It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officer shot, killed by fellow police in Calif.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   

SANTA MARIA, Calif. (AP) — A police officer under investigation for sexual misconduct with a teenage minor was shot and killed while on duty by fellow officers Saturday as they tried to arrest him on California's central coast, authorities said.

The officer was manning a DUI checkpoint when the shooting occurred shortly after 1 a.m. He was declared dead after emergency surgery at Marian Medical Center, Santa Maria police Chief Danny Macagni said in a statement.

The officer, a four-year Santa Maria department veteran, had just learned of the internal investigation of an alleged sexual relationship with a 17-year-old girl, and it became necessary to arrest him immediately, Macagni said.

"We had no choice," Macagni said in video of an afternoon news conference posted by KCOY-TV. He said investigators had evidence "that demanded that we go out and take this officer off the street immediately."

Supervising officers were sent to make a felony arrest, but he struggled with them when they arrived, first putting up a physical fight, then firing his gun but hitting no one, Macagni said.

"He chose to resist, he drew his weapon, a fight ensued, he fired his weapon," the chief said.

news.yahoo.com/officer-shot-killed-fellow-police-calif-011712475.html

Well now, this is interesting......

Cops shooting cops at checkpoints.......who would of thunk it?

I did a search on the title and did'nt see any matches to the story.......

Please Read: Posting Work Written by Others
Going forward, if you post something that is not 100% your own writing or work you must use the EX TAG, post NO MORE THAN 10% of the original (or three paragraphs, whichever is least), and GIVE A LINK TO THE SOURCE MATERIAL. If the work you are posting is not on the internet, from a book for example, you MUST give a credit for that Book ( the title), its Author and Publisher.
edit on January 29th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

What's the legal age of intercourse in USA??

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by insaan

Depends on the state,usually it's 16 or 17.I find it curious though that they didn't give the age of the officer they were attempting to arrest.What I don't get is why the hell would you try to arrest him while he's on duty?Makes no sense.Unless it was pretty serious then I can see them doing that.
edit on 29-1-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by insaan

It is 18........

I personally have a friend that did two years in prison for having a 17 (she might have been 16)year old girlfriend he was'nt much older.........

If the parents don't like you, you are screwed,,,,

That is unless you check the I.D. first......

edit on 29-1-2012 by liejunkie01 because: (she might have been 16)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by insaan

varies state to state from delaware i think used to be 15 but now is higher to ca 18 so it varies by state age of consent in montana where i live is 16
edit on 29-1-2012 by KilrathiLG because: correct the wrong state posted

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
The cop knew all to well being a sex offender will pretty much end his life anyway, so he chose his way out.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Well, I guess we know it isn't personal when they shoot a normal citizen out of bad judgement and ignorance. They shoot each other for the same reasons. If they had an investigation running on the guy and it was far enough along to have what it would take to arrest him on the spot, I don't necessarily fault them for not picking him up, maybe other things were involved here...but...what the heck was he doing working a checkpoint and interacting with the public while carrying his weapon?

It isn't like he was being investigated for stealing the coffee fund out of the break room or something. This is real serious stuff when it's a man trusted with the power a cop has in daily life.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
As more and more outrage of the police state saturates the internet and other public forums, I suspect we are going to see much more of this kind of conflict. Especially between Sheriff's, their deputies, and those LEO's of administrative agencies who have become so smugly comfortable with the illusion that they are somehow comfortably buffered from Constitutional restraint.

As more and more people come to understand that when they've been illegally detained or accosted by a police officer that the standard operating procedure of late - to contact the officers watch commander and file a complaint - is a failed due process of law, the sooner these people will learn that the long established way to ensure justice is by filing a verified complaint with your local Sheriff.

Verified complaints are sworn testimony that a crime was committed signed by the complaintant under penalty of perjury. This sworn testimony forces the Sheriff to act, forces the District Attorney to act, and forces a judge to ensure the accused stand trial. No nonsense, no mystical games of the priest class lawyer sect can protect a rogue police officer from a genuine verified complaint.

Once this understanding reaches a critical mass, this will mark the turning point and herald the necessary end of this outrageous police state.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
wonder if he was sleeping with a fellow officers daughter.....perhaps a rebellious daugher that wanted to make daddy mad? there has to be more to this and if they shot him in the chest once why didnt his vest stop the bullet i thought all cops usualy wore vests let alone potentaly dangerious ones that know they might be getting into a gun fight something smells wrong

from the ops source as one of the commenters stated
She was 17 years 11 months and 30 days old. The other way of handling it would have been to ask him to come to the office.

14 Replies so it seems she was barely illegal and something seems proceduraly off with this one another commenter brought up a good point what would u do if you saw cops shooting at each other in the street would have to be a weird situation
edit on 29-1-2012 by KilrathiLG because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78

Wrong.
www.ageofconsent.us...

I was recalling off of memory from several years ago...........

I noticed in your nice little chart that it says California is 18.......

The girl in the article was 17.......

There are to many discrepencies in the damn age laws.........to be safe it should always be 18 and consent..........

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Well, I guess we know it isn't personal when they shoot a normal citizen out of bad judgement and ignorance. They shoot each other for the same reasons.

Well said........

I think that there may be more to the story...........

It seems to simple( my opinion anyways)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

I think I would vote you for president......

I really do not have anything to add to your comment because you pretty much summed it up......

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
it seems they are saying that they were afraid he might go after the girl but i dont have a source for that other then the comments section but there has to be something else about this they should have had him go drop off an inmate at jail and thus have to surrender his weapon and bam ya got him no fuss no muss

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01

Wrong.
www.ageofconsent.us...

There are to many discrepencies in the damn age laws.........to be safe it should always be 18 and consent..........

Not my little chart haha.State laws.I posted that because you responded to a post asking what the age was in the USA...not just California.It's very confusing.However,like I said in a previous post they didn't mention how old the officer was.If he was 40 and sleeping with a 17 year old by all means arrest him.If he was 21,22 what's the crime?Bad judgement?That's where the gray area comes in.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Wrong.
www.ageofconsent.us...

i dated a girl that was 17 when i was 18. does this make me a sex offender?

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

It's cool man.

I just learned from the mistakes of others on this subject..............

What is the girl going through right now?

She is probably in shock....

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Stryc9nine

It looks like there is an age gap thing...

* Note: Some states make an age gap less of a crime but still a crime; where this is the case we have also listed 'No'.

www.ageofconsent.us...

I guess it is up to your state laws.............

This is why lawyers are rich......

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   

reply to post by insaan

Depends on the state,usually it's 16 or 17.I find it curious though that they didn't give the age of the officer they were attempting to arrest.What I don't get is why the hell would you try to arrest him while he's on duty?Makes no sense.Unless it was pretty serious then I can see them doing that.
edit on 29-1-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

You are correct about the legal age of concent, but it only applies if the other person is under 18, if the other person is 18 or older it is considered statutory rape. That is what this LEO is facing.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stryc9nine

Wrong.
www.ageofconsent.us...

i dated a girl that was 17 when i was 18. does this make me a sex offender?

See ..my point.Even if he was 21 there's nothing wrong with nor should you be branded a sex offender for life my man

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join