It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's With The Obama Love on ATS Today?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

Thank you Deetermined for bringing back some reason to my OP.

Oh, you mean that OP that outright lied?

Originally posted by MRuss

What else has Obama accomplished? Well---he had a lot of firsts didn't he? Do you all need reminding?

Seems like lying is considered "Reason"?.

edit on Sat Jan 28 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
lolol..

i recognized that yesterday too..

wtf ATS.....

"parallel universe"...you might be right...something is off

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   

reply to post by TsukiLunar

Well..it might be because "the buck stops here."

A President accepts responsibility for the state of the country he is running, whether the problems are truly his to claim or not.

That's just part of the job---but every President knows this.

And yet, you consider that a healthy way of viewing it and justifying your hate?

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

Really? A link stating that Obama didn't go on an "apology tour" by saying he didn't use the word "apologize"? That's pretty weak. Even so, by reading the quotes, he definitely went on a "we've made plenty of mistakes" tour. The sad part about that is, he never accomplished the things he said he was going to do to correct them either.

www.heritage.org...

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

What a great summary! Outstanding thread.

There are two possibilities...

Either the Gov is employing people to defend him online at boards like this.

or

We are gett'n stupider...

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

What about Bush?

The same president who was reading to kids on 9/11?

The same president that was a complete bozo and gave people plenty of "bushisms"?

Do people have amnesia or something?

Makes more sense to compare him to Carter.

Bad apples to bad apples.

Can't believe I wrote that. What is happening to me..

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
The clear truth is that there are a number of Obama supporters here in the ATS community. We are a minority, I'm sure. And the way some of you treat the minority is indicative of how this country treats its minorities, so I'm not really surprised at the fear, hatred and contempt with which some of you operate toward us. The reason you don't see us very much is because when we do speak out, we are attacked as being brainless, stupid and my favorite, "asleep"...

Simply put, the reason you don't see the "Obama love" on here very much is because anyone who expresses their support for Obama gets immediately hated on... Only the very brave have the fortitude to deal with the inevitable onslaught of negativity and insults.

But the more we speak out, the more people who want to speak, but are hesitant, will. So, thank you for starting this thread to talk about Obama Love... It's pretty cool, isn't it?

Obama 2012!

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Sure. It's cool. I think it's great to watch how a thread transforms. Sadly, it is usually hijacked by people who:

1) Think they are unequivocally right. About everything. All of the time.

2) Think insulting other people is a great way to get their point across.

3) Have the diplomatic skills of a skunk.

But yes! So glad I posted this today!

I'm having a ball here this morning! Woo-hoo!

You are certainly entitled to your "Obama Love." Go at it! I don't have a problem with your choice.

Again, as I stated in my OP: I want Obama supporters to do the following:

1) Explain what the NDAA is in intelligent terms.

2) And then explain to me how they could vote for a guy who signed this into law.

That's all I'm asking!

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

When Obama signed the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) last month, he paired it with a signing statement, noting he had “serious reservations with certain provisions that regulate the detention, interrogation and prosecution of suspected terrorists.”

Source

The signing statement give him cover with his supporters, but has no effect on implementation of the law.

My understanding is we have to wait until someone is detained under NDAA to test it in court. But if there is no one phone call allowed, how will we get the word out we have been detained?

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

Sure. It's cool. I think it's great to watch how a thread transforms. Sadly, it is usually hijacked by people who:

1) Think they are unequivocally right. About everything. All of the time.

2) Think insulting other people is a great way to get their point across.

3) Have the diplomatic skills of a skunk.

If you're saying that you hijacked your own thread by thinking that you're right, insulting people and lacking diplomacy, I couldn't agree with you more.

1) Explain what the NDAA is in intelligent terms.

2) And then explain to me how they could vote for a guy who signed this into law.

That's all I'm asking!

Fine. The NDAA is the Defense budget. Passed every year. Has been for many years. I don't agree with indefinite detention. Didn't agree with it with Bush and I don't agree with it now.

How could I vote for him? I have NEVER (in my 56 years) voted for someone with who I agreed on every issue. I don't expect to have a president who agrees with me 100%. If I needed that, I would run myself.

I hope that answers your question.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
Since we are discussing Obama, answer me this?

Why is every bad thing that happens his fault, yet he gets no credit for the good things?

Because then you'd have to give him credit for doing good.

I like this one: why is the war expense not in Bush's official expense record - - but the cost of fixing it is in Obama's expenses - - and expectations.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Forgive me for my ignorance...but I'm just a little confused. Maybe it's too early in the morning to be debating politics.

The NDAA is a scary peice of legislation (now law). It's too important to be brushed off with a "Oh, I don't agree with everything the guy says....." sort of comment. Let's be very clear about what you are so casually brushing off:

Yes, the NDAA has been signed into law every year for nearly the past fifty. One of its main objectives is to allow the government to continue funding national security interests and the military for the next fiscal year.

This year’s bill, however, was different. And we all know it. It ultimately provides the military with extraordinary powers to detain American citizens without providing them with a fair trial. To most fair minded policy watchers, this bill is cause for great concern.

An American citizen can now be held in military detention for months without trial, and be released only to be restricted from taking legal action against his captors. This is happening in America. It was signed by your idol--Obama--on New Year's Eve, while the country was drinking or sleeping.

Who, my friend, is taking our liberties away? Is it the terrorists or the politicians?

This bill should be so alarming to you because as an educated ATS'er, you've probably concluded that it is another piece in the NWO stampede to their goal.

What confuses me is why this doesn't alarm the Obama supporters? Your refusal to see the sheer trampling of our Bill or Right in this legislation, and the way it was pushed through on New Year's Eve--- well, that should alarm you.

I am not speaking to you as a democrat. Or as a republican. This conversation goes beyond party politics. This is about being an American citizen.

Patriots must protect their country from their government.

You are not doing this.

You are playing party politics.

What I'm talking about is saving this country from the politicians and preserving it for future generations.

edit on 28-1-2012 by MRuss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

It was signed by your idol--

You are playing party politics.

You make far too many assumptions about me to continue discussing this with you. I'm sorry. I'm not interested in having a debate with you.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Just replying to your reply, my friend!

Pointing out things about the NDAA you seemed to leave out...

Have a great day!

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Just replying to your reply, my friend!

Pointing out things about the NDAA you seemed to leave out...

Have a great day!

Really? No, you have been the one playing Us vs. Them from the very beginning.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   

And you have a great day too Tsu!

The sun is shining and I'm going out for a walk!

Enjoyed hearing your thoughts.

I hope NDAA doesn't come back to haunt us..but today..I guess... we can enjoy for what it is...

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

And you have a great day too Tsu!

The sun is shining and I'm going out for a walk!

Enjoyed hearing your thoughts.

I hope NDAA doesn't come back to haunt us..but today..I guess... we can enjoy for what it is...

What do you mean by "haunt" us? Are you a terrorist?

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join