It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They Called Kennedy Crazy; Why Newt's Lunar Colony is a GREAT idea.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar
reply to post by jjf3rd77

can you imagine just what the economic impact would be if we all had access to free college level education or free training at a trade school of our choice!!!

right now, the US don't have enough trained machinists and tool and die makers, and other skilled labor that would be needed...
oh, ya, we can import them from other countries, that's right....

Just a heads up free college doesn't make you smarter! You can train yourself in any field and startup your own company in pretty much anything, if you have the right support and connections. All of the talking points that you are talking about is what they told Kennedy back in the 60s but HE DID IT! And WE DID IT!

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I liked the moon colony idea the first time I heard it, when it was George W. Bush's idea.

Romney hit the nail on the head in regards to Newt's "idea", it was catering to the Florida vote, which he has done in every state, promise them what he thinks they want to hear.

The hole is however too deep 15T, we need to get out of it before we go to the bank to get a loan on a space-ship, let alone a colony.

It would be nice to drop on by the flying saucer store or have robots erect a nice base for us but the amount it would cost is not possible, it would end up all being bought and owned by China if we were to even attempt such a thing now, think about it.

It would be a moon base with a Chinese flag.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
he made the promise in florida

cheap trick

never gonna happen

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Razimus
I liked the moon colony idea the first time I heard it, when it was George W. Bush's idea.

Romney hit the nail on the head in regards to Newt's "idea", it was catering to the Florida vote, which he has done in every state, promise them what he thinks they want to hear.

The hole is however too deep 15T, we need to get out of it before we go to the bank to get a loan on a space-ship, let alone a colony.

It would be nice to drop on by the flying saucer store or have robots erect a nice base for us but the amount it would cost is not possible, it would end up all being bought and owned by China if we were to even attempt such a thing now, think about it.

It would be a moon base with a Chinese flag.

I know the impracticalities of it I'm just being very optimistic. The idea is pretty good hence the title of the thread. It doesn't look like Newt's gonna win anyway. Romney won by a long shot here in Florida

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

just a heads up.....
the smartest people are getting too smart to go that deep into debt on a promise!!!

so, you are telling me that all the years I spent learning web design and such, well, that is gonna land me a job in the field, or are they gonna expect a degree still??
what about doctors, or engineers?? I suppose they can teach themselves and go out and be taken seriously also??
ya know at one time the companies has apprentice programs for machinists and such....
now many seem to think that the person should invest in trade school for a couple years and then come and talk to them ....
and then they complain to congress about how there isn't enough skilled workers in the country!!!
well, why don't they TRAIN the people like the predecessors did???? and you won't mind one bit when the gov't comes back and wants more from you to pay the bankers when that ba lloon busts wide open???

as far as the business bit goes....
well, guess I'll ask again, what, are they slicing and dicing those loans up also and selling them around the world, like they did the mortgages???
small business loans, as well as student loans are backed by the gov't, and more small businesses fail, so, well, guess you want to assist in inflating another balloon and won't mind

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join