It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive US Military Buildup on Two Strategic Islands: Socotra and Masirah

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
We all must understand that this isn't about America and Iran, the multiple parameters at work here go far beyond the average person.

We see Germany having a strong hold on exports with recent trillion dollar deals to China, the Dollar weakening and France sitting back simply waiting....waiting for what. Has the demise of the euro been agreed upon has Germany taken the bait. Many know that Germany is to enter a recession period that would obviously rock its very foundation as an industrial nation and its perhaps what more than likely the U.S. economy requires to re-vamp its economy. We all have seen no matter what stimulus packages are put forward by the IMF or the European Central Bank that they simply cannot bare the full brunt of the global economy. Russia's exports to the euro region are hampered by Germany's constant dragging process rather than efficient decision making policies.

So could it simply bee that the superpowers have agreed to not agree that a nation needs to be taken off the Global Market to a point that would allow the U.S. , Russian and Chinese economy to stabilize ? . What better way to do this than to create a conflict between nations and we all know when that happens, noone buys let alone invests. So if we have an industrial nation that is over stocked with goods and no-where to sell what usually happens ? , yes reduction in outpout that equals to job reductions, hence the recession. The figures are adding up, and all the major players have made their final moves so what is that we are all waiting for. I feel that behind the scenes they are simply agreeing on how much of a global market each power is to gain.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
With a president like Obama,

who needs Bush?

Seriously, what did you expect?

Bring them all home to sit around or shop at the exchange all day?
edit on 28-1-2012 by kawika because: corectolated spel'n err

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by kawika

Or it could all be a big bluff..It would certainly make the powers in Iran think very deeply .Especialy if they thought they would be going the way of Iraq. All the big boys will lose there perks..it might force them to the talk table.But then again it might be showdown time.Psychologicaly thats the name of the game. But on the other hand all the bunker busters have been in Diago garcia these past eigteen months, it takes a long time to plan a war that if you start "must win".I wonder what China and Russia will do?...probably nothing. For russia the price of oil goes up...For China they are owed so much they cant risk loosing the payback.Thats if the west wins..If the west looses,The Chinese will want the Americans out of south east asia and probably some pacific Islands. thoughts?

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by anonentity

I am worried that Iran will be better arm'd, better trained and more motivated than our other recent conquests.

But I have become used to the idea that TPTB seem to favor keeping something going somewhere at all times. Maybe so we have a pool of experienced ass kickers around just in case.

It is almost like a testing area. The middle east weapons test facility.

I remember when I was in school and Vietnam was going on. And I wondered if it would ever end. It did, but not for long. Always another battle to fight.

I am retired Navy, and I suppose they might call me back, and I am ok with that. But it would be better if we could find a way to end this cycle. Ron Paul 2012

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeachM1litant
I just want to point out a few mistakes in the articles and point out some anomilities.

Firstly before the invasion of Kuwait (called operation Desert Storm) the United States amassed some 570,000 troops in Syria in operation Desert Shield. Saddam's forces in Kuwait numbered 100,000.

You mean Saudi Arabia and not Syria. I would like to remind everyone that during that war, when their were what 40 nations involved in saving Kuwait? Even Syria had troops beside ours then, They were all used as back up that wasn't needed but also made a good bluff for our troops to bolt north and give them the left hook from hell. Name the one country who did not participate and sold Saddam night vision goggles, Intel from their spy ships and other crap right before the war started?

Yep, Russia!! Don't think the U.S. is basing ground troops on some tiny islands where Iran can take pop shots at them. The real question is where are all the Russian troops? I would be that just like in 2008, Russia is moving troops to the Iranian and Georgian borders.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
So, where are the Obamabot apologist? With all the recent Obama support we've been seeing on ATS, I'd like to hear why exactly any of you supporters really think he's better than Bush. Many of you will rationalize a vote for him by saying at least he props up a welfare state. Is living in a welfare state really that good when you're on the verge of another world war that will most likely, completely destroy America; possibly even the world? Nuclear holocaust anyone?

