18? I guess it doesn't matter because the law would go by her age at the time of the incident. What is the age of seperation for these two? Did she accuse him of rape? If not, why not wait 24 hours and let her decide for herself if she wants to file charges? Did this guy have other history as well? Certainly, we are missing some facts here. What about the cop that shot him; what's his history? Lot's of unanswered questions that, most likely, nobody on this thread can answer.

But when a uniformed cop shoots another uniformed cop while both are on duty, the public should have a right to know EVERYTHING? What if some random driver witnesses this? Cops shooting each other. Do you can 911? Do you turn around, hit the gas, and hope they didn't see you? Do you pull over if they try to stop you? Remember, you just saw a cop shoot another cop. Your a witness and now the cops are after YOU!

Let me make the biggest understatement of the year to date; they need some retraining at that police department!

kawika
I agree, cops make mistakes ALL THE TIME. Just like anybody else. Except that when a cop makes a mistake, it can have devastating consequences. A cop, a person, is dead because a number of people, possibly even the dead cop, made a series of bad decisions. Terrible decisions.

Maxatoria
Minors taking nude photos of themsevles is a epidemic. However, I don't think a 13 year old girl who sends a picture of her boobs to her 14 year old boyfriend should warrent both of them being labled sex offenders for decades, complete with warning signs on their front doors. I don't know what the answer is to that but I know what the answer shouldn't be. Taking nude photos of yourself, even if your an adult, is a terrible idea. Who ever you send that photo to, they are going to show it to other people. "Oh baby, I swear I won't show it to anybody." Oh yes he will. 100% of the time. Ground the kids. Give them cell phones that don't have cameras. Something..... But when I hear of two teenagers in high school within 24 months of each other getting in trouble for sending pics of themsevles naked to each other, when they have already had sex, it's ridiculious.

But I'll say it again, those pictures always see unintended eyes. How to handle this is a thread in and of itself.

KilrathiLG
I'm depending on my memory here. As I get older, well....you know how that goes. But as I recall, a number of Americans were going to Thailand and having sex with VERY YOUNG girls. And in Thailand, it was legal at that time. But in the US, it certainly was not. So the issue was wether or not the US could prosecute it's citizens a higher court (Supreme mamybe) said no due to the way the current laws were written.

So, as I understand, the laws were rewritten. There has to be an attorney on this website that can look into this in his down time. Is there? in fact, I am pretty sure ATS has a legal department or a legal person they refer to. I wonder if that person would know the easiest way for us to look into this. I have a library about 2 miles away but I really don't want to bring this up with a librarian if you know what I mean.

What an interesting thread.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join