It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it possible we have disabled powers?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Everyone has heard about the 10% brain myth, but is it really a myth? The reason I ask is because if we do have altered DNA (which we do), it looks like it might be possible. There are actually several things that suggest this. First off, the 10% myth was later explained to actually be referring to the capacity or production, and not usable space. It was determined that we do in fact us all of our brain. If you check out the Wiki on the 10% brain myth, they stand strong on the fact that the myth is just that, while repeatedly indicating that we actually know very little about the brain. So I wonder which one is correct. How can they make such a bold claim, then turn around and admit we know very little about the brain.

What if we had several things telling us that something is amiss with our brains. What if we had documentation that actually told us something is wrong. The problem I’m going to address is in the production, and maybe, just maybe some missing powers. Most people have heard of the pineal gland. It’s a small gland in the center of the brain, that appears to have some type of connection between the cerebral cortex and cerebellum. If your about to tune out, because you have dived into this exact conversation, dont, I’m sure I’ll present some things you have never heard of before.

First off the idea of 10% seems to come from nowhere that can be verified. So I’m going to say we will just use the term for the basic idea, not the specific figure. Everyone has known the Pineal Gland has been referred to as the third eye. Until some of my recent findings, I laughed too, and thought it was just childish talk. It’s looking like there could very well be some truth to it. Of course what we all want is proof, and good proof. I’m going to start with a video from Lloyd Pye on human genetics, yes if you remember me, god was a space alien and you should read that post, but for now this is just about our powers. One of the many things that Pye points out in the findings with our DNA is six sections of our DNA that were removed, inverted, and reinserted. After much thought I have come to the conclusion that there is only one reason someone would do this to us, or at least what it means. It’s to disable something, and make the changes stick.

I heard on a program years ago about experiments with plants, that in certain situations where you try to alter the DNA, the DNA actually has the ability to catch what your trying to do, and reset itself to normal. IMO our 6 inverted sections seem to be a way to prevent that from happening. I’m not going to get into why, you can read my OP on “its official god was a space alien and not our real creator”. In everything I have been able to read up on the 10% myth, there has never been any tests that conclusively prove that our brains are operating at maximum capacity. So I think its a boldface lie for Wiki to produce a definition indicating its a myth, while there has never been a study to prove our brains are maxed out.

Unfortunately thats not how science rolls, we can’t just assume its true because its possible. So what I offer you is the “Savant.” An autistic disorder where people exhibit super traits, and usually abnormalities to match. In a few cases they just have the unique ability without the abnormalities. The funny part is they still refer to this gift as a disability. These ability’s go far beyond the standard learning the hell out of something, and average people cant live up to the same expectations. If the brain has ever offered proof that it can function at a higher level, the Savant proves it. IMO I think that a Savant might not even scratch the surface of whats possible.

In addition to this, there appears to be something amiss between the cerebral cortex and cerebellum. We know they are all functioning, however how do we know they are functioning to there best ability, in addition to working together. The Pineal Gland has been debunked many times in the past with multiple versions of what scientists think its responsible for. IMO it looks just like the Wiki on the 10% myth, they are grasping at straws and have a current claim that I think will be dismissed and replaced with something else in the years to come, just like it has in the past. Here is what I think is going on. Looking at a diagram, the Pineal gland looks like a hyper link between the cerebral cortex and cerebellum. Just to give an example of the difference in performance, now they can take pics of neuro activity, and produce some flashes here and there. IMO if things were operating correctly our brains would be lit up like a bright light bulb.

Opening up speed and performance that would leave Einstein in the dust. We have always thought the cerebellum was just for some basic motor skills. Reading the Wiki on this, it once again becomes obvious they are still unsure. Its just been in a suspended state because its been disabled. With Inverted DNA not even drugs can repair this connection, we need to fix the DNA first.

In the bible around the Hebrews section, there is a part that claims there is more to life than mortar and stone, more than wood and nails, there is supernatural intention and those things belong to god. This translation might be misunderstood. Is it possible they were telling us that god took our powers away. Telepathy is rampant though out the bible with almost everyone. Is it possible that that first punishment in the garden of eden that placed impunity between Adam and Eve was the removal of our very own telepathy? If so, it would do just that. Telepathy is a universal function amongst aliens. Anyone that has ever heard stories knows that they have the ability to invade your mind with conversation, and not move there mouths. There is no such thing as a language, its universal, and works with all that have it.

