It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Return Of The Gold Standard Imminent

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Reminds me of a THread I made. Hyperinflation is no joke.!

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
money.cnn.com...
Just a little more imformation to back up the thread that a return to the gold standard maybe imminent

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- A growing number of states are seeking shiny new currencies made of silver and gold.

seems to be a trend thats fast gaining momentum

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
There's just not enough gold on this earth to return to the gold standard. When i first heard about the gold standard stuff, I thought it was best to return to it...but then I realized there just isn't enough gold, OR silver. We do need jewelry.

What we need is a sound money system that isn't controlled by __________.

Of course there's enough gold. Why would you think there isn't?

If the gold standard is based off the commodity value of gold, that means that a dollar will convert into a fixed amount of gold. That amount will, of course, be a lot smaller than the amount of gold you can buy today with a dollar though.

People always claim that there isn't enough gold or silver, but they never think about what that actually means.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bilder

Originally posted by Ghost375
There's just not enough gold on this earth to return to the gold standard.

What we need is a sound money system that isn't controlled by __________.

Well the constitution dosnt actually say money has to be backed by gold which i find odd that Ron Paul has never mentioned
fauxcapitalist.com...

Article I, Section 8 of the Constitution grants Congress the power “To coin Money,” but nowhere is the word “money” defined in the Constitution.

But i believe it does has to be backed by something of value

The Constitution prohibits the making of any thing but gold or silver for payment of a debt.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptChaos
The truth is, gold also has no intrinsic value. Why is it worth so much? Mainly because it does not deteriorate, so lasts forever. And it's somewhat scarce. Other than that, it's shiny. Wow. It's soft and weak.

Gold was not revered alchemically either because of its' monetary value, or its' aesthetics. It was because gold is an excellent conductor of both electricity AND prana/aether. They would make solutions of water and small gold flakes/particles, which they then concentrated on and impregnated with certain intentions or emotional states. Gold was particularly good at holding said energy. On a more atheistic level, it is used in electronics or computers for the same reason; it's a great conductor.

The cabal are going to want gold in circulation for the same reason, in arcane terms, that they like having their symbolism on every dollar bill. Money is something that people attach a lot of emotion to. Every time someone sees some of the cabal's symbols on a greenback, with the amount of emotion they feel towards money, that means that the cabal are getting charged. They have a massive aetheric power source this way; and having it made out of actual physical gold makes it a lot more powerful, even though a sigil (which is basically what the Eye is, in case you're wondering) on paper still works. Just to a lesser extent.

Being a (very slight, in my own case) magician really helps you understand why the cabal do what they do. From a magickal perspective, gold being the currency commodity really isn't that much of a mystery. It makes a lot of sense.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Can not be a gold standard.
Possibly a partial gold standard but not a full blown gold standard.
Simply not enough gold for full gold standard.
The USA alone would need trillions in gold.
US has only a few hundred plus billion in gold.
Gold will be needed for the future war.
Wars are funded by gold.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   
A ounce of gold would have to be worth over 50,000 dollars an ounce
to pay for all the paper money out there.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilder

A return to the gold standard??? Fat chance!

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Remember that the OPPT had aliens teleport all the gold away, so they could give everyone their $5billion or $10billion in gold.....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join