It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Is Your Fear?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Since VVV's spider thread got kinda derailed i decided to make this one
Maybe people could give you advice and stuff on how mayb to conquare those fears

Here's Mines

One major fear i have is Butterflies i dont know exactly why - logic dictates that these are the most harmless things on the planet and cant hurt you....hooowweeeeevvverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ...... *shudders* they are weird looking things that literally scare the poop outta me
, i go into a mental break down and run like hell, those wings *shudders* and the weird looking hairy bodies *shudders more* oh god no i just cant even type more about it

Let's hear them!, what do you fear more than anything in this world and why?

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Huge wasps. I swear they love using their stinger's.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Moths... i dont know what it is about them, maybe how they fly or the noise they make but they freak me out.
edit on 27-1-2012 by AboveMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by AboveMe
Moths... i dont know what it is about, them maybe how they fly or the noise they make but they freak me out.

oh god yes moths are just ugly butterflies, they are rats with wings arrghh *shudders*
edit on 27/1/12 by ronishia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAZ21
Huge wasps. I swear they love using their stinger's.

my husband has that problem!! - they seem to love him

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ronishia

I don't like spiders and snakes.I don't like really high places
either.I don't like going down on an escalator.I don't like having
a spinal tap or an MRI.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Snakes and spiders used to bother me, but after living in the country for so long, and actually killing a 4 ft. rattle snake with a shovel, I stopped being afraid of them.

Now my fear is the dreaded Arizona Bark Scorpion. These little suckers are highly poisonous and are everywhere we were live. I have found them crawling on my bed comforter, and next to my bare foot while I was making dinner. They absolutely freak me out, plus they are aggressive and very fast. I dread this spring, they will be coming out to breed.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
my biggest fear is heights, and then crowds of people.... I managed to get rid of some of my other fears, snakes, darkness, but doesn't matter how I try, I can't get rid of these two.

I have managed to overcome both at times, and then I would think that I am cured, but the next time I am in that situation, the fear just takes hold of me again.

Normally, when I can feel a phobia overtake me, if I can start focussing on my breathing, and forcing myself to become calm, I can do it, except with crowds and heights. I can fly quite comfortably (but still can't sleep on a long flight, but I think that is something else), but when I start breathing deeply next to a huge cliff, and become quite calm, then the next second I would look down, and get a shock, and then the panic is not far away. At least I can console myself that nowadays I can get quite close to the edge of a cliff without panic, IF I force myself to remain calm, but once the panic sets in, it is almost impossible to keep a cool head. (but I know at least some people that are more scared of heights than me), but just thinking about jumping from an airplane with a parachute, makes me panic. Guess I'll never be able to do the bungee-jump thing either, lol ....

edit on 27/1/2012 by Hellhound604 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27/1/2012 by Hellhound604 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Being under power lines on a windy day.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

I think there's a nest in the walls of my house. In the summer they seem to be in places they shouldn't. I hate waking up to the buzzing wings, which entails mass panic and throwing of objects around the room in response.
edit on 27-1-2012 by DAZ21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Fear, I fear where the politicians have been sprinting (well more like marathon race) us to for the last 100 or so years. I fear the state.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I have a big fear of spiders, but that's getting better as the years go on. Rather than going a whiter shade of pale and running away. I'm able to remove them from my home using rubber tongs or a fish slice to nudge lightly into a big container whilst wearing oven mits on both hands and dispensing it safely outside

I also have a fear of mirrors. I have a very over active imagination. And often when i'm brushing my teeth or having a quick wash, i always have a flash through my mind of me looking up, either to see something horrible standing behind me or something otherworldly and equally horrible staring back at me.

I used to live in a place that had one mirror over the sink and one mirror over the toilet (on the walls facing eachother) So it was a never ending reflection. That used to give me the heeby jeebies.

If i've had mirrors in my bedroom in the past, i would cover them with a sheet or dressing gown at night.
edit on 27-1-2012 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I really hate humans with dog's heads lol

No seriously.... sometimes you see it in programs or ads and it is hideous!!
Scares me beyond scared and I can't look at it, I have to turn away.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Butterflies are the creators messengers
No need to be worried, just let them flutter by.....

My biggest fear is nuclear war.
Ever since I became aware of nuclear weapons, I think that is the only thing that chills me to the core, the thought of being caught in a nuclear holocaust.

I remember waking up one night in the middle of a tv simulation of what would happen if a nuclear war started, and not knowing it was just a tv show, I almost died. I woke everyone in the house and made them watch. I was only around 14 then maybe.. When I realized that it said "Live: Whitehouse" and was showing daylight, I caught on, but up until then, I really thought we were all dead.

That is my deepest innermost fear.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Mister_Bit

Anubis is a Dog headed Egyptian character or god who accompany's the dead on the journey to the afterlife.
Victorians used to like to portray animals with human traits also - But it is all just imagination and not real

edit on 27-1-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-1-2012 by artistpoet because: typos

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
SPIDERS!

AS you have seen on my FB, those things freak me out! Ick factor is a 10! The one posted in VVV's thread as well on my FB of the one on toilet paper, oh heck no! I'd cry if I saw that.

My other fears are scrunchies and fanny packs

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

My other fears are scrunchies and fanny packs

scrunchies??
how the heck can you be afraid of scrunchies

edit on 28/1/12 by ronishia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

I really don't like heights I don't like it when they show them in t.v. or movies so I probably wouldn'tsee the latest Mision Impossible or the newest The Ledge. I realize most of that stuff is CGI, but I still don't like seeing it even the down escalator bugs me, as to bugs that I really hate june bugs and moths I hate the speedy flapping wings of moth and june bugs are pests. I don't like the obvious bugs either cockroaches and where I live palmetto bugs they are flying cockroaches that are about twice the size of the smalller cockroaches those I'll use anything to kill them with no hesitation.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
My biggest fear is something bad happening to my daughter, like a fatal accident or illness. I was just hearing a story on NPR about someone's child who suddenly died during a bout of mononucleosis. Oh great, something else I have to worry about.

Moths, wasps, snakes and even poisonous scorpions - I can deal with - but the idea of losing my daughter scares me to death.

new topics

top topics

join