It’s a cruel punishment for sure. It’s like going from Broadband to dial up. It’s very depressing to think this could have been done to us. Isaiah 6 could also be another section speaking of having powers removed, but that our remaining ability’s have to pick up the slack. It’s interesting to think that our voices either weren’t the only means of communication, and not the main one. Of course we can breath though our mouths, and eat with our mouths, but talking at the same time can be taxing. In my over 30 years of study of the supernatural and paranormal, I can tell you I always thought it was weird we don’t have any powers.

As per another section in the bible, our hair, on the top of our heads, might also serve a purpose. I love it when people say ya to keep our heads warm. Sure dude, we have people dying from heat stroke but we need to keep that brain warm. It’s not even a good type of hair to do that to boot. It appears to be receptors possibly for telepathy. Of course we just crop it and style it, cause its just there. No, rest assured everything on your body has a specific purpose. Our design is an intelligent one.

Telepathy is how god lost control over us in the bible. He wasn’t able to come down and mind control an entire planet all at the same time. It was a flaw in his plans. Thats why we had faith, to try to keep the sheep in line. Telepathy has a limitation in range. We know this because of the arc of the covenant, it was a radio device so Moses could talk to god. Of course when the bible said god can hear our thoughts and prayers, they actually meant telepathy. The words spirit and ghost were used to try to explain there minds being invaded with conversation while not actually seeing who it was that was talking to them.

I want some feedback on this. Just to see if anyone is agreeing with this, or if anyone can come up with something solid that says its wrong.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
i think the brain is like a boombox in terms of how much of it we use. Like we use all the parts, but the volume isn't necessarily turned up all the way. If you know anything about stuart hameroff and penrose's theory to consciousness you might remember him talking about 40 hz conscious moments per second for the average human and people who meditates and super atheletes have around 90 conscious moments (if thats what they're really observing, ithink so) per second. maybe if those conscious moments increase to an even higher frequency you'll be able to see more of reality, and possibly even influence it

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by itsthetooth

Anything is possible...on SG-1 they explored the possibility of ascension without help from others...and they found the lab of Anubis who was creating a new body and was increasing his mental abilities as well..It was an interesting episode to possibly see what the mind is capable of at 100%...

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
One of my favorite quotes by Einstein was:In his theory . That if all 100% of our brain worked, we would be pure energy, not needing bodies at all. Pretty godly sounding to me.
edit on 20/09/2011 by 10111011 because: Spelling

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Interesting post to say the least. Although I consider bible and religious text references with the largest grain of salt I can find because those texts were hand picked out of a whole littler of other "omitted" texts...

anywho...

The fact we know very little about the brain and how it functions gives room for some wild theories because well, we don't know either way whats going on.

I have always thought of brain "power" or "use" in terms much like a TV. If you had a TV capable of displaying every single channel possible and every show possible at all times possible, you wouldn't be able to make heads or tails of the information. Much like what a brain operating at full capacity might be like and since we know so little about the brain this possibility is equal with all others.

In nature there seems to be a very specific "medium" our existence and understanding is supposed to exist within.

The visible spectrum is but a sliver of the entire spectrum and this is probably due to the fact that there is sooo much information in all the spectrum's that if we were to sense it all, we would see "white noise" informational overload.

Another interesting twist to add to the visible spectrum range that we are capable of seeing is the "frames per second" that we are capable of perceiving motion. If you look up high speed videos you will notice that there is SO much more going on than we are capable of perceiving, and this is because there is a frame rate limit to our perception. Again we are only capable of a very small sliver of what is possible, due to the reasons stated above.

Audio spectrum is very much similar to the visible. We can only perceive a very specific range of sound, outside of that we are apparently unaware of. This due to the same reasons stated above, if we were to perceive it all it would be simply "too much".

I do believe there is genetically something to "savants" that is of importance. I do believe there is "more" and we will eventually find it. We may be able to expand on our "awareness' by expanding on our "senses" or developing new ones, and this is what I believe many refer to when they speak of "enlightenment" or "ascension". They are speaking of the expansion of consciousness which is nothing more than the expansion of our sense or development of new senses.

very interesting post though, it made me think! Which I greatly appreciate.

edit on 29-1-2012 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
You got it man ,on the money for sure,and heres why,straight from an abductee.

We can still communicate telepathically,I have done it.

I also shut off and turn on lights as I pass them.

keep going you are right on track.

Think about hair and ask why our head hair never stops growing but our primate relatives does?

Think the reversed strands of DNA ,then think about a filler you might need to replace the strands or functions you removed to fool the body into nthinking all was well.

Someone left the ON switch "on"for our hair instead of a 1000 yr lifespan ,and they had to leave the hair switch on all
day to fool the body into believing the longevity energy was going to longevity.