People care more about Ron Paul's badly managed newsletters than mass murder, more wars, & a potential man-made extinction event. So really, explain to me HOW you can still rationalize a vote for this elitist-puppet psychopath?

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

Shrewd traders specializing in the sale of smuggled oil then purchase quantities of crude with cash and transport it to various buyers who don't ask questions about its provenance.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by H1ght3chHippie
reply to post by Hellas

The camo of the vehicles of the train is unsuitable for the desert terrain around the persian gulf.

Seeing as they have been so blatant with everything they have done recently, without a care in the world...their arrogance might be overlooking the need to change the camo!

not a very helpful comment I know

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by angelchemuel

reply to post by Hellas

The camo of the vehicles of the train is unsuitable for the desert terrain around the persian gulf.

Seeing as they have been so blatant with everything they have done recently, without a care in the world...their arrogance might be overlooking the need to change the camo!

not a very helpful comment I know

Rainbows
Jane

Iran is not all desert. Those train loads could have went anywhere, they also did this during the last Iraq war. They sprayed them when they got in Kuwait in case they needed to ship them somewhere else in a hurry. It also makes sense to leave them that color until they get in a desert environment just in case.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Are you people serious? I know most of you have little military back ground and no understanding of the logistics of supporting a force and even less of an understanding of strategic military planning but, just common sense should be able to tell you how completely impossible this story is. Come on you guys, will you buy anything as long as it fits your agenda? Read about these islands and you figure out why deploying and force of note there would be just plain out stupid.
edit on 28-1-2012 by MrSpad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad
Are you people serious? I know most of you have little military back ground and no understanding of the logistics of supporting a force and even less of an understanding of strategic military planning but, just common sense should be able to tell you how completely impossible this story is. Come on you guys, will you buy anything as long as it fits your agenda? Read about these islands and you figure out why deploying and force of note there would be just plain out stupid.

Here you go General!

www.globalresearch.ca...

FYI: Those Islands were also used 2003 for Iraq.
edit on 28-1-2012 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

reply to post by Hellas

All tanks come out from the factory in that colour, changing the camo on the tanks is the squads responsibility.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
ANYONE in the Military can confirm this ?

100K troops?

Seriously?

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by citizen6511

I do not believe China is against Wester nations in general, just those than can oppose their ultimate goals. The USA on the other hand should be the prime target for the actions you describe as they are blocking the resolution of Taiwan and the expansion of China's interests in Africa and Asia and ultimately are a predatory nation themselves (less so than China so far). Also Western nations are output markets for China all combined, more than the USA and some even required input markets like Germany.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
ANYONE in the Military can confirm this ?

100K troops?

Seriously?

Here you have a lot of links supporting that. Maybe this will be helpful for ya

www.twitlonger.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by kawika
With a president like Obama,

who needs Bush?

Seriously, what did you expect?

Bring them all home to sit around or shop at the exchange all day?
edit on 28-1-2012 by kawika because: corectolated spel'n err

Where are the Obama supporters? Obama is a bloodthirsty maniac, they better remember this come voting day.

I'm sure this charlatan has some more snake oil to sell us.
edit on 28-1-2012 by L00kingGlass because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellas

Here you go General!

www.globalresearch.ca...

So you think some people could be confused about a place that could support a small airbase and perhaps a smalll naval support unit and they then just assume it would be a great place to stash 100K soldiers plus tanks, trucks, equipment etc?

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Americas obsession with war never fails to amaze me. Shake hands and get back to work!

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellas

Here you go General!

www.globalresearch.ca...

So you think some people could be confused about a place that could support a small airbase and perhaps a smalll naval support unit and they then just assume it would be a great place to stash 100K soldiers plus tanks, trucks, equipment etc?

What I'm saying is, that it has been used in the past.

The rest is from the article I posted. Plus the videos of course with the tanks etc.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I know it's cliche on ATS by now but i can't resist:

"And so it begins"

The only time an army amasses a force this large is for war games or invasion. I seriously doubt any war game scenarios are at play for this. And this further explains that video of those Bradleys.

But here's the thing. I don't think they want to bust open that ant hill.

Someone's gonna's push back.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join