It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barak: World must act against Iran before it's too late

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Lots of conflicting statements by world leaders this week concerning Iran.

Earlier this week, The Israeli Ambassador to the U.N. said "Tomorrow will be too late for action against Iran".

Earlier this week, Iranian President Ahmadinejad said Iran Is Ready for Nuclear Talks.

Earlier this week, the Chairman of the US Joint Chiefs of Staff General Martin Dempsey said a war with Iran would be premature and destabilizing to the whole world economy.

Now on Friday, the Israeli Defense Minister Ehud Barak said the world must act against Iran.

Barak highlights "a challenge for the whole world" to prevent a nuclear-armed Iran.

Barak was speaking at a session at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, Friday, Jan. 27, 2012.

Published 14:12 27.01.12
Latest update 14:12 27.01.12
Haaretz

Defense Minister Ehud Barak said Friday the world must quickly stop Iran from reaching the point where even a "surgical" military strike could not block it from obtaining nuclear weapons.

"We are determined to prevent Iran from turning nuclear. And even the American president and opinion leaders have said that no option should be removed from the table and Iran should be blocked from turning nuclear," Barak told reporters during the annual meeting of the World Economic Forum.

"It seems to us to be urgent, because the Iranians are deliberately drifting into what we call an immunity zone where practically no surgical operation could block them," he said.

Barak called it "a challenge for the whole world" to prevent a nuclear-armed Iran but stopped short of confirming any action that could further stoke Washington's concern about a possible Israeli military strike.
Haaretz Article Jan 27 2012

Looks like Israel wants "the whole world" to be on their side

Well, IS the whole world on their side ?

If Israel Wants Peace, Why All the Threats ???

Do the Agendas of Zionism Always Include WAR ??

Statement of the Year

Amid fears that Israel is nearing a decision to attack Iran's nuclear program, Barak said tougher international sanctions are needed against Tehran's oil and banks so that "we all will know early enough whether the Iranians are ready to give up their nuclear weapons program."

Exactly HOW will "tougher" international sanctions make this happen:
"we all will know early enough whether the Iranians are ready to give up their nuclear weapons program."
??????

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
lol I just posted this is another thread...
if the republicans win[the next election], we will have a guaranteed war with Iran.
If Obama wins, we will have a highly likely war with Iran.

thinking about it more, it's probably guaranteed either way.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
At this point in time I don't think it's as important that Obama be RIGHT as it is to be CONSISTENT. Even consistent in a bad position beats this crazy shifting of position from speech to speech. I think our President has the ultimate case of ADHD.

The world really doesn't rest easy when the most powerful nations become unpredictable, imho.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
So how many are going to click on this this thinking Barak=Barack Obama instead of Ehud Barak? I'm guessing alot =)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
After they carry out their mission of invading Iran, they will try and invade Saudi Arabia for their oil. I could just see it happening right now in my mind, it's all apart of their diabolical plan for the NWO!

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Peace is a noble goal to strive for, but not very realistic. Not in that region, not as long as there are any Israelites left in the region. The only option Israel has for peace is to pack up and find a quiet place somewhere in africa no one gives a crap about and they aint about to do that, so...no peace. Iran having nukes doesn't bother me a bit except for the idea of those Mullahs that want to bring their Mahdi who needs a 12th imam sidekick because he forgot he is God. That and all those millions of terrorists who would jump at the chance to push that red button and make Israel disappear forever, they aint above sacrificing a few million of their own to achieve that goal

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Josephus
So how many are going to click on this this thinking Barak=Barack Obama instead of Ehud Barak? I'm guessing alot =)

lol you caught me

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Lol, thats actually what i did.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

There is a difference? Obama is saying about the same thing, and even if he weren't.....The U.S. and Israel are joined in the minds of our enemies. No question. So an attack by or against one will be extended to both.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
Peace is a noble goal to strive for, but not very realistic. Not in that region, not as long as there are any Israelites left in the region. The only option Israel has for peace is to pack up and find a quiet place somewhere in africa no one gives a crap about and they aint about to do that, so...no peace. Iran having nukes doesn't bother me a bit except for the idea of those Mullahs that want to bring their Mahdi who needs a 12th imam sidekick because he forgot he is God. That and all those millions of terrorists who would jump at the chance to push that red button and make Israel disappear forever, they aint above sacrificing a few million of their own to achieve that goal

Many people are more afraid of Israeli/Zionist factions pressing the button first to destroy their percieved enemies.

What if somebody in Israel snaps off and launches an unauthorized attack with nukes ?

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I read the title as Borat and was sadly disappointed when hilarity did not ensue

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

I was half way through writing the thread when I realized who Barak actually was !!

just kidding.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Many people are more afraid of Israeli/Zionist factions pressing the button first to destroy their percieved enemies.

What if somebody in Israel snaps off and launches an unauthorized attack with nukes ?

Israel has had nukes how many years and they've never used them even once? I don't see anything to be afraid of. If they were going to blow anyone off the map they woulda done it long ago. The Samson Initiative would only be used if Israel was faced with imminent destruction. They just want to be left alone. Don't poke the porcupine and all will be well. Iran's dealings with terrorists and their funding of islamic militant militias makes Israel nervous because the prospect of a terrorist getting their hands on a nuke is enough to make everyone else nervous.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
america should refrain from dictating terms and conditions for the governing of other countries. Different countries with their unique make up need different governance. American people in general are nice and helpful with a sense of fairplay. It is the military "so called experts" at the Pentagon who are war mongers and paranoid. They feel threatened when other countries catch up economically or technically. In the long run America would be viewed as a big bad bully and eventually would lose its allies. It is just a matter of another 50 years give or take. No big power/empire last forever as history will tell. Decline will come...face it. Great Britain is not so GREAT anymore but then the British empire lasted this long because they did not go outt and look for a fight. They had nearly 60 countries in the British Commonwealth and they managed fine .

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Wait a minute, have they provided solid evidence that Iran does indeed have a nuclear weapons program?

Still even if they did, so what? they can't launch one of those here, and if they launch one at Israel, well they have their own, I doubt if Iran gets a nuke they will be launching them left and right.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by TgP3o6

You're a funny guy!

The Saudis are in the back pocket of the West. They provide a ton of energy exports.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Israel has had nukes how many years and they've never used them even once? I don't see anything to be afraid of. If they were going to blow anyone off the map they woulda done it long ago. The Samson Initiative would only be used if Israel was faced with imminent destruction. They just want to be left alone. Don't poke the porcupine and all will be well. Iran's dealings with terrorists and their funding of islamic militant militias makes Israel nervous because the prospect of a terrorist getting their hands on a nuke is enough to make everyone else nervous.

True,

But what if someone infiltrates Israel ?

Or, what if Zionist terrorist factions acquire nukes on their own and decide to use them ?

We may not be dealing with normal thinking people all the time !!

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Israel dosnt want peace, who are you kidding, if war was a drumkit Israel would would be the bass drum

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
War with Iran will take place.....I reckon to watch for opportunities in weather, and force positioning.
These two issues may be the best weather vanes to an attack date.
Provided no ultimatums get spoken.in the meantime.
Currently it seems to me tat the US Isreal alliance is DESPERATE to start the ball rolling as soon as possible.
Perhaps because they wish to initiate hostiliyies because their support base is dwindling.
If left too long the momentum will be lost, and the situation will cool off too much to find an excuse to bomb.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   

exactly my thought

top topics

<<   2 >>

join