They bypassed an action and then replaced the energy expenditure with an equally dependant energy drain or current drain or signal reception.

Our body just happily cruises along destroying itself all the while believing it will live 1000yrs.

If you were going to plan on living 1000yrs you might have a different diet for example,so if your body was designed to exist and function for that long but you filled it with massive amounts of protein and other things you would burn out your body before you even broke it in.

This is what we doWe were created here as a workforce by other humans ,not little green men.

I have met other humans ,five distinct races,more than one telepathic,but not all.

There was trouble in the henhouse when we were first made here and as we all know humans can be absolute pricks
,we were literally created in the image of the people who made us in every way,including emotionally,they got to scrappin back then over love and stuff like that and some special humans were allowed to reproduce and get out into the wild herd.The royal family likes to track them down and breed with them to keep this DNA in their bloodlines .Ask Dianna ,princess Dianna ,oops you cant because she was murdered to cover up this information or some related information.Ask Catherine Howard and Anne Boleyn and all the others sacrificed for these monsters to try to keep a genetic advantage they still dont understand.

You cant just remove or shut off DNA we are a creation of nature so movement is what we really are --representations of movement or motion,without motion there can be no life in the universe,we need the signals to be in motion as they naturally need to be for us to function,the people who did this obviously had to learn about and track the DNA sequencing and actions as we have because they also study nature and use mathematicly created dimensions to reproduce these natural observations.

We were taught mathematics so we could see or understand or envision a new perspective or dimension,math as we study it today allows us to do this ,we were "given"this ability,or rather or primate relatives were given the ability to grasp mathematics.A method of interpretation or bridging the gap.

Point is that our creators had to fool our bodies because they obviously are not the grand designers of life,look up my posts and threads of more on that stuff.

They used the same method to fool ourDNA receptors or DNA safeguards as they used to fool our auto-immune systems into accepting the implants they stick in us regularly.

And because you are hitting the rawest nerve that there is,the key to it all if you will,you need to research this topic a little and consider your family and your own safety and well being,manyeople in this field of study die of odd cancers and in odd accidents ,we are talking hundreds maybe thousands and thousands,point is you need to research Dr.Karla Turner and try to find her memorial site,there is a list online that contains many many dead, seriously involved scientists,doctors,police,journalists,military people,religous people the list is endless but anyone who gets to close and gains attention and isnt protected somehow is in a very dangerous dynamic.Just saying you might not know what you have illuminated here.

if you are able to after considering the whole picture please continue pursueing this ,you are right in a lot of ways.

Heres a tip,our BROADCAST SWITCHES ARE PERMANENTLY OPEN,we have incredibly powerful emotions that can create a physcal action exactly like a sonar blast,and we can really ler er rip,it bothers some races a great deal.

The fact that we are openly broadcasting our telepathic thoughts without realising it ,means that they had to pin that DNA sequence wide open for some very relevant reason.Remember the hair,is wide open and the broadcasting is wide open,now find our why.Good luck,the pineal gland is on the money as well,one of the implants we are given is specificlly designed to stimulate the pineal gland and keep it wide open,I read every single volume of the World Book Encyclopedia set including two world class dictionaries,huge suckers,when I was under ten yrs old,every word of every page of every single volume a-z.yup pinealgland alright.

Eureka!!The pricks keep the broadcast button open because when it is open we cant recieve and if we are ALL open ALL the time we are truly kept in the dark telepathically.See what happens when we play well with others.Your turn,figure out the reason for the hair.
edit on 29-1-2012 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by rangersdad

Anything is possible...on SG-1 they explored the possibility of ascension without help from others...and they found the lab of Anubis who was creating a new body and was increasing his mental abilities as well..It was an interesting episode to possibly see what the mind is capable of at 100%...

SG-1 you say? You are aware it is, however, science fiction?

Indeed.

*teal'c reference lol*

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by one4all

Do it again! Telepathically submit to me any image, and I will reply with what it is you sent me.

Any image... Make it really obvious however, so I can distinguish it from potential misthought images.

Don't tell me what it is.

Man I sound like Craig Ferguson "Guess whats in my box, I don't know whats in my box, only Geoff knows what it's my box!"

And no, it's not going to be a soap dildo.

I bet you cant!

Also, why do people assume that you need to be near something for your mind to affect it, if the basic premise is that we're all energy and interconnected? Like the person waving his hand closer and closer to the pencil, it moves...

Or having to walk past a light to turn it off...

As yoda says "Do or do not... there is no try."

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

Yes I do know its a sci-fi series....
I like the fact that the show does get science heavy in the subjects...

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by biggmoneyme

i think the brain is like a boombox in terms of how much of it we use. Like we use all the parts, but the volume isn't necessarily turned up all the way. If you know anything about stuart hameroff and penrose's theory to consciousness you might remember him talking about 40 hz conscious moments per second for the average human and people who meditates and super atheletes have around 90 conscious moments (if thats what they're really observing, ithink so) per second. maybe if those conscious moments increase to an even higher frequency you'll be able to see more of reality, and possibly even influence it

I never heard of him but that sounds really cool. Its funny cause I hated shirley mclaine.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by rangersdad

That doesn't shock me, apparently the media runs with the 10% myth while its never been realized.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by 10111011

One of my favorite quotes by Einstein was:In his theory . That if all 100% of our brain worked, we would be pure energy, not needing bodies at all. Pretty godly sounding to me
Now that is neat, I picture us being like spirits.

Thanks for the share.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

Its funny that you brought up the limitations in our abilities becasue I was actually going to brush on that but stayed away from it. I think it has to do more with us not being on our intended planet. In other words, those limitations would be easly understood on our home planet.

I'm glad you brought it up.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

I see a bottle of scotch.

Ooops, not in your mind, on my desk!

In your mind I see a small bowl of carrot soup.

How'd I do?

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by one4all

I also shut off and turn on lights as I pass them.

keep going you are right on track.

Think about hair and ask why our head hair never stops growing but our primate relatives does?
Interesting fact on the hair, while I only ever thought of the fact that the hair is just different.

Think the reversed strands of DNA ,then think about a filler you might need to replace the strands or functions you removed to fool the body into nthinking all was well.

Someone left the ON switch "on"for our hair instead of a 1000 yr lifespan ,and they had to leave the hair switch on all
day to fool the body into believing the longevity energy was going to longevity.

They bypassed an action and then replaced the energy expenditure with an equally dependant energy drain or current drain or signal reception.
You know what I do, in looking at the 1000 year shrunken life span, I just look at it like we would be 20 years old for 10 years, and so on. Which is probably how it would be.

Our body just happily cruises along destroying itself all the while believing it will live 1000yrs.

If you were going to plan on living 1000yrs you might have a different diet for example,so if your body was designed to exist and function for that long but you filled it with massive amounts of protein and other things you would burn out your body before you even broke it in.
Funny you brought that up because there was something I failed to list in the OP. According to stats I looked at, the brain is one of the hungriest organs we have. Now I'm not knocking it, but it looks like we still have to feed it even though we aren't getting our 100% out of it.

Point is that our creators had to fool our bodies because they obviously are not the grand designers of life,look up my posts and threads of more on that stuff.
Wow this is exactly what I have always thought as well.

The fact that we are openly broadcasting our telepathic thoughts without realising it ,means that they had to pin that DNA sequence wide open for some very relevant reason.Remember the hair,is wide open and the broadcasting is wide open,now find our why.Good luck,the pineal gland is on the money as well,one of the implants we are given is specificlly designed to stimulate the pineal gland and keep it wide open,I read every single volume of the World Book Encyclopedia set including two world class dictionaries,huge suckers,when I was under ten yrs old,every word of every page of every single volume a-z.yup pinealgland alright.
I'm going to agree with you yet again. Off track but once I played ouija board with my sister, while her husband hid something in his hand, and we tried to see if we could get the ouija to guess what it was. After 3 attempts it wasn't going to get it, so I had him place his hand on her while we were still in the game, and then it instantly got it. There is no way anyone can convince me differently that we have underlying thoughts, or in this case it could be telepathy.

Eureka!!The pricks keep the broadcast button open because when it is open we cant recieve and if we are ALL open ALL the time we are truly kept in the dark telepathically.See what happens when we play well with others.Your turn,figure out the reason for the hair.
We got the short end of the stick for sure, and most people don't even have a clue.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   
The thing is, the 10% myth is just that - a myth. an urban legend if you like.

There is still much we don't know about the brain and how it works etc however, every part of the brain has a known function.

Neuroscientist Barry Beyerstein sets out seven kinds of evidence refuting the ten percent myth:[8]

Studies of brain damage: If 90% of the brain is normally unused, then damage to these areas should not impair performance. Instead, there is almost no area of the brain that can be damaged without loss of abilities. Even slight damage to small areas of the brain can have profound effects.
Evolution: The brain is enormously costly to the rest of the body, in terms of oxygen and nutrient consumption. It can require up to twenty percent of the body's energy—more than any other organ—despite making up only 2% of the human body by weight.[9][10] If 90% of it were unnecessary, there would be a large survival advantage to humans with smaller, more efficient brains. If this were true, the process of natural selection would have eliminated the inefficient brains. By the same token, it is also highly unlikely that a brain with so much redundant matter would have evolved in the first place.
Brain imaging: Technologies such as Positron Emission Tomography (PET) and functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) allow the activity of the living brain to be monitored. They reveal that even during sleep, all parts of the brain show some level of activity. Only in the case of serious damage does a brain have "silent" areas.
Localization of function: Rather than acting as a single mass, the brain has distinct regions for different kinds of information processing. Decades of research have gone into mapping functions onto areas of the brain, and no function-less areas have been found.
Microstructural analysis: In the single-unit recording technique, researchers insert a tiny electrode into the brain to monitor the activity of a single cell. If 90% of cells were unused, then this technique would have revealed that.
Neural disease: Brain cells that are not used have a tendency to degenerate. Hence if 90% of the brain were inactive, autopsy of adult brains would reveal large-scale degeneration.
Another evolutionary argument is that, given the historical risk of death in childbirth associated with the large brain size (and therefore skull size) of humans[11], there would be a strong selection pressure against such a large brain size if only 10% was actually in use

en.wikipedia.org...

There is absolutely no evidence to suggest that we have any hidden or disabled super powers.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by mainidh

I see a bottle of scotch.

Ooops, not in your mind, on my desk!

In your mind I see a small bowl of carrot soup.

How'd I do?

"WHAT TIME IS IT SHADOW STEVENS!!!"

You sir, win $50 big ones, good to spend in any strip joint in the USA.

And it's a good thing you did not say Reykjavik or it'd be the mouth organ for you!!

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

I was seven years old and I didnt initiate the telepathy,in fact I realised I was broadcasting because of the effect that a full volume telepathic scream had on another being near me.
I understand your view but please already ,lets be real here,if I could do it at will I wouldnt be here on ATS I would be rich one way or another and really wouldnt have the time to chat.

The reaction of certain light around people is interesting and might be what you are looking for as far as empirical evidence,but put it this way ,I can claim anything I want in cyber-space but as soon as I provide empirical evidence my claims become substanciated and the dynamic changes,I am not going to post youtube videos of me walking around light everywhere and tripping them on and off,I must admit I have a lot of fun in my neighborhood because there is an Asian restauraunt near me and their main window faces a lot that has a huge streetlight that is sympathetic and I can control at will pretty much,I purposefully waited until the owner operator who I know was looking out the window then i approached the light with my hand raised in a commanding gesture and "made"the light turn on,ha ha ha,since then from time to time if I walk by and see the owners huddled together looking out the window at me I will stop ,turn and raise my outstretched hand to the sky and snap the light on,ha ha ha.You see I have a little mischief in me.Imagine what you might be thinking right now if I could broadcast in a controlled manner,ha ha ha.

On a serious note you need to be careful what you substanciate in cyber-space,there are freaking nuts out there with power and ability and curiosity,provide real proof anf just use your imagination in a Hollywood kind of way to envision the crap you could find yourself in,post pictures of your little implants and maybe some rich bored individual gets interested and desires to have your implant,what if you dont want to give it up?Get it?

Post pictures of sympathetic lights and 90% of people who see it will just laugh and not believe it,the problem is that the 10%that do believe it are the 10% with the power to seriously investigate it and the moxy to understand the value connected to it.

Fun stuff though and it seems like there might be a connection,although I am sure it is just something natural to ALL OF US,not just those who seem to have somehow opened up a little talent here and there.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

I dont have to walk past the lights to turn them off,there is a specific distance or range for each one and it is always different for each situation or light.I can just stand there and focus as I contract my diaphram,simple and let me tell you super fun with your kids especially if you do a spooky little chant firts and let them count it down5-4-3-2-1- bang!!

Just face it already,you have some really exciting and interesting things to learn about now,its that simple,you cannot deny it so after acceptance comes curiosity and learning.And dont ask me ,how would I know how it works,or really care for that matter,all I ever really cared about actually was finding out if I was nuts or if there were other people like me,prior to the internet my only real option was nuts so I didnt ever really think about things,but trust me there are people all over the world like me,it isnt even rare,what is rare is the people who can grasp the idea and accept it,ha ha ha.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

There is absolutely no evidence to suggest that we have any hidden or disabled super powers.
They aren't super, they are natural. Ok I stand corrected, they are supernatural. We have documentation telling us we have powers, We have a lot of unknowns after that, but many things that support the theory.

I guess you never thought it odd that the brain is the largest consumer of nutrition yet we don't get much in return for it. I'm convinced our abilities were bottlenecked as a form of punishemnt.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join